Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Lancaster vs. Logan Week 1

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I counted 48 from that picture they had from the first day of practice Aug.2,when they came running out last Friday it looked like there wasn't near as many from years past, but maybe some were injured or some might have left the team,I knew they was in the 40's, but the last 5 or 6 years they've had at least 50 -60 players,,it just looks different now,,,Locos might not have been able to make it down to picture day like years past, so we might have to wait for the paper preview to come out
i dont really know for sure. i just counted them on that new roster on logan football.com. we will see friday when we go at it with the wirery generals. :122246
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I counted 50 on the roster, but it sure didn't look that high when they were running out maybe its because he didn't have the freshman there like last year....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I counted 50 on the roster, but it sure didn't look that high when they were running out maybe its because he didn't have the freshman there like last year....
thats what i counted too. 50 to 51. dont know about the freshman in the picture. how many seniors did u count on there? i counted 12. ive seen little schools have freshmen on their rosters but i dont think logan has ever had one at the varsity level. sometimes they practice with them. is that the picture u are talking about?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:click on team, then u will see the 2011 roster come up on the left side with 2011 team picture. click on the 2011 roster, it should come up for ya. pictures not there yet but it says its coming soon. but he has the new roster on there.

When I go there it just has 2010--I click on team and 2010 still comes up???????????

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ok

It came up---I had to click on home once 2010 came up and then it went to 2011-----thanks

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Ok

It came up---I had to click on home once 2010 came up and then it went to 2011-----thanks
ur very welcome. kinda low on seniors, dont u think? heard the juniors and sophs has some talent though.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I also counted 50 from Loganfootball.com
seniors - 12
juniors - 14
sophs - 24

Numbers must be down for Logan, though a lot of younger players....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Unless my eyes were deceiving me it didn't look like Logan had very many players on the team at the scrimmage, so injuries will be key,been reading where Sheridan hasn't looked that great in their scrimmages so far,it will be interesting for sure come Friday at the jamboree.....
c-bolt, who did the generals scrimmage with?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Don't know trench,usually they scrimmage lakewood the first one of the year and they routinely bulldoze them about every year,not sure of the second scrimmage but on their website they've been saying they're not playing physical this year and the seniors are under performing and the younger players need to step up,don't sound good over in general land for what they're used to, but we'll see come tomorrow,,,will Culver come out in a spread formation like when he shocked everyone 2 years ago :?:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

thats not like the generals bolt, they are usually tough every year. if they are down that much the chiefs better make a good showing on them if they are going to hang with those golden gales at fulton. lets get-r-done chiefs!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

They were down a little bit 2 years ago in that first jamboreek trench,,I remember some Sheridan people telling me their line was so small and inexperienced that Culver was forced to play a spread and shelve his beloved power running game.I still remember they had one big tall lineman that stood out that year and made the rest of them look like little boys....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

chiefs better put on a show no matter how good the generals are. chiefs need to be in full force next week at fulton. get-r-done chiefs!

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Had a chance to stop by and see a little bit of the Gales Practice the other day. The offense looked good running the wing-t as always and the defensive front seven was big strong and moved sideline to sideline quicker than any Lancaster team I have seen in a while. Like most years opposing teams will have to be able to pass deep on the gales in order to beat them.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Go Logan!!!!! I will always root for the SEOAL team!!!!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

quote:"opposing teams will have to be able to pass deep on the gales in order to beat them"

Logan has shown the ability to do just that so far,watch your footing Gales don't stack that line or you might get burned like two years ago

basketballref
Waterboy

Post by basketballref »

If anyone can get the kids to play hard it will be Kelly Wolfe.The kids respect him and will do what he asks of them.But I don't see them beating Lancaster this early.Like it was said before.Maybe one year away.I hope not but I think Lancaster by at least 14 points.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I think the big key to this game will come down to how long will the Logan line be able to give the QB time to throw,if hes running for his life it will be a long ride back to Hocking County, but if he gets a little time who knows,Lancaster is notoriously stingy against the run so I don't think Logan will have much success there unless they can get burned on some passes then it might get them on their heels a little, but the Logan offense has to keep the defense off the field as much as possible or they will get worn down by the fourth quarter and on defense the key will be find who has the ball because the Lancaster wing-t by far the most difficult on Logans schedule at hiding the ball in the backfield behind those big lineman.......

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:I think the big key to this game will come down to how long will the Logan line be able to give the QB time to throw,if hes running for his life it will be a long ride back to Hocking County, but if he gets a little time who knows,Lancaster is notoriously stingy against the run so I don't think Logan will have much success there unless they can get burned on some passes then it might get them on their heels a little, but the Logan offense has to keep the defense off the field as much as possible or they will get worn down by the fourth quarter and on defense the key will be find who has the ball because the Lancaster wing-t by far the most difficult on Logans schedule at hiding the ball in the backfield behind those big lineman.......
i agree 100% c-bolt. could'nt have said it any better myself. i just hope they put on a show against sheridan, then we will know a little more going into the big one next week. get-r-done chiefs!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Trenchfoot wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:I think the big key to this game will come down to how long will the Logan line be able to give the QB time to throw,if hes running for his life it will be a long ride back to Hocking County, but if he gets a little time who knows,Lancaster is notoriously stingy against the run so I don't think Logan will have much success there unless they can get burned on some passes then it might get them on their heels a little, but the Logan offense has to keep the defense off the field as much as possible or they will get worn down by the fourth quarter and on defense the key will be find who has the ball because the Lancaster wing-t by far the most difficult on Logans schedule at hiding the ball in the backfield behind those big lineman.......
i agree 100% c-bolt. could'nt have said it any better myself. i just hope they put on a show against sheridan, then we will know a little more going into the big one next week. get-r-done chiefs!

Guy's tonight game against Sheridan will in my opinion will answer alot of questions about the Chiefs.
1 The O and D line can they control the line ?
2 Will the offence return back to basics?
3 Size matters?
4 Special teams?
5 Mistakes?
7 NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Chiefs can have a winning grade They could have a winning season!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

lets get it done chiefs!!

Return to “Football”