HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DREAM MATCH-UPS

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DREAM MATCH-UPS

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

if there was two teams in h.s. football you would love to see them duke it out what would thoes teams be?

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Re: HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL DREAM MATCH-UPS

Post by cows and chickuns »

Saint Joseph (Ironton) vs. South Webster

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Uhh? Cows I think they were talking about AMERICAN football...not European...LOL!!! :122249

cows and chickuns
Varsity

Saint Joe is undefeated since 92 in American Football...that's pretty good...

induct chuck
Riding the Bench

Post by induct chuck »

Portsmouth vs. Portsmouth Notre Dame.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Cows you got me there...LOL :-D

By the way are ya ready for school and where are you going?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

cows and chickuns wrote:Saint Joe is undefeated since 92 in American Football...that's pretty good...
They can't touch the undefeated stretch that New Boston has going. :lol:
induct chuck wrote:Portsmouth vs. Portsmouth Notre Dame.
Don't think this is a dream match up for either school. Even in Portsmouth's bad years they just have far to much size speed, and over all depth for Notre Dame to be competitive. With the exception of Notre Dame in 2000 PHS would crush ND each year, although 2000 PHS was loaded as well and would have still defeated Notre Dame handily. However 2000 ND could hang with PHS from other years and would be able to beat some of the down teams. On a yearly basis though PHS is just way to much for ND, just too big of a size difference in the schools.

induct chuck
Riding the Bench

Post by induct chuck »

I'd still like to see Portsmouth play ND. I think they could hang. It would be similar to ND playing last year's Greenup County or Oak Hill team, which they did and lost respectably to. I'm definitely not saying ND would win, but I think it would be better than many people think. They might win two or three out of ten. I don't even think it would be a bad scheduling move on ND's part. Think about it: if ND wins, suddenly they gain a lot of attention, pick up playoff points, and get bragging rights on the town. And it wouldn't be a surprise if Portsmouth won, so there's really no big blow to ND. But Portsmouth would want no parts of it, because if they lose, they just lost to the smallest school in the state to field a team.
Perhaps this would make a better jamboree game. Have Portsmouth come down to old Spartan for one last go around. Lol, crazy as it sounds, my dream match up isn't one that my school has a great chance of winning, just one that would be fun to watch and maybe allow ND to turn some heads, especially if they pulled off the upset.

know all
Freshman Team

Post by know all »

miller vs. logan at miller

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i miss the ironton vs cape games.

cows and chickuns
Varsity

86Tiger wrote:Cows you got me there...LOL :-D

Yes! Very excited. Xavier University.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Lancaster or Logan vs. Parkersburg. Big Red fans talk about how great they are and how Ohio football is over rated when they beat Marietta. A step up in scheduling for them may change their opinion.

induct chuck
Riding the Bench

Post by induct chuck »

cows and chickuns wrote:

Good choice! Their football team has been undefeated for quite some time too! :lol:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Parkersburg v Youngstown Mooney....I have seen my fair share of Big Red games, and they are a quality program, but they would struggle outside of D4. Let them get their tails kicked by a d4-d5 power house and see how they feel about Ohio Football.

Ironton v Huntington High or Ironton v Wayne, WV
Portsmouth v Cabel Midland or Spring Valley

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Williamstown WV vs. Nelsonville-York

cows and chickuns
Varsity

induct chuck wrote:
cows and chickuns wrote:

Good choice! Their football team has been undefeated for quite some time too! :lol:
Yep! Since 1973, I think. Hopefully I can see 4 more years of undefeated football.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

schenk11 wrote:Williamstown WV vs. Nelsonville-York
I would go to this and actually root for N.Y. There fans are saints compared to williamstown people.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

A few years back Ironton brought in a team from Kentucky that was riding a 30 plus game winning streak and 2 or 3 time consecutive KY state champs........the first half was a SHOOTOUT with both teams scoring at will...........then the lights went out.....literally. AEP couldn't fix the problem and the KY team would not stay the night (can't blame them) and they headed back across the river with their streak intact.

I'd love to see that rematch when both teams are peaking.......wasn't it Beechwood or Beechcroft? Or some Beach?

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

induct chuck wrote:I'd still like to see Portsmouth play ND. I think they could hang. It would be similar to ND playing last year's Greenup County or Oak Hill team, which they did and lost respectably to. I'm definitely not saying ND would win, but I think it would be better than many people think. They might win two or three out of ten. I don't even think it would be a bad scheduling move on ND's part. Think about it: if ND wins, suddenly they gain a lot of attention, pick up playoff points, and get bragging rights on the town. And it wouldn't be a surprise if Portsmouth won, so there's really no big blow to ND. But Portsmouth would want no parts of it, because if they lose, they just lost to the smallest school in the state to field a team.
Perhaps this would make a better jamboree game. Have Portsmouth come down to old Spartan for one last go around. Lol, crazy as it sounds, my dream match up isn't one that my school has a great chance of winning, just one that would be fun to watch and maybe allow ND to turn some heads, especially if they pulled off the upset.

I like the idea of a jamboree game, could draw a lot of attention. I know where I would be that evening :mrgreen:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

schenk11 wrote:Lancaster or Logan vs. Parkersburg. Big Red fans talk about how great they are and how Ohio football is over rated when they beat Marietta. A step up in scheduling for them may change their opinion.
schenk11 - I agree with you 100%. Didn't Parkersburg South take on Lancaster about five years ago and got beat by over 50 points? Big Reds would rather travel all the way over to DC or into Maryland than to play a good DIV or better from Ohio. Frankly, I'd like to see them play Youngstown Ursuline. I don't think PHS would fare too well.

Return to “Football”