Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

Post by C-Bolt »

They do look like Notre Dame Trench, although I'll bet the house Lancaster doesn't come out in green jerseys,Notre Dame doesn't do well in them historically just stick with the plain old blue

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:They do look like Notre Dame Trench, although I'll bet the house Lancaster doesn't come out in green jerseys,Notre Dame doesn't do well in them historically just stick with the plain old blue
yea i was just joking about the green jerseys but it would be cool looking. i think notre dame just does that on special days. but the gales almost looks exactly like notre dame. gold and blue and even the black shoes.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

wow...I leave for 2 weeks of national guard training and when I come bake there are zero new posts on this game. Guess the Logan fans don't have much to talk about

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

what are you really wanting to say?

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

To the good people of Logan:

Please leave the wife and kids at home. This game will be a massacre!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

noreply66 wrote:what are you really wanting to say?
All I am trying to say is in years past the posts fom logan fans would have been non-stop through the start of this game and this year that isn't the case.

I hear the Gales looked very good in theirs scrimmages over the weekend and should be in mid season form come the start of the season assuming a few players get back to 100% healthy

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

lhsfan97 -
Logan had a bad year in 2010 ..... They are not used to that ... They should be better this year, but not as good as 2,3 years ago... There is a lot of silence up in Logan... Not sure what to make of it either.....

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Logan's lines were pretty dominating against Circleville IMO,, they were moving the ball at will and smothering the tigers running game,now I don't know if it will be the same against the Gales but I definetly see an improvement over last year,this week they play Sheridan in the jamboree game and think they have a good shot in that one since Sheridan graduated so many people, and if they do indeed win that one I think you'll see the Logan fans coming back a little bit..maybe

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sheridan is always strong even after big graduated classes

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yep old Paul Culver is a legend,if anybody can make it happen he can, but I still have a hunch Logan will be successful in this game and they will need it for confidence going into next week....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I just might have to put a couple things aside and go to this scrimmage.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Hearing lots of good things about this years team. I don't think they beat the Gales, but if they stay close and play respectful, then its a launch of what should be a winning year.Lancaster should be good this year and maybe get to the playoffs. Logan should only get better as the season rolls along and I expect them to do much better in the league. The last scrimmage should give you an idea of what lies ahead. Some young players get play time this year. Some Sophs. are very good.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

imo, if the chiefs have their way with the generals, the golden gales will have their hands full come the 26th. :evil:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Like I have said before Logan must return to old time football, Back to basics! One area of concern is our lack of depth on both sides of the ball! If my work schedule allows, I plan on attending the scrimmage with a very well coached and solid Shedidan General team. If and if is a big word the Chiefs stay injury free and improve on defence and develop a solid group of special teams, I see an improvement from last years record! Ater this scrimmage I will make my 1st game perdiction and perdict our season record!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Unless my eyes were deceiving me it didn't look like Logan had very many players on the team at the scrimmage, so injuries will be key,been reading where Sheridan hasn't looked that great in their scrimmages so far,it will be interesting for sure come Friday at the jamboree.....

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I counted 47 dressed and one on the sidelines.-Circleville
A picture in the Daily of the 1st day of practice showed lines of players where you couldn't see everyone.From that picture I could see 55 players so I figured in the area of 60. This picture may have had freshman in it or it was a picture other than the first day.

Still could have had some missing against Circleville for vacation or something else.
Have to see Loco's roster.
Last edited by noreply66 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

pretty sure theres 50 or 51 players per logan football.com's new 2011 roster. not a big number but big things can come out of small packages. :twisted:
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I can't seemed to bring up the 2011 roster??????????????

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

click on team, then u will see the 2011 roster come up on the left side with 2011 team picture. click on the 2011 roster, it should come up for ya. pictures not there yet but it says its coming soon. but he has the new roster on there.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I counted 48 from that picture they had from the first day of practice Aug.2,when they came running out last Friday it looked like there wasn't near as many from years past, but maybe some were injured or some might have left the team,I knew they was in the 40's, but the last 5 or 6 years they've had at least 50 -60 players and if the freshman were there 10-12 would be small,,it just looks different now,,,Locos might not have been able to make it down to picture day like years past, so we might have to wait for the paper preview to come out,

Return to “Football”