Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Re: Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by Charles Farquar »

Not trying to compare the Oaks to Watterson,but Oaks do yourself a favor stop listening to some of this stuff on here and get a realistic feel for who you are playing. Watch the defensive Youtube video that starts with Watterson on Offense and Ironton on defense.. Just so these guys dont convince you your playing the New England Patriots, before the game is even played. Do what you have done all year. Play good defense, swarm to the ball and hit. Come off the ball and run hard with with it. Really do your self a favor and watch the video. Your fan up north.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

As a true fan, I'm concerned about this one. A lot of depth issues right now going into the game. I am excited to make the trip to Oak Hill. Haven't seen a football game there since Merrill was the coach.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

GOOD LUCK IRONTON!!!!!

FROM BUCKEYE LAND

georgecarmon
Waterboy

Post by georgecarmon »

If oak hill played ironton schedule how many game would they win not one game

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Depends on if they got to play at Tank!lol. Let's see, Burg had better stats and Ironton won..Lewis was the reason. Gallia had better stats and Ironton won...Lewis. Ashland had better stats and Ironton won...Lewis. I guess if Oak Hill can stop Lewis then Oak Hill has a very good chance in this one. How many teams would win out with Lewis on their team is the better question.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

urban buck wrote:Depends on if they got to play at Tank!lol. Let's see, Burg had better stats and Ironton won..Lewis was the reason. Gallia had better stats and Ironton won...Lewis. Ashland had better stats and Ironton won...Lewis. I guess if Oak Hill can stop Lewis then Oak Hill has a very good chance in this one. How many teams would win out with Lewis on their team is the better question.
I agree how many teams would have a big year with Lewis. He is a game breaker for sure.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the last 3 games johnson central, ky.
columbus bishop watterson
coulumbus bishop hartley

nobody of these 3 have kicked to him, basically onsides kicks all night long.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Tigers fans need to check out and READ Ironton Tribune free lance writer Billy Bruce's article in today's paper! Great article not b/c it mentions my son but b/c it touches base with something I stated earlier on this thread!!!
Just trying to add to what I stated!! On a mission or as most people know me as Ralph Cox!! No coward,and no backing up here!!! Simply stating MY opinion!!!!!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Im picking Ironton by as much as they want to! I dont care who beat Ironton so far this year or who was the better team in week 1. Fact is Ironton beat Burg (by points), minford beat OH in 3OT, Burg beat minford (and the refs) by alot!!!! So, I see Ironton proving to those unbelievers that they are better than it has seemed the past couple weeks. Then with no week 10 game they can have 2 weeks of practice, heal, and get ready to win in the play-offs! GO TIGERS!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thanks that was a great article, i think we can all learn a few lessons from this, myself included.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

The last 3 games have been tough, no doubt , but we need to go up to the hill and get back on track. hopefully we can get a little more healthier this week and pull out the win, lock up a home game and rest before the playoffs begin. I don" know much about oak hill except they are 7 and 1, I"m sure they will no pushover. I would like to see Patrick get back on track and have a whale of a game. Let"s just hope neither team has any injuries this weekend and good luck TIGERS!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Nobody likes to loose. Especially a proud program like Ironton which has been used to winning for 40 plus years.

There is alot of truth in the article, but being average at times is still gonna be tough to swallow for a very spoiled fan base.

Lutz is gone, enrollment is down, and transfer rules have changed. Ironton will always field a competitive team, but consecutive years of great teams are over after this group of seniors is gone. Irontons yearly lofty expectations are gonna have to be a bit more conservative.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

siderman wrote:Nobody likes to loose. Especially a proud program like Ironton which has been used to winning for 40 plus years.

There is alot of truth in the article, but being average at times is still gonna be tough to swallow for a very spoiled fan base.

Lutz is gone, enrollment is down, and transfer rules have changed. Ironton will always field a competitive team, but consecutive years of great teams are over after this group of seniors is gone. Irontons yearly lofty expectations are gonna have to be a bit more conservative.

No completely wrong!!! Once you stop shooting for the top rung of the ladder you never get it back. You dont scale back your expectations. Thats loser talk. You should expect greatness and work towards that goal.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Great Tribune article - thanks for sharing for those of us who no longer live in or near Ironton.

As for people saying "enrollment is down" - that's why the OHSAA has divisions. Ironton was once D-3 and now D-4 and beat D-1 and D-2 teams. Truth is they are about to drop to D-5 and better start considering beating D-4 and D-3 teams as a big accomplishment. The landscape of high school football has changed. The D-1 programs now rival small college programs.

My suggestion for EVERYONE on this board is to go to a game you care nothing about. Sit on both sides for a while. I've done this several times and I have found out that there has NEVER been a FAIR football game. Fans on BOTH sides scream they are getting cheated. Funny thing is that as a neutral fan, you see that referees are 95% correct. Then you see the idiots screaming obscenities and you think, "darn, am I LIKE THAT??"

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Very well said I am afraid that most of the area could care less about the Ironton program. This will cause Ironton problems in the future with their schedule.

I have been at several games where the Ironton score is announced and you will hear people say they should have stayed in a league. I will ask people standing around why would your school not schedule them? 99% of the time they will say that they (Ironton fans, coaches etc) made fun of their league in the past. So why should we reach out a hand now.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I'm not so sure Ironton even wants in any of the local leagues. OVC would be a HUGE step down and a path to "average" at best. SOC-II would be a better fit, but I don't think it will happen.

I for one, am glad Ironton is independant. Nobody else in the state is locked into the playoffs with just 5 wins. But 5 QUALITY wins. Lets get over the old days of 10-0 or 9-1 regular seasons. I'm okay with 8-2 or 7-3 and going into the playoffs battle tested. Its also kinda neat that we ALWAYS have new teams on the schedule. You never know when or where the next opponent is coming from. As long as Ironton schedules like they are now, 6-4 gets them in the playoffs and like this year MAYBE 5-5 would be enough!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Beat them one play at a time, Oaks.

stevenDWAYNEcampbell
Waterboy

Post by stevenDWAYNEcampbell »

Caleb THE TRUCK (4x4) Potter will be the difference in this one!!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

With all those injuries to Irontons top players, I think OH has a true shot of the upset! Just as long as they dont get spooked when they see those Orangre and Black helmets run onto the field.

Return to “Football”