Week 5 - Warren (3-1, 0-1) @ Jackson (3-1, 1-0)

Who wins the Apple Bowl?

Total votes: 0

boilermaker
SE

Re: Week 5 - Warren (3-1, 0-1) @ Jackson (3-1, 1-0)

Post by boilermaker »

Winning the SEOAL is a big deal ! Good Luck Ironmen.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Clay arthur for president???

Ironmannut07
Varsity

How many rushing yards did clay Arthur from Jackson have?

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Trying to find out how many total yard clay Arthur had

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironmannut07 wrote:Clay arthur for president???
Klay has been absolutely amazing so far this season.

645 yards rushing on only 65 carries...that's nearly 10 yards per carry.

10 rushing TDs and 2 TD receptions.

He's going to be a big asset for the Ironmen down the stretch.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ironmannut07,

I figured I might as well answer your question from the topic you started on here. That's why I merged the two topics.

Unofficially, Klay had 13 rushes for 179 yards and 3 TDs last night. I heard those stats on the radio post-game show.

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

I did not see this coming. So I guess I don't understand how Warren went 7-3 last year, have the same talent pretty much come back, and have 2 straight poor performances like this. Is it maybe the defense??? Regardless, Warren needs to take a look at some tape and get some things straightened out for sure. Hopefully we get out of this little rut and win next week against Pburg South......

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I am no longer close to the situation, but I can tell you one simple reason that Warren went 7-3 last year (aside from the fact that they didn't play Jackson or Gallia, two games sure to be tough this year).

There was senior leadership on last year's team. This year's seniors are more athletic, bigger, maybe more talented, but aren't the leaders last year's were. And others on the team are doing all they can to help fill that void, but it starts at the top. This team looked dysfunctional on the field until sheer numbers won out in the 3 games I watched this year, and those were the 3 wins. Just one man's take.

In addition, Warren's breaking in a new offense...I don't think ANYONE should be calling for ANYONE's head if Warren doesn't match last year's record...greener pastures do lie ahead.

allsportsfan2
Waterboy

Post by allsportsfan2 »

Well for Warren Football, you definetily dont look like the same team I came to watch at home & @ Athens. I have been away from watching Warren football for several years, and was really excited to get back into following you guys after last years turn around season. I am starting to wonder what the coaches are thinking, some of your plays are just not working, and some things that where working beautifully you have changed. For one where is Henthorn in the kick-off, he was doing a great job not sure why he lost that job. That young man can boot the ball and maybe in tough times we could use him to kick a field goal, you know its points on the board. Sorry to see he was hurt last night, hopefully things recover fast with him you definitley need him on offense. Your Quarterback, Leffingwell is another one doing a great job, especially since he only a sophomore. Also what happened to running ball you have several young men who you can get you yards. So if any of you coaches are reading this you may want to change back to some of those things you were doing in the first 4 games cause you guys looked great and was a joy to watch.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Warren is no where near as good as last year. First we lost the running game where we have no choice but to throw the ball cause we don't have the speed or what i have seen well enough running plays. Also we lost so much on defense no longer got two senior corner backs that did a great job last year and had a lot of speed. Which this year warren doesn't seem to know how to tackle the ball carrier And don't got the speed to keep up with him. Also maybe the coaches will start to thing that this offense isn't working out for the Warriors and might want to switch it.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

The kids knew nothing but the Wing T until this year. Changing the scheme takes a learning curve. I'm not saying I agree with the change, but when you change coaches you usually change offenses and defenses. This is the only high school team I have ever seen that had its offense ahead of its defense in the beginning. Now, they are both behind.

As far as the kick off person. The new kid (Daughety) has kicked the ball to the goal line and in the end zone. Henthorne never kicked the ball that deep. Although, Henthorne could be a better tackler than the new kid.

walley777
Waterboy

Post by walley777 »

Big bluewarrior...I missed the last two games but in the first 3 there was a kid playing corner who did an excellent job. I don't remember his number. Did they switch him out of that position?

warriorfan 740
Waterboy

Post by warriorfan 740 »

Chas Miller #4 has been staring corner all year. andrew vincent was the other #3. but he is out. so now it is hastie and ward rotating there

Return to “Football”