Waterboy

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by CoolPiketonDude »

West by as many as they want.

M46
Riding the Bench

Post by M46 »

Minford is done. I say west gives a little payback from last year and will score up the game. Minford can dish out the trash talk but I see nobody else is aloud. Im going to smile after this game just like I did friday.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

west still hasnt proven to me they are really good because of their schedule. are they tough? yes. can they win a game when their backs are against the wall? i dont know. if minford can keep it close they will pull out a victory in the last 2:00 min of the game with either a field goal or a two point play.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

eddie wrote:west still hasnt proven to me they are really good because of their schedule. are they tough? yes. can they win a game when their backs are against the wall? i dont know.
I agree with these comments. Minford has something to prove after getting smacked around and West has not been tested. We will see if West is for real and if Minford can recover and put week 6 behind them. I think West's weak schedule will come back to haunt them...

Minford 24
West 13

buckeye21
JV Team

Re: Week 7 West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by buckeye21 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Oak Hill's line is one of the best around. We dominated them. That is the EFFORT they have to put up to stay in the ballgame Friday vs West. If not, it will get ugly. No doubt West is better than Burg, especially up front.
It seems kind of funny how the Oak Hill line dominated Burg then Minford beat up on Oak Hill's line then Burg completely destroys Minford's line. After the beatdown that Burg put on Minford I am now firmly convinced that most of the Oak Hill players mindsets were completely off of the game at Minford. When your schools career leading passer gets hurt and is unable to play in a huge game then it will more than likely have a significant effect on the rest of the teams mindset. Then you take into consideration that arguably Oak Hill's best all-around player, Joey Maynard, gets hurt on the first offensive possession. That injury to Joey was the final nail in the coffin for Oak Hill's chance to win against Minford. Not because Oak Hill didn't have the players to compete with Minford but again because it shattered most of the Oak Hill players mindsets.

I'm really not trying to take anything at all away from Minford because I still feel they are a very good team but it is obvious after the Burg/Minford game that had Oak Hill been 100% then the Oak Hill/Minford game would have resulted in a different outcome. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool! By the way, ask the Burg fans if they think it would have made a difference if #10 and #2 were out when they played the Oaks.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

buckeye21 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote: Oak Hill's line is one of the best around. We dominated them. That is the EFFORT they have to put up to stay in the ballgame Friday vs West. If not, it will get ugly. No doubt West is better than Burg, especially up front.
It seems kind of funny how the Oak Hill line dominated Burg then Minford beat up on Oak Hill's line then Burg completely destroys Minford's line. After the beatdown that Burg put on Minford I am now firmly convinced that most of the Oak Hill players mindsets were completely off of the game at Minford. When your schools career leading passer gets hurt and is unable to play in a huge game then it will more than likely have a significant effect on the rest of the teams mindset. Then you take into consideration that arguably Oak Hill's best all-around player, Joey Maynard, gets hurt on the first offensive possession. That injury to Joey was the final nail in the coffin for Oak Hill's chance to win against Minford. Not because Oak Hill didn't have the players to compete with Minford but again because it shattered most of the Oak Hill players mindsets.

I'm really not trying to take anything at all away from Minford because I still feel they are a very good team but it is obvious after the Burg/Minford game that had Oak Hill been 100% then the Oak Hill/Minford game would have resulted in a different outcome. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool! By the way, ask the Burg fans if they think it would have made a difference if #10 and #2 were out when they played the Oaks.
Games are won up front, Minford clearly dominated up front against the Oaks. Completely different team and mindset showed up at Burg. They really got manhandled up front during that game.

We wont know how much of an impact Slone would have made for Oak Hill. I am sure he would have made a difference, but how much nobody can say for sure because Minford was blowing through Oak Hill's line all night.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
buckeye21 wrote:

Games are won up front, Minford clearly dominated up front against the Oaks. Completely different team and mindset showed up at Burg. They really got manhandled up front during that game.

We wont know how much of an impact Slone would have made for Oak Hill. I am sure he would have made a difference, but how much nobody can say for sure because Minford was blowing through Oak Hill's line all night.
........And as I was saying Oak Hill's mindset was completely different from when they played Burg to when they played Minford. There is no doubt in my mind that the Oak Hill line would have played better knowing that they had #10 and #2 suited up with them because their mindsets and outlook on the game would have been much better. And all you keep saying is Slone but you fail to mention Maynard, who in my opinion is the Oaks best all-around player. Maynard does pretty much anything and everything that is asked of him for the Oaks.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Anyways.... Good luck to Minford the rest of the season and they will surely need it this week with West coming to town!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

50% was the mental aspect. the other 50% was being one dimentional. i watched for the first time on film oakhill v. minford sunday. i think that slone being out was tough but when joey went down---wow--- that is what turn the lights out for the oaks and the light on for the falcons. slone gone -----hurt the oaks offensively but joey being out hurt both offensively and defensively. he is a very physical player that plays good defense on the other side of hale and the other RB.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I'm pretty sure it was a two year deal. Oaks play @ Burg next year.

Anyways back to West/Minford.....

I think West wins 28-14.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford played uninspired, no emotion and looked defeated before the 2nd quarter even began against the burg. For whatever reason, they didn't live up to the standards that most Minford fans thought they had in place and these type of games were put in the past.

West comes to town and regardless of their weak sch, Minford better fix what went wrong or it could get worse. I look for Minford to use the burg game as a "wake up call."

They will be jacked and loaded because they know how embarrassing the burg game was.
Go Falcons!

Minford - 28
West - 21

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wouldn't a defense look alot better against a 1 dimensional team than a diverse offense? Isn't that sort of common sense?

I have never watched Oak Hill play but the Slone kid is obviously very good. Don't you think Wheelersburg's defense would have to play alot more conservative against them with Slone back there to pass versus the second string QB that played against Minford. If you don't respect the other teams passing game or ability to get the ball outside, of course a defense is going to look alot better.

This was the same last year at West. We were young and didn't throw the ball well at all. Minford sold out to stop the inside run and it worked. It's different this year.

squinks
Waterboy

Post by squinks »

west by as many as they want....

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Still not accepting the fact that Slone and Maynard played a big part in beating Burg or that they would have made a difference vs. Minford huh?

Back on topic........... How will your Minford Falcons be able to stop Pendleton and Co. after getting bombarded by da Burg?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

buckeye21 --i agree with u

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

let's talk strategy. not who is going to just win or lose

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

west/minford's O- pos. and neg. of both and what plays may work---special teams

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford regroups in a big way. Falcons by 17

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

Minford had success against Oak Hill running to the outside because that is the strength of their O-Line, then in the Burg game they decided to try to run everything between the tackles and found NO success! So what strategy will they employ this week?

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

Jock_Itch wrote:Buckeye21 would it make you feel better if Minford put a little asterik by the Oak Hill game on their schedule that says Slone didnt play and Maynard got hurt? You lost in a tough game..move on and focus on the rest of the season...this is a Minford and West thread so try to talk about that game if you are going to post on it
No, actually it would not make me feel better because that would not be fair to Minford. They won fair and square!

And you're completely right....lets talk about the West/Minford game....

I see West winning 28-14.

I do believe that Minford will recover to finish 8-2 and host a playoff game.

Return to “Football”