Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Can hey

Total votes: 0

Badboy
Varsity

Re: Is Portsmouth West the real deal?

Post by Badboy »

siderman wrote:
Badboy wrote: Like last year? When all-star was getting popped 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage? Doesnt West have another cupcake to worry about this week before Big Bad Minford next week?

Minford is W-A-Y faster than West.
you will see soon enough.
DE-JA-VU!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton is not slow this year just ask Ashland and Gallia speed teams.
Ironton is big and quick up front and speedy iiiin the secondary.
West Irontonton would start as a good game but unless West could mix it up greatly they would be in trouble Ironton is far from slow this year.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

would be a good game if it happend......thats all I'm gonna say

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

West fans may talk it but cmon, they want no parts of Ironton!

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i hope they meet in the playoffs. would be great i think ironton would win but would love to see it.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

IRONFALCON wrote:I think outscoring opponents 228-40 is the definition of real deal. They average just over 45 points a game and are giving up only 8 points a game. I realize their opponents are only 4-21, but when you're winning by that margin you're a very good team.

Iron, if Minford was still going for 2 in the fourth quarter maybe they could put up some points like those Wild West Siders!! hahahaa ridiculous

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford could have hung 80 pts on several teams if they wanted to.

IMO, the first half and most of the 3rd quarter is open season. Good time to practice a few things in game situations that you can't simulate in practice itself.

But after that.....just classless IMO.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I watched them a couple of weeks ago and say heck yes they are for real!! Might be the best team I have seen this year. Would absolutely love to see a West-Ironton game in the playoffs!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

With all the crying about the Rock Hill game I guess we should have forfited the fourth quarter or put the cheerleaders in or the jr high maybe I Dont know.What I do know is the jv scored and did go for 2 they also took another drive down to inside the 10 and took a knee 3 times we had 12 different kids carried the ball in that game what else could we have done told them young kids not to play hard that is ridiculous.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Badboy wrote:
siderman wrote:I would love to see West and Ironton meet. That probably puts us in a regional final.

I think we match up very well. To say Ironton is bigger is true. West is good sized, but not huge. They are however extremely strong and can hold up at the point of attack. They also have excellent depth, so they won't get wore down up front.

They have excellent team speed. Our defense is really fast. The only time I've saw Ironton was against Burg. Wilks is fast, but as a whole Ironton is slow compared to West.

We will see how good West is next week at Minford. My guess is it won't be pretty for the home team. If they are small as some say and the pictures I've seen, West will run at will on them. You cannot compare this team to last year. We have a passing game, excellent speed, and our line is awsome. We will dominate Minford in the trenches.
Like last year? When all-star was getting popped 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage? Doesnt West have another cupcake to worry about this week before Big Bad Minford next week?

Minford is W-A-Y faster than West.
Keep thinking just like last year you load the box a bring everyone this year and it will be a long night for you. Levi will pick you apart just ask Ptown they thought the same thing and it did not take them long to change there mind,as for speed Minford probably is a little faster as for way there is no way. Good luck to the Falcons this week see you in 15 days.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

These Minford fans will see how good West is in about 8 days, when they go home with their wings between their legs. Those mean ole West Siders.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

luvbigcats wrote:Keep thinking just like last year you load the box a bring everyone this year and it will be a long night for you. Levi will pick you apart just ask Ptown they thought the same thing and it did not take them long to change there mind,as for speed Minford probably is a little faster as for way there is no way. Good luck to the Falcons this week see you in 15 days.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.
this is exactly right. West took the first drive right down the field to about the 10 before penalties stalled us out. After that, Minford loaded the box with 10 and 11 all night (their corners were in like stacked Linebackers). They stunted and a bunch of sophomores didn't pick it up. Try that this year. West will dominate Minford in the trenches.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

We will see!

And yeah, the game is 8 days away.....dont want you to miss it!

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Will it be televised on ESPN? Just wondering.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

It should be, this will be a great game, I just like firing up some of the siders. This will be as good a game as you'll see in the playoffs or anywhere else for that matter, the talent the speed, high profile recruit, two good head coaches. I would rather watch this than any Friday night college game.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

As of today they are. However, some including myself say their schedule is very suspect. Will they still be undefeated at the end of the regular season? Time will tell.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If Minford loses this game like they did against Burg, it won't really show if West is for real or not as much as it will show that Minford is not a legitimate threat in Region 19. If they get embarrased here, they might limp into the playoffs, but it will be one and done.

Old Tom Morris
Freshman Team

Post by Old Tom Morris »

Coach Triplett has those boys playin' well so far this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I guess we'll have to wait until they actually play someone.

The teams they have played so far have a combined record of 4-26 as of last Friday. They haven't really been tested yet.

Burg's opponents have a combined record of 17-13.

Strength of schedule usually will expose a team.

earp
S

Post by earp »

We will find out now,They are getting into the meat of schedule now SOC II is really good!

Return to “Football”