2011 Warren Warriors

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Re: 2011 Warren Warriors

Post by WHSwarrior »

They also have a pretty good state funding system, unlike Ohio.

But, ultimately, when given the chance to take local control of a school district's future, Washington County declines more often than not.

Who else is returning/joining the staff at Warren Local for the 51st edition of Warrior football?

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Mister B wrote:
edforshey wrote:Philip Barbour is in Romney
Nickname Colts
AA in WV
Enrollment of 588 when WV did their last classifaction in 2008
Records:
2010 3-7
2009 1-9
2008 6-4 made the playoffs as a 15 seed lost to State Champs Grafton in 1st round(41-16)
The WV Big Ten Conference
Not to be argumentive, but Philip Barbour HS is in Philippi, WV, (Barbour County) not Romney. It is 15 miles south of Grafton. If the game is away you will be impressed with their new buildings.

This game is Warrens last home game on the 2011 schedule.
Romney is about 100 miles due east of Philippi in Hampshire County and is home of Hampshire High School.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Was at the football meeting the other night and the numbers look pretty good for all grades so I think things will look up for Andy and the boys in blue this coming season.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Grteat news for the faithful, numbers is just the first step, but a big one.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Has anybody got a rough number out for the team this year yet, I know they had physicals yesterday but haven't heard how the turnout was.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I have heard that Jace knost may play this year. Big kid, but hasn't played in high school. Could make a contribution in specifice situitional situations. Any others.

watchdog
Waterboy

Post by watchdog »

Can’t believe Schob let Coach Farley get away. Might cost you the game week 2!

jbunker
Waterboy

Post by jbunker »

watchdog wrote:Can’t believe Schob let Coach Farley get away. Might cost you the game week 2!
No chance, go Blue.

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

Auburntgrfan wrote:I have heard that Jace knost may play this year. Big kid, but hasn't played in high school. Could make a contribution in specifice situitional situations. Any others.

That's something you'd have to ask Jace or the boys.
He would make a very good contribution to the team.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

warrior2012 wrote:
Auburntgrfan wrote:I have heard that Jace knost may play this year. Big kid, but hasn't played in high school. Could make a contribution in specifice situitional situations. Any others.

That's something you'd have to ask Jace or the boys.
He would make a very good contribution to the team.

Jace is practicing with the team as I have seen him out at the school so no rumor here on this subject.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Glad to hear this. Aggressive kid on the b-ball court, hope he can transfer the rough and rugged to the pointyball game.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren had a good showing at the Ohio State 7 on 7 at Dublin on Saturday....was 4-3 on a sunny and humid day....some stiff competition as many achools had been to several competitions already while this was Warren's first of the summer....did very well considering only 3 days of practice....QB had some great throws and he has a lot of kids to throw to who can catch the ball.....defensively overall looked good, got better as day progressed....been great just to see the pigskin in the air, the boys out there competing....great comraderie amongst the kids this year (and the parents)....very solid coaching staff off to a good start....can't wait to see how good these kids can be....

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

schenk11 wrote:
redandgreen10 wrote:warrenwarrior55
i'm not sure but i believe diehard is meaning that the coaches see things on tv and use it as their offense or defense. trying to emulate college guys instead of figuring things out and developing their own packages that work with hs players. i'm pretty sure he didn't mean their physical looks. i might be wrong but that's what i got out of the post. why aren't you returning to warren?
Having coached with Coach Schob at Marietta, I can personally tell you that he did not get his offensive package from TV. He developed his own scheme from combining the wing-T, the spin-offense, and a spread passing game. It IS his own system, not something he got from TV. Most people posting on SEOPS do have the knowledge or background to be able to decipher where a system came from or find the nuances that make one system different than the other.

JMHO
IMHO he got most of this from Coach Spicer. Even the tempo's he was trying to put in place at Warren.

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Post by tigerstrike2011 »

And what an offensive juggernaut those warriors are!

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Well I'm one that does have the knowledge and background to decipher systems :lol: I sure wont post opinions on Spicer on here that I have. See no real need to.But...I do have a question.What is a spin-offense? I am assuming it is the old spinner series from the Single-Wing.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

The General wrote:Well I'm one that does have the knowledge and background to decipher systems :lol: I sure wont post opinions on Spicer on here that I have. See no real need to.But...I do have a question.What is a spin-offense? I am assuming it is the old spinner series from the Single-Wing.
Yes it is very similar to the spinner series from the single wing.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

you can leave your opinions out of this general. im stating fact. coach schob got his offense from spicer. i saw the whole thing happen. just want credit where its due. no need for opinions, general.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Warriors are on their 3 day road trip with 3 7on7's while they are gone. First is a stop in Hillsboro then to Kings Island, then Tuesday at Milford with 4 teams total participating and then on Wednesday they play at Nippert Stadium at U of Cincinnati. What news I have from Hillsboro is all went well for the Warriors, wish I had more right now but if I get more news I will post it.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

The Schob's and Spicer reunited...

gobrowns
Freshman Team

Post by gobrowns »

What's the word on 7v7s? Players have been working hard in the off season!

Return to “Football”