Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Post by Bleeding Red »

As long as nothing unexpected changes these two teams will rematch week 11.

Piketon has one of the better QB's in the area in Brabson. Minford has faced several passing teams this year and the defense has faired pretty well against the pass.

If Minford hits on all cylinders I see them winning. Many people predicted that these teams may face each other in the playoffs after Minford's come from behind win at Piketon earlier this year.

Here it is! Should be a very good game.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Re: Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Post by pigskinguru »

I will take Minford in this one. Soc was better than SVC this year. I don't think it will be nearly as close as the last time.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Looking forward to this rematch!!!! Minford's ground attack vs. Piketon's passing attack. And yes, we have gotten much better against the pass since week 3. Falcon players should be starving for another big win after the heart-breaking loss last night vs. Valley. This time, we have the streaks @ home, and they will ride the home crowd to a Falcon victory.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I look for my Falcons to capture a win against Piketon. I think Minford has done a better job defending the pass and the offense will be hungry after last night's loss. Being the only local area team playing Friday night, Minford should be packed with all kinds of Scioto County Fans.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I think the Minford D is really playing at a high level right now. They held a very good Valley team that was averaging just under 30 PPG to a season low 7 points and 236 yards of offense. That is impressive IMO.

Also the offense is doing well when they don't turn the ball over.

If Minford doesn't turn the ball over and plays defense like they have been they can get a playoff win.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Would this be Friday or Saturday night? Thanks

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

friday

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i got to see the valley/minford game last night. turnovers killed the falcons, they turned the ball over a few times in the redzone. and valley's defense was just too stingy otherwise.i've not seen piketon, minford has a very solid running game, alot of misdirection, and stretch plays to the sidelines.very active qb.from what i saw both valley and minford need to stick a foot in the dirt/turf and turn upfield sooner.kinda late on that a lil. but it was 90 percent running in that game last night.piketon will have to secure the edges, and be ready for play action passes. minford has quick , elusive backs if they get the sidelines.this should be a dandy.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

i saw the first game, it was great i thought these teams were pretty equal should be a great game in Muletown!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

If Minford can hold on to the football, this should be a good win for them.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

How did that pass defense work out for you against the burg?
I expect a very good close game.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

bengalfan76 wrote:How did that pass defense work out for you against the burg?
I expect a very good close game.
I am going to go out on a limb, and suggest that perhaps the 7 turnovers played more of a role in the Burg loss than the pass defense. However I expect a close one as well.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GO FALCONS!!

SOC!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Hopefully Minford can jumped on the Streaks early, then pin their ears back on defense and get pressure on Brabson on every pass. I like Minford's chances in this match-up. Hopefully the Falcons will get the SOC off to a 1-0 start in the playoffs!!

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

IMHO.... If Coach Daniels decides to allow his QB more play action and more passing and less pounding the ball up the middle with his backs, this FALCON team will go VERY DEEP into the playoffs. They have the tools to succeed!!! :122249 This VALLEY fan is back'n you all the way......GOOD LUCK FRIDAY, GO SOC!!!!

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

IMHO.... If Coach Daniels decides to allow his QB more play action and more passing and less pounding the ball up the middle with his backs, this FALCON team will go VERY DEEP into the playoffs. They have the tools to succeed!!! This VALLEY fan is back'n you all the way......GOOD LUCK FRIDAY, GO SOC!!!!-- N4da'score

AMEN to that!!!!!! The passing would make our running game even better. But our defense has gotten much better since week 3, and it will help the team, along with the home crowd, get the first round playoff win.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Agreed it's time to open it up... 2nd and 3, etc are GREAT passing downs.. let it go. As an offense Minford has all the tools, it's time to reach our full potential and I couldn't think of a better time than week 11. I still just don't get not using Parsons at WR, never will.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Im torn on this one. I always pull for the SOC teams especially during the playoffs, but I have a cousin who is a Senior on Piketon. I would like him to finish off high school by getting to face some of the bigger schools.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Get it done, Falcons!!

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Post by Stu Pedasso »

As stated on the Valley/CG thread SOC2 is a "Bear" , 3 teams playing week 11, IMHO Falcons fly to week 12 !!!!!! :-D

Return to “Football”