Week 4: Chesapeake @ Valley

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Re: Week 4: Chesapeake @ Valley

Post by Bo_Diaz »

dime-a-dozen wrote:I sure hope that the Panther players have seen this and know Valley and their fans are totally overlooking them! Chesapeake just beat a very good SV team and you think this will be a good chance for LV to rest their players? Seriously if Chesapeake comes out ready to play like they did against Symmes Valley with some Senior leadership look for this one to be a pretty good game! Remember last year when LV thought Chesapeake was a little better but they would still walk and Chesapeake had the ball and was driving when time ran out and lost by 8? I have seen valley play this year, imo they are not world beaters? They will see the best RB and WR so far on their scheduled. Valleys line has good size and are strong, the QB has good speed but is no Blake Yates, they have a nice rotation of RB but no Luke Keller on the outside quick WR but none as big as Dwyer. Now, Valley is good but they are also BEATABLE!!!!
The person talking about Valley resting players, is a person that has a strong dislike for Valley football. I've seen some Valley fans be confident about their team, but how much stock do you put into fans opinions when it comes to the mind set of a football team? I'm sure the Coach Crabtree will have the Indians prepared and I sure the Indians wouldn't overlook a quality program like Chesapeake. You make some very good points in your analysis but I do think you're underestimating this Valley team, like many others, because of the quality of players that graduated. That's totally understandable, but it doesn't mean their replacements aren't capable... I look for the Indians to win, but last years game has no bearing on this one.

Valley 40
Peake 20

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Those of us that are true Valley or Peake fans know that every time we play each other Peake always gives us fits especially when we play there I assure you that the players and true fans are not over looking Chesapeake there has been several years that we have we struggle to get out of there with a win they never lay down they always play hard.....
Last edited by here4fun on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bo_Diaz wrote:
dime-a-dozen wrote:I sure hope that the Panther players have seen this and know Valley and their fans are totally overlooking them! Chesapeake just beat a very good SV team and you think this will be a good chance for LV to rest their players? Seriously if Chesapeake comes out ready to play like they did against Symmes Valley with some Senior leadership look for this one to be a pretty good game! Remember last year when LV thought Chesapeake was a little better but they would still walk and Chesapeake had the ball and was driving when time ran out and lost by 8? I have seen valley play this year, imo they are not world beaters? They will see the best RB and WR so far on their scheduled. Valleys line has good size and are strong, the QB has good speed but is no Blake Yates, they have a nice rotation of RB but no Luke Keller on the outside quick WR but none as big as Dwyer. Now, Valley is good but they are also BEATABLE!!!!
The person talking about Valley resting players, is a person that has a strong dislike for Valley football. I've seen some Valley fans be confident about their team, but how much stock do you put into fans opinions when it comes to the mind set of a football team? I'm sure the Coach Crabtree will have the Indians prepared and I sure the Indians wouldn't overlook a quality program like Chesapeake. You make some very good points in your analysis but I do think you're underestimating this Valley team, like many others, because of the quality of players that graduated. That's totally understandable, but it doesn't mean their replacements aren't capable... I look for the Indians to win, but last years game has no bearing on this one.

Valley 40
Peake 20
Easy there Bo! I don't have a strong dislike for Valley! Heck I don't even have a small dislike for Valley. Just because I enjoy arguing with Coop, Jesco and two thousand variations of CRABS " fill in the blank" doesn't mean I harbor ill feelings. Its just the best banter on this site they are always well informed and up to good debate. I'm willing to bet I've seen more Valley playoff games than you have. Thanks for the bus marks pal

Silver Bulletz 1
Waterboy

Post by Silver Bulletz 1 »

Valley 33

Peake 13

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I WAS NOT SAYING THEY WERE NOT BEATABLE. EVERYONE IS, BUT I SAW THE SCHEDULE. AND THIS BUNCH BELIEVES THEY CAN. I STAND BY MY STATEMENT.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think valley goes undefeated this year , i really do.
Bold statement. Valley has a great system in place. They could beat everyone in the Soc, except Burg...I think burg is the cream of the crop. Also, look for Minford to give them a game regardless of record. That game could always go either way, regardless of record.

StonewallJackson89
Riding the Bench

Post by StonewallJackson89 »

:mrgreen: Valley big in this one! 52-0

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

sider wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think valley goes undefeated this year , i really do.
Bold statement. Valley has a great system in place. They could beat everyone in the Soc, except Burg...I think burg is the cream of the crop. Also, look for Minford to give them a game regardless of record. That game could always go either way, regardless of record.
Yeah. Throw the records out here. Valley vs Minford is always a good game. But West always plays us tough too. Just glad that we play Burg and Minford at home this year.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

SPAMONY wrote:
Bo_Diaz wrote:

Valley 40
Peake 20
Easy there Bo! I don't have a strong dislike for Valley! Heck I don't even have a small dislike for Valley. Just because I enjoy arguing with Coop, Jesco and two thousand variations of CRABS " fill in the blank" doesn't mean I harbor ill feelings. Its just the best banter on this site they are always well informed and up to good debate. I'm willing to bet I've seen more Valley playoff games than you have. Thanks for the bus marks pal
Well I'm pretty confident that you haven't seen more playoff games than me, maybe the same amount, but not more. I'm glad you enjoy the back and worth with the other backers because Jesco, Coop, Starbase, and the Crabs (even if they're not Crabs :) ) are normally on top of things. I do remember some pretty heated remarks and insults thrown around last season, especially the last two weeks of the regular season. So if you don't have a dislike for Valley then you probably have a dislike for someone(s) at Valley... Either way, that's not my point. I was pointing out to the Chesapeake fella that it wasn't a Valley supporter talking about taking his team lightly.

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Chesapeake 28 Valley 20 upset city baby!!!!!! Sorry to all you valley fans that think the peake is coming all the way there to lose but the peake pull off the win!

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

blue53 wrote: I hope to see Valley get out to a good comfortable lead and start working on the passing game a little.
According to thne Wynford gasme that would be a minimum of a 28 point lead. :(

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

wink wrote:
blue53 wrote: I hope to see Valley get out to a good comfortable lead and start working on the passing game a little.
Really you had to bring that up..!!! Still that was the best highschool game I have ever seen........

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Here4Fun wrote:
wink wrote:
Really you had to bring that up..!!! Still that was the best highschool game I have ever seen........
Well they beat a 1-2 Coal Grove team and inmediately began clammoring for "respect" when IMO they still had a LONG walk back to the respect level from that Wynford game and blowing a 27 point lead to lose it.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

You're absolutely correct. The kids should have thrown in the towel this year, forfeited all games, and fired the coaching staff because they lost in the regional finals last year. Every time Valley crosses the goal, established by "EXPERTS" on this site, the line gets moved . Most predicted Valley would be setting at 1-2 this point in the season. The folks that felt Valley would have a decent year vs a hangover are the one's playing the game, where it belongs the most.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Bo_Diaz wrote: Well I'm pretty confident that you haven't seen more playoff games than me, maybe the same amount, but not more. I'm glad you enjoy the back and worth with the other backers because Jesco, Coop, Starbase, and the Crabs (even if they're not Crabs :) ) are normally on top of things. I do remember some pretty heated remarks and insults thrown around last season, especially the last two weeks of the regular season. So if you don't have a dislike for Valley then you probably have a dislike for someone(s) at Valley... Either way, that's not my point. I was pointing out to the Chesapeake fella that it wasn't a Valley supporter talking about taking his team lightly.
Absolutely we will get into some good ones but always in good fun. And no I cant think of a single person from Valley that I dont like. I actually have a lot of very good friends from Valley. Thats why I give Valley fans such a Hard time :evil: . BTW you can be as PC as you want but you and I both know how competetive this game will be ;-) .

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

starbase_318 wrote:You're absolutely correct. The kids should have thrown in the towel this year, forfeited all games, and fired the coaching staff because they lost in the regional finals last year. Every time Valley crosses the goal, established by "EXPERTS" on this site, the line gets moved . Most predicted Valley would be setting at 1-2 this point in the season. The folks that felt Valley would have a decent year vs a hangover are the one's playing the game, where it belongs the most.
I thought they would be 2-1 losing to CG FWIW

lawcosportsfan
Waterboy

Post by lawcosportsfan »

Much better game last week peake, keep the ball rolling and lets get it done again.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

SPAMONY wrote:
starbase_318 wrote:You're absolutely correct. The kids should have thrown in the towel this year, forfeited all games, and fired the coaching staff because they lost in the regional finals last year. Every time Valley crosses the goal, established by "EXPERTS" on this site, the line gets moved . Most predicted Valley would be setting at 1-2 this point in the season. The folks that felt Valley would have a decent year vs a hangover are the one's playing the game, where it belongs the most.
I thought they would be 2-1 losing to CG FWIW

How did you have us at 2-1 when u had us loosing to Portsmouth and cg. You even said we was the worst team Portsmouth plays this year.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Correct I said I thought Valley was their only chance for a win. CHANCE. It turns out west was their best chance lol. That remark was towards ptowns bad team not yours look at the rest of ptowns schedule the only team Valley would be favored against is west but most thought west was the best in the soc when I posted that alot of people were wrong about west not just me.Before you jump down my throat with you being better than minford only week 10 will settle that one. I think that will be a good game as usual. Flip a coin

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I'm pretty excited to see my ole buddy "wink" back mixing it up!! How have you been wink? Looking forward to reading your posts this season.

Spamony, I'm definitely looking forward to our conversations this year, especially the last three weeks of the regular season. I'm really hoping the SOC II will have 3 teams qualify for the playoffs this year and give us a lot to banter about and even more for the league as a whole to be proud of.

Return to “Football”