Hartley vs. Chagrin Falls

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: Hartley vs. Chagrin Falls

Post by IronTigerMum »

sinker wrote:sometimes the best team in the state doesn't win! still think region 16 is the strongest and the 2 best teams in the state were j. alder and kenton, just wasn't in the cards i guess? maty mauk will be back next year and has been the best player in d4 the past 2 years! kenton will make a strong run next year...Paladin, i enjoy your posts...keep them coming! ;-)

You can say this all day long, while Hartley puts the trophy in their case. :122249

IBLEEDORANGENBLACK
Waterboy

Post by IBLEEDORANGENBLACK »

To everyone, I have watched or listened to every playoff game Hartley has played. They pounded the ball at every team they played. The only reason the alter game was close was because of 2nd half turnovers by Hartley. Ironron held Hartley to 26 and 17 points. Their lowest totals of the season. You can say ironton wouldn't have had a chance and we wont know until next year. But from the only team that truely dominated Hartley. And watched the rest of their games...they are the best team in the state.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

sports junkie wrote:Don't want to hear about how tough the Norteast is, if Falls was they best they have, pitiful!!
You people say Paladin bashes kids and programs, what the heck is this statement?? Saying Chagrin is pitiful, doesn't sound to me like he's congratulating them....

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The North won 4 of the 6 games. The geographic NEO won 3 of 6 Finals and had 2 finish as runners up. That sounds pretty tough to me since there are 4 regions.

How did the river do ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Didn't the Falls QB get hurt and miss the second half??? Not making excuses for them, but anytime you loose your starting QB its bound to hurt.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Falls best RB Ceraci missed the game with a broken jaw and the QB was lost the second half. Falls rallied to within 7 the second half , but faded. Both players were two way starters. Having seen the Falls play live several times, that was the worst game I saw them play over the last two years and they made the State finals both years. Happens.

As it is, NEO dominated again in the 6 divisions -- 3 Champs & 2 runner-ups.

Again, how did that riverball work out ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

( I can't help it, some are just natural chumps here, :mrgreen: )

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

their second qb, seemed to move them just as well. and the announcers noted they had 2 great qb's. i watched all the games. and i was rooting for hartley the whole way after they beat the fighting tigers 26-20. they dominated chagrin falls in every aspect of the game. i loved their coach's attitude. he got there by going for it, and was playing like a riverboat gambler. he had the guts of a cat burglar. and i loved watching it. the fake punt, on their own 10. in the first quarter told me, we're bringing it all day. whoever is the best team will win. noah key, will have alot more offers than indiana , after this game. his datebook just got a lot more active. i was actually shocked at how weak chagrin falls actually looked to stop the run. for a team that had been to the finals 2 years in a row. hartley smacked them in the mouth, the same way the fighting tigers did. and i can't wait till next years tilt with them, great game to the columbus bishop hartley hawks. and you proved you were the best in d4. of EVERYBODY IN THE STATE.

now on to my soapbox. i'll say this once , and not ever mention it again. except in this discussion. i took notes of every game that was played. at the beginning of the game, you overheard camera men, saying to pan low on the small crowd. and they did all game. they need to be in the horseshoe. only way we see if attendance approves is to try it and see. and anybody that was at the ironton bishop hartley game at logan, that does not think the celebration call on ironton, was not a direct turning point in that game or not is daffed in the head. our player made a huge stop on like 3rd and 19, while a hartley reciever got left out to dry by his qb. he got flipped, and dropped the ball. our player got up and ran toward the sideline, after a completely clean shot. not knowing the kid from hartley was injured. and simply jumped up and did a fist pump. it is high school football, he just made a huge stop for his team. and was simply happy. with that said. i saw choreographed celebrations in nearly every state championship game. especially in the hartley game by hartley. and the delphos st. john's game by the blue jays , and their patented double fist pump followed by a muscle pose. and hartleys 59, looked like he should have been on the WWE, the whole game. great players yes. called across the board fairly, no way man. this infuriated me watching the games. CALL IT ONE WAY FOR EVERYBODY, OR DO NOT CALL IT AT ALL. YOU CAN CELEBRATE , OR YOU CAN'T. WHATS GOOD FOR ONE TEWAM, PRIVATE OR PUBLIC, HAS TO BE THE SAME FOR EVERY TEAM. THIS IS OHSAA'S AND THE OFFICIAL'S FAULT. NO OTHER WAY ABOUT IT. now with that said. i know officials will jump on this, as well as people saying i'm a sore loser. because the tigers lost. none of that is true. if you ever have had anybody steal something from you, you know how you feel. hollow inside. like why. i've seen this crap from officials against the fighting tigers since 1972. only, and only if you have followed the fighting tigers since the playoffs started would you even have any idea the maltitude of ways we have been shafted. again, this has nothing to do with hartleys. 2010's division 4 state champions. you won the state. and ironton is proud of you. try to think it through before you respond, because if you don't you will surely look stupid. because fighting tiger fans, have been all over this great state playing playoff games since 1972. and we have saw it all. we've probably had more playoff injustices done to us, than any other 3 teams combined. and we have the second most playoff appearences of any team in the state, past or present, so i know what i'm talking about. YTB.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hate me or love me. i do shott straight from the hip, and you know that dor a fact, so let's see where this goes from here.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Paladin_II wrote:Falls best RB Ceraci missed the game with a broken jaw and the QB was lost the second half. Falls rallied to within 7 the second half , but faded. Both players were two way starters. Having seen the Falls play live several times, that was the worst game I saw them play over the last two years and they made the State finals both years. Happens.

As it is, NEO dominated again in the 6 divisions -- 3 Champs & 2 runner-ups.

Again, how did that riverball work out ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

( I can't help it, some are just natural chumps here, :mrgreen: )

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: and you don't have to venture from this post to figure out who the natural CHUMP is LOL.......... ;-)

River Ball beat the D4 State Champions in week 8 by 21 Points and lost to The D4 State Champions by 6 in the Regional Finals, how did the Spread work out for Logan this year????

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I'll say one thing from watching this game. A team from a weak region came in and dominated and one thing is obvious. The champs are from Hartley and beyond that I would rank Alter, Alder, and Ironton. None of which are from neo. Honestly it is hard to tell who would rank 6-10 but by the ease of the win I would say even more teams south of I70. Those four are definitely much much better than anything north has to offer this year. I would only put Ironton that low based on the way they were beaten by Alder earlier in the year but those 4 must be heads and shoulders above the rest.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

No love for Maty Mauk and Kenton? I have to think he'd throw all over Ironton. And before anyone starts, you Tiger fans know I cheer louder than almost everyone when I go to Ironton games.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I heard OHSAA is considering a new rule that will let I-town play all their playoff games at Tank Stadium.. OHSAA has even agreed to let the Tigers bring in those top notch West Va. crews that they often use doing the reg season... And we all know that no one has ever gotten hosed at the Tank... :lol: :lol: :lol:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Trust me - OHSAA will not ever make a ruling that benefits our non-metropolitan SE area.
I do not ever SEE an Ironton Fighting Tigers game - only hear the radio call. But I did watch and did see the State Championship games on TV - and it seemed to me there were many JOY/CELEBRATION body language examples expressed/demonstrated by players of all teams after a good play on either offense or defense that were NEVER penalized as "excessive". I don't get the difference between allowable and penalty-inducing jumps or fist-pumps by players after making a good play!

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

("Bolding" and underlining by me)
caglewis wrote:Trust me - OHSAA will not ever make a ruling that benefits our non-metropolitan SE area.
I do not ever SEE an Ironton Fighting Tigers game - only hear the radio call. But I did watch and did see the State Championship games on TV - and it seemed to me there were many JOY/CELEBRATION body language examples expressed/demonstrated by players of all teams after a good play on either offense or defense that were NEVER penalized as "excessive". I don't get the difference between allowable and penalty-inducing jumps or fist-pumps by players after making a good play!
Absolutely. Including an end zone dance by a Hartley player after he scored a TD, and remarked upon by the TV announcers. But no penalty.

I also saw a play that looked virtually identical to the one for which Ironton was called for intentional grounding in the regional finals. No penalty.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Say what you want about the USC call. We don't know what was said by the kid during the fist pump. That is usually what draws the flag in that situation. Ironton still had every chance to win that game and put the ball on the ground, twice, after the call. I agree with what you said about the finals. They let all that crap go at the finals. Instead of posting here about it, fire an email to Hank Z and let him know how wrong it is.
hzaborniak@ohsaa.org

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

caglewis wrote:Trust me - OHSAA will not ever make a ruling that benefits our non-metropolitan SE area.

Ironton got hosed.....to put it mildly. I was there, as an unbiased spectator, and could not believe how the officials called the game. They looked very uneasy to be doing such a big game.

In a big game between 2 good teams, a blown or intentionally blown call here and there plays a big part in turning the momentum.

Could Ironton have beaten Alter if they got past Hartley? Who knows. But I think they would have hammered Chagrin Falls.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Hartley rushed for 400 yards against Ironton in the playoffs. One call did not decide the game.

It was not an accessive celebration penalty on Ironton. It was unsportsmanlike conduct. It was what he said that got the penalty.

A lack of discipline cost Ironton. Similar to what Wilks did against Alder. If anyone disputes what he did let me know and I will get you a copy of the game. Three punches to the face of the Alder kid as he was on the punt team.

Quit talking about penalties. Talk about team discipline. That is what wins.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

AHM wrote:Hartley rushed for 400 yards against Ironton in the playoffs. One call did not decide the game.

It was not an accessive celebration penalty on Ironton. It was unsportsmanlike conduct. It was what he said that got the penalty.

A lack of discipline cost Ironton. Similar to what Wilks did against Alder. If anyone disputes what he did let me know and I will get you a copy of the game. Three punches to the face of the Alder kid as he was on the punt team.
I've got the video of the Alder / Ironton game also.......I seen the Alder Player hit Wilkes first with a left (which was away from the Official that threw the flag) when Wilkes went to block Him, then I saw Wilkes hit the Alder player with a left (which was on the same side the Official was on that threw the flag) and Wilkes got caught, I didn't see three punches from Wilkes and I played it in Super Slow Motion several times. I got My video from Hightower Productions, where did you get yours? Maybe Their angle was bad where I couldn't see the other two punches but I sure didn't see three punches in this video. I guess the old saying applies here that the one throwing the last punch (in retaliation) gets the Penalty.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

AHM wrote:Hartley rushed for 400 yards against Ironton in the playoffs. One call did not decide the game.

Actually Hartley Rushed 61 times for 337 yards and Ironton rushed 32 times for 232 yards.

What did He say to get the Unsportmanlike Penalty? If you know what He said fill us in, if the Penalty was actually for what He said.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

superblue wrote:I heard OHSAA is considering a new rule that will let I-town play all their playoff games at Tank Stadium.. OHSAA has even agreed to let the Tigers bring in those top notch West Va. crews that they often use doing the reg season... And we all know that no one has ever gotten hosed at the Tank... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bout time they brightened up a little. :122249

Return to “Football”