SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Winner?

Total votes: 0

West_Sider
Freshman Team

SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by West_Sider »

Time to turn the on Minford, take the victory, and move on . West needs to clean up the mistakes in the red zone and fine tune the passing game. Valley will be athletic and discipline and will present a great challenge. I like West at "The Rock" though. Lots of computer points to be had by the victor.

coop
SEOPS

Re: Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by coop »

Valley has a lot of speed, and a VERY athletic backfield...no one is going to give Valley much of a chance, which is ok. Valley returns a KEY player this week, and thats huge. There has been a lot of talk about Valley hasnt played a good, hard running team, but most forget about the 6-1 Coal Grove Hornets, Valley shut them down. I know West is a better team, but Valley has seen speed and skill this year. I think the CG running back is a 10.9 100 meter guy.

I look for a hard fought game, with the Indians pulling the "upset"

27-20

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This will be a great game as much as i'd love to see valley win IMHO i don't see it happening. I think the west speed will be to much. West by 14

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Chicken,

I'm not lying here. I give them more than a chance. I'd say based on the scores of games and the way valley took care of business this year (and West's close call at Minfor) I would suggest that this game would be a pick'em on a neutral field. I think Valley is very quick and athletic. However, at "The Rock" I give West a 7 point advantage.

Nothin but respect for what Lucasville has done this year. Basically, matched West's scores against like opponets.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley has a lot of speed, and a VERY athletic backfield...no one is going to give Valley much of a chance, which is ok. Valley returns a KEY player this week, and thats huge. There has been a lot of talk about Valley hasnt played a good, hard running team, but most forget about the 6-1 Coal Grove Hornets, Valley shut them down. I know West is a better team, but Valley has seen speed and skill this year. I think the CG running back is a 10.9 100 meter guy.

I look for a hard fought game, with the Indians pulling the "upset"

27-20

Thats where your wrong COOP ...... I'll Take Valley by 10 ........

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Mad_Dogg wrote:This will be a great game as much as i'd love to see valley win IMHO i don't see it happening. I think the west speed will be to much. West by 14

You could be right, no doubt....however this is one of the fastest "overall" Valley teams I've seen, if West wins it, it will be with the big hogs up front. Of course, IMO.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

I've seen West QB's going as far back as Mike Tipton (1985) this kid has the ability to be a real star at West. Good footwork, smooth release, and and can really spin it. I'm not callin him Brian Howell but he throws the ball as good as any since Howell was at West. No doubt we can run the ball. But, I believe we need to let this kid throw it around 12-15 times a game that will loosen up an 8 and 9 man...sometimes a 10 man box. You'll be impressed with him.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Yours truly will be there in person to see just how good both these teams are. After hearing about West just squeaking by Minford, I'm not sold on them as a regional title contender. Valley is still an enigma to me, but I know they are a very talented team. If they beat West convincingly, I'll be sold on them.

footballdoc
Waterboy

Post by footballdoc »

After watching west tonight, ill say valley will score as much as they want to. it doesn't matter if they are at the rock, or on a rock. valley will win by alot! remember that RAVEN ROCK was used by the Indians a very long time ago, and they will use it again on friday. Valley will put up a half hundred on west.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley must have a good offense, but West has a great defense. Also, West get's the ball too. And stopping West is gonna be a real problem. We aren't Coal Grove.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

West DB'swill get tested. I think west comes away with the win but it wont be as wide open as some think.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West runs the 5-2. Both D ends are fast as are the D-line. They will get pressure on the QB. If we stop the run and make them 1 dimensional pass only, it is over.

Also both d ends are former defensive backs. If we need to they can be dropped into coverage and we'll bring the linebackers for pressure. Our pass defense is very good. Not worried about the defense in the least.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

siderman wrote:West runs the 5-2. Both D ends are fast as are the D-line. They will get pressure on the QB. If we stop the run and make them 1 dimensional pass only, it is over.

Also both d ends are former defensive backs. If we need to they can be dropped into coverage and we'll bring the linebackers for pressure. Our pass defense is very good. Not worried about the defense in the least.
Pressure on Yates could serve as a key for sure...but not necessarily just in West's favor. You have to keep in mind that he could potentially be the best overall athlete on the field. Pendleton is clearly the best prospect on the field, but Yates is possibly even more dangerous with his feet than he is with his arm. That arm just so happens to lead the area in passing yards and completions (over 1,000 yards already with ZERO interceptions through 7 games).

This should be a VERY VERY VERY good game!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Zero interceptions is very impressive.

West has played a couple spread teams in Portsmouth and Fairland who have exceptional athletes at QB in Myers and Fisher. We faired well there.

Key will be the ball control of West. Keep the ball, eat the clock and he can't hurt you.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

This will be an awesome game 2 very talented teams and both bring alot to the table,better get there early cause it will be a packed house people from all over are coming to watch and scout these teams and players. Not picking a winner on this one could go either way !

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

West players will need to step up their game and start playing more physical up front if they want to win this game. I would also say they played their hearts out against Minford with two of their best players on the bench.

acf05
Waterboy

Post by acf05 »

footballdoc wrote:After watching west tonight, ill say valley will score as much as they want to. it doesn't matter if they are at the rock, or on a rock. valley will win by alot! remember that RAVEN ROCK was used by the Indians a very long time ago, and they will use it again on friday. Valley will put up a half hundred on west.
This is the same mistake west fans made after burg walked through minford. Don't under estimate home field advantage it is high school football any team can win on any given night.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by preps_fan1980 »

No idea who will win this one. I will be rooting for Valley, but I think West will be too much for them being at home. Good luck to both teams. This should be a good one.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I'm excited to watch this game forsure! Hopefully Pendleton and Locher are 100% come game time because i've yet to see pendleton this year against a good team besides Minford and he did well. I've yet to see Valley either but from friends and family I guess they're the real deal this year. Should be a good game and the final score 35-30. To early to call the winner

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

I would like to see both teams come out and play there A game that way the players can settle it not us poster on here

Return to “Football”