WEEK 2: Oak Hill (0-1) @ Wheelersburg (0-1)

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

WEEK 2: Oak Hill (0-1) @ Wheelersburg (0-1)

Post by Old Bulldog »

There was some conversation on this game 12 months ago. I'll take Burg in this one.

Soho
Waterboy

Re: WEEK 2: Oak Hill (0-1) @ Wheelersburg (0-1)

Post by Soho »

Yeah, what happenned? Oak Hill just one hit wonders or what? It's one think to get pounded by Ironton, but Chesapeake?
Tell me Oak Hill had some players suspended or injured or something...Chesapeake? smh

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

"Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs?"

Okay, enough Jim Mora talk.

I wondered if there was going to even be a thread about this game. Oak Hill fans seemed to jump off a bridge after getting spanked by Peake. I have seen alot of posts from the Burg fans, seems some of them havent completely bailed out yet.

I will take Burg by 42 in this one. Burg is down, but they are still the Burg.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Soho wrote:Yeah, what happenned? Oak Hill just one hit wonders or what? It's one think to get pounded by Ironton, but Chesapeake?
Tell me Oak Hill had some players suspended or injured or something...Chesapeake? smh
Soho, it wasn't before WW2 that peake useta regularly beat Wayne, WV, and give the mighty C-K Wonders all they wanted, and some they didn't want. And Peake had some classic battles with the Oaks.As all HS football progs go, they've been up-n- down. Peake's a little up this year, while Oak Hill may be a little down.

Ironton might be better than last year, and 'Burg might be down a tick from last year. But if Burg has any speed, it might be a long night for the Oaks. But that's why they play the games on the field and not just on paper...

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Oak Hill had some talent roll through in the past few years, but they havent been a staple in SEO since the late 90's early 00's...Burg by 21

SOC 2!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET R DONE PIRATES.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

burg rebounds

footballdad
Waterboy

Post by footballdad »

I like Burg in this one too. The new kids got all the butterflies outta their stomachs and its time to show how Burg plays ball. You cant judge the Burg by the Ironton game, that was just a learning lesson for them.

ndats
Waterboy

Post by ndats »

Burg wins BIG

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Last week was probably the worst game on the schedule for the young pirates to start the season with but they will regroup and roll the Oaks this week.

baseball10
Waterboy

Post by baseball10 »

Burg by as many as they want!!!

Eye Lander
Waterboy

Post by Eye Lander »

Burg wins easily in this one, The Oaks has some folks remembering how they run it up the last couples years, folks the worm has turned and you will see the Oaks of old. I am thinking they may win 3 games this year. :lol:

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

this game gets ugly and ugly quick... You have a Burg team that wants to come out and show what happened last week was not a normal Burg performance against an Oaks team that got run over like nother of the past few years, who hasnt had to come back and respond in this type of form. Burg wins this one by atleast 4 scores.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

This will be a good game for the Burg offense to figure out how they will play this year. Losing 10 offensive starters from last year will be tough to replace, but there are some capable young men that will step in. I look for Shears to be more in the shotgun this week and complete quite a few passes if the Oaks play him to run the ball.

wolverine
Freshman Team

Post by wolverine »

burg gets this one

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Burg will win this game by atleast two scores! GO PIRATES!!!!!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I would like to see Miller at the QB spot and Shears at RB I think that would give the pirates more balance and prevent teams from keying in on Shears every play. Shears is the best player on the field most nights but its hard to gain yards when your offense is very one dimensional

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SPAMONY wrote:I would like to see Miller at the QB spot and Shears at RB I think that would give the pirates more balance and prevent teams from keying in on Shears every play. Shears is the best player on the field most nights but its hard to gain yards when your offense is very one dimensional
I thought the same thing last week when Miller came in late in the game. I imagine we will some of Miller under center as the season progresses.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

goodness oak hill bandwagon sure unloaded quick. Burg will put the J back infront of oak hill.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Incognito wrote:goodness oak hill bandwagon sure unloaded quick. Burg will put the J back infront of oak hill.
This is true, most people that were on here last year spouting off were one year posters, but I would rather it be quiet on here than people complaining about coaching or whatever else they want to complain about. It is a team that pretty much all of the team minus a handful is getting their first varsity playing time. The less they hear on here the better.

Return to “Football”