Tank stadium

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Tank stadium

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Im sure we could get one if say all the DV teams in our are from region 19 got into the playoffs thats West, Valley, Burg, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, and Oak Hill. If all of them made it we might have a shot at a game.
I dont understand yoru comment about living in the past. Just cause some people want to keep grass thats living in the past? I think its being realistic. Using the playoff reason is not being very realistic. You know why Oak Hill and Jackson gets games. Better location for teams. Ironton not in a very good location to host a playoff game.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Jackson and Oak Hill get playoff games because they have turf and they request them. Living in the past, believing we could never host a playoff game and the state would not let us host one.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

OSU I don't live in the past. Just exactly what playoff games could Ironton have gotten in the past two years that wouldn't have been better served in Jackson?

I am for turf but not just playoff games. Playoff games generate very little revenue for the host. I am actuall in favor of hosting all day events, similar to the Ironton classic. Saturday games could also be offered. But alas, I'm living in the past

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If you could do that for football have like and Ironton Classic for football that would be awesome.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

doubleplay643 wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Everyone's loving this Field Turf, but come talk to me when it's time to replace that stuff and your are trying to scrape together another 400K to 750K, 10-12 years down the road.

Good point PolPot, I know Jackson will soon be fighting that battle, their turf put down in 2004 was only projected to last 7 years given that not only football but soccer (frosh, JV, Varsity) and band also use it as well on a daily basis. It is developing some issues I have heard and is being projected at a 250k expense.
I agree with this. Lucasville is probably getting close to the end of that field as well.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

The only playoff games that Oak Hill has hosted have been first round games. I don't know if we have ever applied to host.

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

tigercannon71 wrote:If you could do that for football have like and Ironton Classic for football that would be awesome.
It will be done when money for turf is raised

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I would like to see us keep the grass now that the field is being fixed, should be really nice when this is done.

Let's get a new floor in the Basketball gym...........

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

Grass is a better playing surface, just more expensive in the long haul. I believe the Bengals are the only NFL team outdoors with field turf. I believe that it is becasue pro teams have the fiscal resources to keep them fresh every Sunday. A high school on the other hand typically does not. I have seen a handful of guys running on turf and go down with torn ACL's from doing next to nothing. Not to say it can't or doesn't happen on grass, just less likely. The big benefit with turf is everyone can play on it from biddy league on up. From what i have been told by a pretty reliable source (seeing how he is upthere by the project everyday) that the same guy doing our field is the guy that does the Bellfonte Country Club as well and it will look pretty sharp come football season.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

There was a rumor a while back that a wealthy former Irontonian was willing to put up the remaining money needed for turf if they would add soccer lines to the field so his alma mater(ISJ) could play their home games at the Tank. Kickball on Bob Lutz Field :-D :-D

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

How about asking this person to build Saint Joe a gym which is desperately needed?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and put game clocks on each end of our field.

Return to “Football”