Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

MAN , IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON SAY IT'S JUST ASHLAND, I THINK I'LL PUKE. I NEVER ONCE HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT BEFORE I GOT ON HERE. BUT WITH THE TIGERS WINNING 19 IN A ROW TILL LAST YEAR, I CAN SEE WHY SOME MIGHT SAY THAT. GLAD ASHLAND WON ONE. I WAS GETTING WORRIED THEY WERE GONNA DROP US TOO.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Ok, now, I just got back from Grayson Lake and while I was out there, I got a little time to think about something I might have heard today. First, I have to admit, I tend to be a wee bit gullible at times so please excuse me if there's nothing to this and it's just someone pulling my leg...ok?

Ok, here's what I was going over and over in my mind trying to think if it's true or not? That AD Lafon had a couple of the maintenance people out on Bob Lutz Field working on the score board? That, instead of having to haul in an expensive rental, a deal was worked out whereby..on the scoreboard, the 'Tigers' was masked off and painted over it was Ashland. Then, what normally is marked guest has been taped over..repainted. Ashland will use half of that side too, Ironton will use the other half of what was formerly the Guest. This way, The Tomcats can register over 100 and of course, the Tigers won't need but a single digit for their score. Fact or fiction?

Here's a photo too!
Last edited by kantuckyII on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

To kantucky's photo... ::cough Photoshop cough:: :lol: :lol:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

BuckBalls wrote:
tl895 wrote:this may be the best team ashland has had in 15 years. this qb really impressed me last year and it looks like he is the real deal tigers must put enormous pressure on him to win this game i think they may be the most talented team we will face this year but oh crap what a boatload of points they will be worth...
Yeah well one good hit and I bet he becomes gun shy let Webb, or Spoljaric or Lawless and Warner or Hager put one good lick on him and I bet he will not be doing much.

that didnt happen last year because we did not put much pressure on him again that is the key with most good high school qbs. most are not physically able to handle a lot of hits case in point chris smith huge kid but a few trips to the turf he was packin it in, throwing way to soon to avoid the hit...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i will wear ashland tomcat gear at the ashland mall, and on the foot of the ashland bridge if they hang a triple digit on the tigers. all you can bring , and all the photos you wanna take. YOU HEAR ME TOMCAT FANS. and i'm a man of my word, believe dat. geesh , win 1 game in 19 years, then bow out in the first round of the playoffs, now they are lombardi's packers.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

E_Waugh wrote:To kantucky's photo... ::cough Photoshop cough:: :lol: :lol:
Just havin' a little fun ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i liked it myself.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by TigerTownKid »

Pepsiman wrote:
TigerTownKid wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......
It's an ASHLAND vs. Ironton topic. Therefore Kentucky opinions are entitled, considering Ashland is located in Kentucky....In case you didn't know that.
Ashland is in Kentucky??? Wow...thanks for...........that geography...........lesson.........SMART BOOTY.............NEXT TIME...........READ THE WHOLE ..........TOPIC NOT.........JUST ONE........POST :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I did read the whole topic. That's my point. Kentucky stats and opinions are welcome due to this match-up having a school that is a member of the state of Kemtucky.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

Not sure what ashland has but they must be preety good. Still dont think we have gelled yet, hope we do this week, playing at home will help, like to see T. White get more carries, Can only help us. Stop turning the ball over and lay some wood this week guys. This game reminds me when we played valley view no one gave us a chance and that turned out preety good. GOOD LUCK TIGERS!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII wrote:
E_Waugh wrote:To kantucky's photo... ::cough Photoshop cough:: :lol: :lol:
Just havin' a little fun ;-)

you have to lay off, people are srtrting to believe you :12224

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton takes care of the ball and keeps pressure on the QB and control the clock the chance for victory is there the kicking game is my biggest worry in a close game.
But hopefully Ironton will bring it all this game and show the doubters they are for real.
Ironton loses it will be just a loss and we will have to move on the next game and improve on everything there.
Go Tigers

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I firmly believe that the Tigers are going to win this game. It might be a squeaker but I believe the squeak will favor the Tigers. I don't believe the team has played anywhere near the level they are capable of and this just might be the week we see the spark ignited...I think it will be

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by ballrmom »

SPAMONY wrote:TOMCATS will roll the TIGERS

could get UGLY!!!
its at the tank and the only thing tomcats roll out is the tarp after it rains

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

The FIGHTING TIGERS will win this game! The fans must stay with them the whole game. Even if we get behind on the scoreboard. remember a few years ago, I think we were 3 scores behind and made that up in under 2 minutes.

Thats the scoreboard picture Tucky should put on here.

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

HIT EVERYBODY!

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

The outcome of this game much like most games will be determined on the line of scrimmage. If Irontons defensive line can not get pressure on Hunter than the tigers are in trouble. You must make him force some passes and hope for some turnovers. I'm sure Ashland figures Ironton will be in there standard zone defense but I would love to see some different looks with some mixed coverages and blitz packages that could confuse him. He is a high school qb afterall he's not adept at reading defenses yet.
Conversely if Ironton can open the holes on the running game they can control the clock. If Ashland insist on stacking the box with 9-10 guys Ironton MUST make them pay. The play action and quick slant to Lawless is there all night. Don't be afraid to exploit it. Make them back off and watch the running game take off.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Tiger Man wrote:The FIGHTING TIGERS will win this game! The fans must stay with them the whole game. Even if we get behind on the scoreboard. remember a few years ago, I think we were 3 scores behind and made that up in under 2 minutes.

Thats the scoreboard picture Tucky should put on here.

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

HIT EVERYBODY!
Here ya Go Tiger Man. I love hearing him say, "The Victory Bell is going ring long and loud tonight!"!

I remember...sitting about on the 40 yard line at Putnam Stadium. There were about 20 or so college age and older guys from Ashland standing on the Ironton side behind us...yelling and mocking Ironton the whole night. I remember after Ironton scored this last one and turning back to see how those guys were enjoying that..only to see them all walking out the gate! There were cars bumper to bumper as many had already left the game. Good things always happen when you stay with the good guys, the ones wearing the Orange & Black (the Fighting Tigers, of course)

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:MAN , IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON SAY IT'S JUST ASHLAND, I THINK I'LL PUKE. I NEVER ONCE HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT BEFORE I GOT ON HERE. BUT WITH THE TIGERS WINNING 19 IN A ROW TILL LAST YEAR, I CAN SEE WHY SOME MIGHT SAY THAT. GLAD ASHLAND WON ONE. I WAS GETTING WORRIED THEY WERE GONNA DROP US TOO.

I thought I would like to see you PUKE.

It is only Ashland!!!

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

I'm pulling for the Tigers, but with Ashland's skill players and speed it could get ugly real fast. I-town needs to pressure the QB and force some errant passes, that the d-backs can pick to neutralize the skill players, and sustain a few clock eating drives that end in the endzone and not turn it over on downs or a miscue. Keep it close and finish drives, and it's a toss-up
game, give a cushion on d and it's a long night.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I haven't been this excited about an Ironton game for years. Whether the Tigers will pull it off or not, I cannot say but I'm sure thinking they are going to win! Anyway, the last few weeks, we've seen really good crowds at the away games and even hearing the Ironton fans getting a wee bit loud. That's just great to hear and see again! I hope to see them Tiger Fans get really worked up and rowdy Friday night! Hey, I remember when Carlos Snow, Vinnie Clark and company came to Ironton...Ironton fans gave them a standing ovation as they left the field after the Tigers took them down.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

The Golf Team did their part this evening defeating Ashland

Ironton - 148

Ashland - 155

Lets make a sweep Friday night.

Return to “Football”