D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Re: D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

[quote="fuzzhead"]Question to Oak Hill fans: after this year will Oak Hill have a drop off back down to normal standards or will they be contenders again next year? I've never heard the whole story as to how they were able to go from awful to being able to contend for a regional title. Someone tell me a story. Is it just a cycle of players or is it the coaches or what?[/quote Both

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

What kind of a fool thinks CG has a chance to win this game. Been 17 years since CG has been to round 2. Game has passed the Lucas's by, they play no one in regular season and it shows in playoffs and shows when 5-5 team bests them and wins their conference. I know you CG peole are avid fans but your just wishing, count the years. You guys are starting to be the new Cleveland!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Oak Hill by as many as they want. CG has played two above average to good teams and lost both.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

footballcrazy wrote:What kind of a fool thinks CG has a chance to win this game. Been 17 years since CG has been to round 2. Game has passed the Lucas's by, they play no one in regular season and it shows in playoffs and shows when 5-5 team bests them and wins their conference. I know you CG peole are avid fans but your just wishing, count the years. You guys are starting to be the new Cleveland!
Whoa, whoa, whoa! It's one think to state your opinion. It's quite another to maliciously attack two people I know personally and lambast them with hateful crap. Lots of people are confused about the situation. You guys seem to think CG i somehow underachieving this year. Sorry but I have to disagree. CG is down from last year talent-wise. Sure, they've got a few nice players, but to try to compare this team to teams of te 80s and early 90s? Please. As for the game passing Hall of Fame Head Coach Dave Lucas by: How? We wanted them to pass more. They passed more. You wanted them to play smarter. They have this year.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

This is the same as a first round bye for the Oaks......2nd string will get some PT in the Playoffs!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Do I agree with or understand everything that goes on during the games? No. But I'm not on the sidelines. I know people have called me a Lucas-hater (nothing more than malicious lies spread by good ol boy idiots) and I know people are going to say that I'm somehow trying to be a suck up, but that's just a lie too. Fact is that Lucas did leave once, with horrid results. Now he's back and the Grove has had winning seasons every year he's been back. People have tried to run out coaches like Lutz at
Ironton, Davis at Peake, and Webb at SV. But if it hadn't been for those coaches, the players and fans would have never had all the success they did. There are things I don't like about how things are run at CG with the football team and I'd be happy to mention them but as it stands it could be worse, much worse.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

no chance for cg....oaks by 21 and jv play last 6 min....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Take it all to heart boys! Come out and shock the area!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Oaks by 2 td's

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I really hope our boys due read this and come out with fire in their eyes on Saturday.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

if they need to read this to have fire in their eyes their already done....

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

fuzzhead wrote:Take it all to heart boys! Come out and shock the area!
That would be AWESOME fuzzhead!!I think it can happen if we come out fired up and can get some early momentum!!Id love to see us use the spread and pass the ball to setup the inside runs for the FB!!It worked on that last drive at the Peake and then we never really ran the spread the rest of the game until we were in 3rd and long sitauations!!I got a friend that works at the track I race at and he works the chains for all the oak games!!He said there best running back is a load to bring down(so hoepfully we can tackle this week and the QB is big and tall and can throw the ball!He also said they have a Lineman a number 56 who is a freaking monster that is a weight lifting champ LOL!!It doesnt look good but we need to stay focused and get some turnovers and hoepfully use Alex's arm more :-D

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

RJ7171C71R wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:Take it all to heart boys! Come out and shock the area!
That would be AWESOME fuzzhead!!I think it can happen if we come out fired up and can get some early momentum!!Id love to see us use the spread and pass the ball to setup the inside runs for the FB!!It worked on that last drive at the Peake and then we never really ran the spread the rest of the game until we were in 3rd and long sitauations!!I got a friend that works at the track I race at and he works the chains for all the oak games!!He said there best running back is a load to bring down(so hoepfully we can tackle this week and the QB is big and tall and can throw the ball!He also said they have a Lineman a number 56 who is a freaking monster that is a weight lifting champ LOL!!It doesnt look good but we need to stay focused and get some turnovers and hoepfully use Alex's arm more :-D
Well, this is very confusing. The last drive CG had was 20 yards after a recovered fumble. And if it was the last drive, how could you possibly use it again? Unless you want to count the very last play, a wobbly floating duck in the air as a drive. Hope you dont get play calling like that again. And as far as Oak hill...they are all freaking monsters. You wont be playing a "lesser" team this week.

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

GO HORNETS GO!!!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

I THINK THEY WILL......DOWN HARD

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Wiil be as much as the Oaks wanna put up by half . Probley rest starters in 2nd half

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

If Coal Grove gets in the right frame of mind this week and forget about last week, the Grove will pull an upset on the Oaks!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

AIN'T GOING TO HAPPENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

footballfanatic1 wrote:AIN'T GOING TO HAPPENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
You never know. I don't think this game will be a blow out.

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

TigerMack wrote:
footballfanatic1 wrote:AIN'T GOING TO HAPPENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
You never know. I don't think this game will be a blow out.
A..u played valley who has nowhere near the offense oak hill has b...u got beat by cheasapeake really come on....if oak hill wanted to they would put up 100 against ur hornets

Return to “Football”