Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Loga

Post by biggdowgg »

I learned a very long time ago "when I started driving", from down here on the river,there is no easy/good roads to anywhere from here 8)

good luck to the Fighting Tigers Football Team...

besides, to get to where you want to be, you will need to drive to Columbus anyway...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

dazed&confused wrote::aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 Tee it up and play the game!!! At least you're still playing! And you really couldn't ask for a nicer facility.
Well they could have gotten Boston Field! ;-) :lol: Just kidding.

Logan has a great facility and I am sure they will do a great job hosting this game.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

TigerTownKid wrote:
Frogtownbuckeye wrote:From Mapquest:
Ironton to Logan 84 miles
Columbus to Logan 49 miles

Ironton to Athens 81 miles
Columbus to Athens 74 miles

Ironton to Jackson 43 miles
Columbus to Jackson 72 miles

There has got to be a better place to play this game. Ironton is the #1 seed and if either team should get the benefit of playing closer to home it should be the Fighting Tigers. How about let's do this in Jackson or Athens?!
These distances can't be right. Logan is AT LEAST a half hour past Athens. Just drove it two days ago.
Maybe not school to school, but according to Mapquest these are the correct distances.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thats where it is, and we'll play it where it lies. we knew this would happen, who cares , lets play fighting tiger football. we won our first state championship, over akron saint vincent saint mary's in akron. what did we expect. lets just play ball.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

pottiemouth wrote:I'm not going to the game, so I could care less where it is. It is, however, totally unfair to Ironton.

What if your Nelsonville-York Buckeyes were the #1 seed and had to play Wheelersburg in Proctorville? Then they had them dress in the girl's lockerroom with the same entrance as Wheelersburg was using? You wouldn't complain? You are kidding yourself!

I want Oak Hill and Ironton to win because they are from the southeast and this site selection is a disadvantage to Ironton!
Go back and check records so Everybody knows the truth.....NY FINISHED 1 in the region and played burgh and ironton in portsmouth.Equal distance Right.#1 seed means NOTHING!!!!

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

i say its an advantage for ironton to play at logan. hell thats 2 weeks in a row at the same field. besides they already beat them once this year but i hope they dont go into this game with that mind set. these are 2 different teams that are playing this week and i dont see an easy game for either 1. ironton better come to play or they might just get there a$$e$ handed to them. Better go into this game like they owe hartley something.

JUST SAYIN>>>>>>>>>>>

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Post by itown keg 77 »

NY BUCKS wrote: Go back and check records so Everybody knows the truth.....NY FINISHED 1 in the region and played burgh and ironton in portsmouth.Equal distance Right.#1 seed means NOTHING!!!!
I did and Ironton did play NY in playoffs at Portsmouth in 92 but Ironton was # 1 and NY was #3. #1 seed means nothing but it should!

71tigeralum
Waterboy

Post by 71tigeralum »

tigerfan83 wrote:TIME TO TRAVEL TO LOGAN

HARTLEY 53 MIN

IRONTON 60 MIN PLUS 53

SCREWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS
Screwed?? So what else is new??

Home cooking? We've seen it in spades. Tigers play fair, that's how we were taught.

But:
Field goal missed, throw a flag (remember that state championship taken away??).
Short on 4th down and turn over the ball and loose the State Championship, well spot the ball a yard further and give them another chance.. (yeah that one too vs Perkins)

Seems like the field is always closer to the opponents.

Tigers just gotta overcome another obstacle..

Go Tigers!!

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

99 playoff season alone, we traveled approximately 1500 miles, granted, they were 8th seed, but, that has never meant anything to OHSAA on our behalf. Go get 'em Tigers!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

IronTigerMum wrote:99 playoff season alone, we traveled approximately 1500 miles, granted, they were 8th seed, but, that has never meant anything to OHSAA on our behalf. Go get 'em Tigers!!!
but...was it worth it? 8)

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Wouldn't trade those memories (or miles) for anything dowwgg. :)

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Ironton travels well no matter where they play, and i'm quite sure if they advance as the region 15 champs they would travel to nome alaska, to play in the next round. It's not really the OHSAA that we should be biatching about butthese dang gas companies that show no respect for the working man and their families. Obamanomics are trying to get everyone back in the horse and buggy IMO. :lol: :lol:

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good Luck Tigers........All Southern Ohio will be rooting for you!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I will say one thing Logan has pretty nice facilities. I loved those seats in the reserve section on the home side very nice.

Anyway heck we knew we would get screwed on the distance Im just glad it wasnt lancaster or somewhere.

This should be a very good game. If Ironton comes out and plays physical ball they shoudl win this rematch.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Did I get you lost or into the parking lot cannon?

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

I don't see anything neutral about this supposedly neutral site.

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

Ironton will not need help from OHSAA!..We will travel anywhere anytime anyday.All we need is the IRONTON FIGHTING FIGHTING TIGERS and the winningest COACH IN THE STATE.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

not trying to look ahead but they have announced the state semi pairings...... R13 v R14 R15 v R16 .... The winner of this game has the great fortune of playing either Kettering Alter or Kenton!! :)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who cares , to be the best you gotta beat the best, when all this is said and done. there will be 1 team left standing. irregardless of who it is, we have a 1 in 8 chance it can be ironton. as there are only 8 teams left playing. thats a heckuva lot better odds than the teams not playing. we are turning this topic into a cancer. and the kids read this, how bout we flip the script, and start backing the fighting tigers , and pumping them up. instead of complaining about who has to drive farther. what say you tiger fans, you with me, on this.
LETS GO YOU IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS YOU. GREAT YEAR SO FAR, LET'S KEEP IT ROLLING.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbfever9 wrote:not trying to look ahead but they have announced the state semi pairings...... R13 v R14 R15 v R16 .... The winner of this game has the great fortune of playing either Kettering Alter or Kenton!! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FBFEVER9, firstly, i am not trying to make an example of your post, just using it as a reference. everybody keeps referring to kenton and mauk. and kettering alter for obvious reasons over their past recent success. and the hype is worthy , i'm sure. BUT.

i remember a fighting tiger team in 79 , that was given no chance of beating an enourmous akron saint vincent team, in the state championship game in akron , no less. that had only a couple 200 pounders on the line. and asvsm , looked like a college team size wise. and we trailed 6-0, for a long time. but scored near the end of the game, and bubby fletcher had to kick not only 1 extra point, to sew it up, but 2 . we prevailed.

in 1989, we played a huge campbell memorial team and beat them for our second state title.

we played younstown mooney in a playoff game that nobody , gave us a chance to win, and we beat them.

we played the 5th ranked team in the nation washington D.C. arch bishop carroll high school, and we sent them packing.

the epic battles with cincinatti cape. the destruction , of division 1 lancaster some years back on their homecoming after they had just had an overtime loss, to somebody like moeller.

the point is anybody can beat anybody on a given night. you've seen the movies, and more importantly you've seen the fighting tigers doing it, since the playoffs started in 1972. there have been only a handful of years they have not been there. so they got the stuff to do it. to be this far , is not by mistake, and our brutal schedule is paying dividends now, as we knew it would. it's a matter right now, of ball control, eliminating turnovers, not coming out flat.holding teams when they get the ball first, bending but not breaking. scoring in the redzone. and fundamentals like not taking sacks, sound blocking and tackling, carrying the ball high and tight. not beating yourselves with turnovers. whomever does this will become the division 4 state champion. but we have to win this one first, before whoever we play next is even in the discussion. but we have the history, and we have a fine team to work with. LETS GET R DONE.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”