SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Portsmouth98 »

southernpride wrote:Apparently, Both teams forgot to bring defenses. 18-14 west in the 2nd quarter. Why is west chasing points this early by going for the 2 point conversions?
I don't think they have a kicker.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

updates ?

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

18-14 West, 4th quarter

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

my kid was texted, now 21-18 Minford . WOW MD

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

24-21 West with 5 min left.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Someone said Pendleton is hurt, can anyone confirm?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Minford misses game tying FG, West wins 24 - 21

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

whole bunch closer than most figured. now down to burg,valley and west for the title.

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Post by southernpride »

The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

WOW, what a game. Minford played an outstanding game and came up just short. West is a very good team. I said last week we would find out if the team would shut it down or bounce back, and they bounced back big time. No one gave this team a chance and they hung in there with an oppurtunity to win at the end of the game and that's all you can really ask for. A few bounces here or there and we're on hear talking about the biggest upset since the fall of the Roman Empire. We got to watch a fine group of seniors grow up tonight, they took over the team and played their hearts out. I don't beleive in moral victories but I am very proud of this team and their heart tonight, many thought they would quit after last week but they did not. Minford is capable of winning out, the Valley game will be very tough. If this team plays like they did tonight they are not done, as some said, not by a long shot. The Falcons will just have to move on and learn and get ready to play again, tough to do after a game like this but if anyone can it's this team. Hats off to Coach Daniel and all the assistants for putting together a gameplan to put this team in a position to win.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

What happen to pendleton?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

southernohiofan wrote:What happen to pendleton?
I believe the coach said he had a hip injury, but the way he rambled on, it was hard to say what he meant....

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

typical wheelersburg idiot

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

4th n Goal wrote:
southernpride wrote:The coach from West is really cracking me up. "We had total control of this game from the opening kickoff". How can you have total control of a 24-21 game? Not a falcon fan, but if that is his idea of total control, I must not know what total control means.
He sounded like an idiot on the radio. First he says that he has 5 great backs and it doesn't matter who carries it, then he says that his 2 best backs were hurt and that's why it was so close. Then he says that Minford wasn't that good and they just got a couple lucky passes. Not his exact words, but pretty close. Ever heard of respecting the team that you barely beat???
They were celebrating after the game like they just curb stomped the Patriots. I mean congrats to them they are a fine team, but not what some think they are. After seeing them and wheelersburg, IMO wheelersburg is the better team. Minford lost to both so it's not like I'm being sour about anything, just honest. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, don't hold your breath for the west side to be classy because you will suffocate. West fans can get on here and trash me or Minford fans all they want I really don't care. Perception is 9 tenths reality my friends.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

4th n Goal wrote:
Doesnt surprise me. Sooner or later, it was bound to rub off on him.

It was a good game, Minford just came up short. I just dont know why Minford didnt run the QB waggle and sweeps to #3 more in the second half vs trying to run up the gut. It seemed like it was there all night. #5 at Qb was picking up great yards on every rush.

Besides a few blown coverages against the pass, Minford's defense stepped up and put licks on the West players all night. Awesome job coming out with a chip on their shoulders and playing a great football game. They played with alot of heart tonight.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way. I now see Burg dominating West and Valley and winning the gold football. I dont see anyone playing with them the rest of regular season.

BTW, I think Shank is the best RB in the area bar none.....and I dont think that West will come close to stopping him. I see Burg winning the conference and making it in the playoff picture. I know the Minford kids would love to have another shot at them.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

southernohiofan wrote:What happen to pendleton?
They hit him hard all night and shut him down for the most part. Very reminiscent to last year.

#45 stepped up and made some big plays for West when they needed them.

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

people a win is a win :122246

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

typical wheelersburg idiot
As compared to you typical West Side idiot. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

Tonight each team proved something to the fans and everyone else.
Minford proved that they can play football that all this over rated talk was fake

West proved that it isn't just Trevon Pendleton and that they can step up in big situations

good game. can't say anything more really to be honest. My falcons came up short and thats where that one is done. Good game though by #2 brett taylor. Did amazing and he knows his buddy lookin down on him would be proud.

Return to “Football”