Riding the Bench

Re: Week 9 (5-3) Ironton @ (7-1) Oak Hill

Post by wheelersburg fan 89 »

any stats??

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

I was going to try and get them, but the feed has been messing up.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

FINAL SCORE: IRONTON 28 - OAK HILL 0

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

huh, well they didn't give out the stats, not that I heard.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I never heard any either they went to music lol

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

ACCBiggz wrote:I think it's almost unrealistic to expect an Oak Hill win, but I think they can look good. I believe in my prediction on the front page: Ironton will put in a workmanlike performance and control the game & win by more than one score. Maybe something like 28-0, 28-7 or similar. Oak Hill won't be in contention to win the game, but they'll get a valuable learning experience as they prepare for the playoffs.
Pretty much went as expected. I think this game benefits Oak Hill just as much as Ironton going forward. Good work from the Tigers who have a bye week to rest and heal before the playoffs begin.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

by IBTT » October 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Although Ironton will start with many of their second string including QB and FB...Ironton will take this one by as many as they wish...this will be Irontons easiest game of the season...time to rest that starters and get healthy for the playoffs...

Pretty much the same as I saw it...Oak Hill had played a weak schedule and Ironton was road tested...if not for all the penalties..which were called correctly for the most part...thought the officials did a fine job...it would have gotten ugly...no more injuries for the tigers...good to see Tanner Duty dressed...although I was sure proud of cox's performance...he's going to be a good one...

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

IBTT wrote:by IBTT » October 12th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Although Ironton will start with many of their second string including QB and FB...Ironton will take this one by as many as they wish...this will be Irontons easiest game of the season...time to rest that starters and get healthy for the playoffs...

Might have been their easiest game of the season... But which starters did they rest that will actually be playing again this year? Lewis is a dynamic running back, but his cornerback skills were pretty unimpressive, as well as most of your secondary. Ironton needs to really sure up their pass defense. Oak Hill had recievers wide up quite a few times. Twice on the same pattern that was run earlier. Might come back to haunt them in the playoffs. Good luck to Ironton in playoffs. Always pull for you to represent southern Ohio well.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

No Matter what happened tonight Oak Hill has had a great season and is a pleasant surprise,in Southern Ohio.
Congrats Oaks! Kudos for stepping up to play Ironton,great experience getting ready for the playoffs.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Rvbballdude wrote:No Matter what happened tonight Oak Hill has had a great season and is a pleasant surprise,in Southern Ohio.
Congrats Oaks! Kudos for stepping up to play Ironton,great experience getting ready for the playoffs.
So correct!! Will only make u better!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Oak Hill showed alot of pride and came out with fire and played their hearts out.
They should hang their heads high and look forward to closing out their season with a win and going far in the playoffs.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Agree completely...I think oak hill stepped up and played the big boy in the neighborhood...and they didn't give up all night and they showed ironton that we have huge holes in our secondary...I wish oak hill nothing but great luck in the playoffs...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ACCBiggz wrote:
ACCBiggz wrote:I think it's almost unrealistic to expect an Oak Hill win, but I think they can look good. I believe in my prediction on the front page: Ironton will put in a workmanlike performance and control the game & win by more than one score. Maybe something like 28-0, 28-7 or similar. Oak Hill won't be in contention to win the game, but they'll get a valuable learning experience as they prepare for the playoffs.
Pretty much went as expected. I think this game benefits Oak Hill just as much as Ironton going forward. Good work from the Tigers who have a bye week to rest and heal before the playoffs begin.

this game was beneficial to both squads, i think as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i had to miss this one unfortunately. we had tickets , gassed up n everything . but the rain kept us away , cause my dad was getting over being sick and was up here, see ya'll in 2 weeks.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="pigskinguru"]Might have been their easiest game of the season... But which starters did they rest that will actually be playing again this year? Lewis is a dynamic running back, but his cornerback skills were pretty unimpressive, as well as most of your secondary. Ironton needs to really sure up their pass defense. Oak Hill had recievers wide up quite a few times. Twice on the same pattern that was run earlier. Might come back to haunt them in the playoffs. Good luck to Ironton in playoffs. Always pull for you to represent southern Ohio well.[/quote]

The starters out last night that will be back for playoffs are Jalen Schweickart, kicker; Tanner Schweickart, FB/LB; and Tanner Dutey, QB.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The next 2 weeks will be a welcomed rest and a chance to really work on the basics.
Ironton is a talented team and I do beleve they have a chance to go far in the playoffs and represent Southeast Ohio well

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

This game ended up kinda the way I thought it would,I did figure Oak Hill would score though.Now lets get healthy and rest up.Also great stadium,atmosphere there is one thing though...I thought it was a crock the way the police acted with writing tickets in the parking lot.People got tickets for parking in the grass(no we never got a ticket)I mean really,If you expect a big crowd have someone park cars.The only black eye on the game.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Yea Hosscat I got one of those but the way it read it was a warning. I am gonna call them Monday and see what it was about. You are right though it was a little silly. There was a huge crowd there and there was no way I was walking that country mile. So I guess if I gotta pay a parking ticket I will and it will be worth it. Great game and congrats to Oak Hill for making the playoffs. Good luck Oaks the rest of the way!!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

thanks to the 37 knuckleheads for voting for the oaks!! never had a real shot to win this......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

proud of the fighting tigers this year, coaching change, amazing schedule, injuries galore. still kept the playoff streak alive.

Return to “Football”