Re: Logan (0-3) @ Jackson (2-1) (SEOAL)

Post by Chieftain »

Thats probably pretty accurate, D&C

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good post D&C.

I thought that this team was on the right path the first week - a lot of option looks, lots of running, limited throwing - out of the same looks we have seen in the past.

Then the last two weeks we saw more of the 2009 offensive game plan - with lesser personnel. Certainly a big part of that has been falling behind by multiple scores early.

I've said this a couple times this week:

Friday night, Alumni Stadium in Jackson becomes the ALAMO for the Chieftains. I hope the kids and coaches rally and rise to the occasion.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As Dazed said, this team must establish an identity! Guy's the injury bug has bit the Chiefs hard, losing Graham and Long will limit what the Chiefs will be able to accomplish! In order for the Chiefs to pull off a miracle Friday night, the defense must keep Jackson in front of them and HIT, WRAP and TACKLE! On the offense side, the Chiefs must play an error free game and establish a cohesive approach to a simple game plan! Back to basics!

As Much as it pains the old moon, the final score will be:

Jackson 30
Logan 10

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

with that score you are putting Jackson with Lancaster,Pick North and Burg and even with out the two big guys--it just isn't so.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think the final score will be very close one way or another. I'd be more comfortable predicting a Logan win if the game was in Chieftain Stadium. Biggest concern for me is turnovers. Logan shouldn't try to overreach; play a good solid game, including special teams and don't turn the ball over. Kind of like Tressel ball! :-D

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Logan

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

logan should get back on track

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Just a little less than 24 hours until kickoff. Can't wait for this thing to get started!

It doesn't get much better than Jackson vs. Logan, at least not for me. This is one of the games on Jackson's schedule that I always look forward to each season. Two of the SEOAL's best programs historically going head-to-head with league title and playoff hopes on the line. Both teams are pointing to this game as a MUST win, and it certainly is, in my opinion, even though it is only Week 4.

For Jackson to win this game they must take care of the football. There is very little room for error, especially when you're playing the Chieftains. The Ironmen haven't turned the ball over since the three costly mistakes at Wellston, so that trend needs to continue. I look for Jackson to try to establish the run game early and often with Arthur and Ervin. Both guys haven't had to carry the ball that much early in the season, but I think they'll see an increased workload tomorrow night. Once the running game is established, that makes Winchester and McNelly even more dangerous in the passing game. Kip and Ty have connected through the air a lot in the first three weeks, and they'll need to make some big plays at key moments in tomorrow night's game. Finally, the big boys up front MUST play well. They need to be aggressive and play with more fire and intensity than they ever have before. Jackson football is about winning the battle at the line of scrimmage...DOMINATE up front!!!

All the offensive talk doesn't mean anything, though, without a solid defensive performance. Logan is going to have speed that Jackson hasn't seen during their defensive successes the last couple weeks. Wellston hurt the Ironmen with athletes like Prater and Osborne...that can't happen against Logan's athletes. Jackson needs to play smart on the defensive side of the ball, fly around, and HIT. Create some turnovers and give the offense some opportunities. Special teams will also be a HUGE key to the game. Jackson can't be allowing big kick returns as they have the first three weeks.

It's going to take a great effort in all phases of the game for the Ironmen to come out on top. Logan hasn't won 34 straight SEOAL games and 6 straight league titles for no reason. I don't care if they're 0-3, they're still a very good football team, and they're still the champion. To be the man, you have to beat the man. Logan is coming into Alumni Stadium, they're bringing a big crowd, and they're bringing players from throughout the streak to stand on the sidelines with them. It's up to the Ironmen to defend their home turf and take the all-important first step toward an SEOAL championship. Let's hope that the Jackson community gets behind their team and has Alumni Stadium absolutely rocking tomorrow night. Tomorrow night is what Ohio high school football is all about!

GO IRONMEN - BEAT LOGAN!!!!!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I have a feeling Jackson is going to win. It will be a close game either way.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Goodluck to the Ironmen tonight. I have my Jackson Ironmen Football shirt on supporting it at work today. Hope to see some Jackson folks representing the Oaks shirts tomorrow night!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Logan 21 Jackson 07......that is if the new coach will coach the kids playing this year.... :shock: and NOT last years....... :shock: :-D :!:

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

bird: that maybe the dumbest post I have read. Why, is he bringing back the seniors from last year to try to play???

Niners_Faithful
Waterboy

Post by Niners_Faithful »

Hope to see the Ironmen win this one but it will be tough task. No matter what Logan's record is or how bad they have gotten beat they will show up ready to play, and continue their streak of SEOAL dominance. Seems like both teams have struggled a bit to find an identity. Should learn a lot more about both teams in this contest. Should be a good one.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

oby1conoby wrote:bird: that maybe the dumbest post I have read. Why, is he bringing back the seniors from last year to try to play???

OR it could mean that we dont have the personell to run the offense that they are running and need to play with the kids they have NOT the kids they wish they had. I completly agree.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Ah! Ok that makes more cense

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

That's what the last several posts in this thread have been saying-figure out who you are based on the talents you have and maximize your game plan to that potential. Don't just do what we did the last two years because we don't have the personnel to do that style right now. But Logan is still a talented football team; it just needs to adjust the game plan accordingly.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I can't make it to the game tonight- still laid up with a sore knee. I'll be listening and pulling for the Chiefs. Go Logan!

Ontheriver
Freshman Team

Post by Ontheriver »

oby1conoby wrote:bird: that maybe the dumbest post I have read. Why, is he bringing back the seniors from last year to try to play???

The coach tried but half of them failed the drug test and the other half were declared academically ineligable. :122246

Go OAKS

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Ontheriver wrote:

The coach tried but half of them failed the drug test and the other half were declared academically ineligable. :122246

Go OAKS
Nice cheap shot! No, the real reason is that about eight of them are playing college ball this fall. 8)

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Read where the former Logan football players are not allowed on the sideline now,OHSAA rules I guess.I hope Logan brings a good crowd but this is fair week so it might be sparse,I agree with Bird also got to adapt to the players you got,I knew when that class last year graduated they could n't keep throwing it around like that,very few QB's come around that can do that and they also had three very athletic recievers to get down field and break tackles,this years team looks like more of a run first to set up the pass mentality,but thats why Wolfe is getting paid the big bucks to make decisions like that and take the heat from people like us.The linemen are going to be pretty big in the coming years, need to use that strength and get back in power formations again.
Last edited by C-Bolt on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”