Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

BigTime
JV Team

Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

Post by BigTime »

Trojans need a big win what's everyone thoughts

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Week 4: Portsmouth (1-2) vs Warren (3-0) (SEOAL)

Post by trojandave »

After 3 games, I see a couple of things that the Trojans must improve on.......cutting down penalties(especially in the red zone) and getting more stops on defense........if we can do these things, we will have a good chance to win games.......and with the schedule we have in front of us, the computer points are there for the taking.......to beat Warren, it will take a good peformance and nothing less.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This should be a good game. May the football gods be with Warren.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

The difference in last years game was Warren struggled with the Trojans speed. The Trojans will score plenty, the question is will the Defense be able to stop a very good Warren offense.

P.S. DON'T DANCE ON THE TROJAN HEAD!

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Where is this game at? Yes this will be a very good game. Two very effective offenses against and two struggling defenses. Both teams are going to score plenty its a matter of which teams defense steps up in a bigger way. Warrens defense has showed some life at times but has the tendency to give up big plays. Half of athens scores last night were on kick returns and turnovers. Got to play error free ball to knock off portsmouth.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Warren will come to Portsmouth again this year.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

How the heck did that happen? Ha.. darn probably going to miss the game in that circumstance

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

Portsmouth's D hasn't looked good for 2 weeks now and it's a big problem. All the pressure is on the offense to score 40 a game to win. Their capable of putting 40 up on a lot of defenses but to have to do that every week to win is hard to do. Warren sounds like they have a very good offense also and a substandard defense. Which ever D steps up will win this game like last year this Warren team comes into conference play undefeated. They have played a very weak non conference schedule while the Trojans have played a murderous non conference schedule. Should be fun to watch what happens this week with the Trojans. And I agree with Bigtime don't dance on the Trojans head. For those that don't know what it means. Last year Warren came in 6-0 and before the game waited until the Trojans came out of the locker room. Then proceed to come out go to mid field and celebrate on the Trojan head at mid field. It was very disrespectful to the boys and they took care of business. We'll see if the new coach at Warren allows that to happen again.

Non Confernce Game for both;

PORTSMOUTH;

Wilmington 2-1
West 3-0
Burg 1-2

TOTAL 6-3
WARREN;

Belpre 0-3
Morgan 0-3
Athens 0-3

TOTAL 0-9

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

After the game there will be no question who the top quarterback in the S.E.O.A.L. is........Dylan Leffingnwell.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

is this the same Q B from last year?

I have been reading some of his stats, looks pretty good.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Warren 31
portsmouth 27
Last edited by Sportsfanallnitelong on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Trojan are you serious? You are going to start running your mouth already unprovoked? The boys purposely danced on your precious Trojan head seriously?? haha.. Dude get a life. I hope Warren runs all over you guys after a statement like that. We will see who the top quarterback in the SEOAL is, you guys blew your team up so hard in the preseason what happened?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

so.............is this the same Q B as last year or not?

thanks.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

hardrock21 and sportsfan;

Relax; weather you take it as disrespect or not all trojanofthepast was saying the boys on last years team did take it that way. Then they handled their business on the field. This years is a new year and as I said before both teams have very good athletes on offense. But, both defenses haven't shown anything yet. As far as which QB is the best in the league is really silly at this point. We would not trade our QB for anyone is this league PERIOD. Sounds like you have a very good team and a fine QB. But don't start jawing about yours is better so on and so forth. Last I checked both teams have 11 players on offense and 11 on defense don't forget it's a team game. You have a fine program and some very good kids in that program as does the Trojans. Good luck to both teams this season and just hope for an injury free game. By the way basketball has nothing to do with this game, none of the kids on this football team played basketball against Warren 2 years ago(that's right not 1). So please save that for the basketball forum. And, sportfan and hardrock; I don't think you guys would have a hard time finding trojanofthepast on Friday I'm sure he would be glad to invite you over. Maybe you 3 could grill out together and do a line dance just not on the trojan head (LOL).

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Dylan Leffingwell is a new varsity starter for the Warriors, having quarterbacked the JV team last year until a midseason knee injury...he has been spectacular most of the way so far in Coach Schob's offense...certainly helps to have all the weapons that he does, though.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Dylan Leffingwell was not last seasons starting QB, I was not at the game and don't know if he played. He is putting up good numbers and if given time will pick a defense apart using many athletic receivers.

As far as the dancing on the Trojan head...my daughters boyfriend was one of the leaders on last years team and didn't realize that they were on top of the Trojan head. I am assuming it is located at midfield?? That is where last years team met before the games so I honestly don't think they meant any disrespect.

Hope for a clean, injury free, well officiated game.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

biggdowgg wrote:so.............is this the same Q B as last year or not?

thanks.
No

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't Warren have alot of turnovers last year?

They won't this time

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Yes, I believe 7 of them. 5 or 6 picks and a fumble or two. I know two of the picks were in the red zone early in the game. After that, we couldn't contain the quick QB.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This should be without doubt a more competitive game than last year, Portsmouth will be by far the most talented, most athletic team Warren has faced this season.

Return to “Football”