Ohio vs.WV

Rebels on 3
All State

Ohio vs.WV

Post by Rebels on 3 »

I'm sick of hearing people from wv say that wv high school football can compete in Ohio. I talked to a guy from wv that said he thought wahama could beat Gallia academy. The answer to that is hell no. Wahama plays in the worst conference in Ohio. I would almost bet that the best d6 team in Ohio could beat the best AAA team in wv. Here's some facts, Ohio has 3 teams in the top 50 high school teams, 2 of them being in the top 25, Wv has none. Ohio has 7 recruits in the ESPN top 150, Wv has none. So stop with the Wv has good football teams junk.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Ohio vs.WV

Post by C-Bolt »

Not saying WV is better of course not they are smaller in population, but they are usually competitive against Ohio team's head to head overall.This year Ohio won 34-32 in head to head games and last year actually beat Ohio easy 40-28

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Are you really going to count Wahama beating Hemlock Miller? Southern? Belpre? Eastern? As a measure of how WV can beat Ohio schools?

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

On the day that the Mayan Calendar lets us down, we have a winner for the stupidest SEOPREPS post of the year.

1. This Ohio/WV "who is better" argument is stupid, stupid, stupid. Comparing schools by where they are located as opposed to their meaningful characteristics (enrollment, poverty, population density, financial backing of the teams) is stupid tribalism.

Wahama plays Ohio schools that are similar to Wahama.

2. Wahama and Gallia Academy are not similar in the meaningful characteristics. The comparison is meaningless.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

mr.hyde wrote:On the day that the Mayan Calendar lets us down, we have a winner for the stupidest SEOPREPS post of the year.

1. This Ohio/WV "who is better" argument is stupid, stupid, stupid. Comparing schools by where they are located as opposed to their meaningful characteristics (enrollment, poverty, population density, financial backing of the teams) is stupid tribalism.

Wahama plays Ohio schools that are similar to Wahama.

2. Wahama and Gallia Academy are not similar in the meaningful characteristics. The comparison is meaningless.
No one is comparing the two schools. It's the fact that people from wahama think that they can beat Gallia Academy.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If you want to compare ... take the smallest WV champion (Wahama) and put them up against the Ohio champion (Marion Local).

- and do this for the biggest division school as well.

I really don't think any of the WV champions could beat the Ohio state champions ... and this is the case pretty much every year.

Personally I would have liked to see Wahama play another good DVI school in Ohio besides Trimble in week two ... a late season match-up with a team like Shadyside would be very intresting.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

west virgina football.........better??? really? i think someone has taken the brown acid. :122245

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Ohio state champion will beat their top teams 99.9 % but WV is beating more than just TVC if you look at the numbers every year,and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time they play a WV school, but the numbers don't back it up
Last edited by C-Bolt on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

C-Bolt wrote:Ohio state champion will beat their top teams 99.9 % but WV is beating more than just TVC if you look at the numbers every year,and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time but its just not fact
Nicely played. I have to laugh at these guys who get offended by this stuff on both sides of the river. So waht if Wahama people think they can beat GA? Its America. They are welcome to their opinion. The SE Ohio fans should be thinking about how they might actually build programs hat can compete in OHio across the state instead of getting upset over what a fan from Wahama thinks. Maybe then GA could score on that Marshall team that they got waxed by.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I have a great Idea! We are going to two North-South games and a future Big 33 game with Michigan... we should create a "Big 33" B team and play West Virginia and see how it goes!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

C-Bolt wrote:and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time they play a WV school, but the numbers don't back it up
I watched Trimble on numerous occasions this year (including their game versus Wahama) ... and the Trimble team in week 2 resembled nothing of the team that I watched versus Newark Catholic.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

People from WV think the Mountaineers are the greatest college team and could beat Ohio State every year. They are proud of their teams just like we are. I wouldn't really put much into it and arguing with them about it isn't going to convince them. Believe me I have been doing it for years about the Buckeyes and Mountaineers.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The day WVU learns to play defense - is the day I MIGHT give them a shot against OSU ... but since they havn't and don't - I can name at least three other Ohio schools that would probably beat them.

:)

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I think the Ohio Vs. WV argument is silly----Ohio would win almost all the games played between State champions as we should because of the population advantage. It makes more sense to me to talk about individual schools---if you compared the success of Wahama and Hannan over the last 10 or 20 years you'd get a different story from each school. If we only look at Wahama I would bet that Trimble enjoys the same advantage over OH teams that both have played. Wahama has won the last three but I wonder if that will continue? If I was King of the TVC Hocking I'd see that this game was moved to the last league game for both teams. Other teams have won the league in the above mentioned years but, in most years the road to the Title runs through these 2 schools.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Ohio 13 million people , West Virginia around 3 million. West Virginia around 37 AAA Schools, 49 AA and 50 some A schools. Compare that to the number of High Schools competing in Football in Ohio. With the large urban areas in Ohio the odds would be in favor of having a larger talent pool. Having said that I watched Wayne West Virginia in the AA State Championship in Wheeling and they would be a very good DIII football team in Ohio certainly capable of beating a lot of schools in our area of Ohio and going deep into our playoff system. I would not want to have to play them. They have an offensive line that executes very well and a stable of running backs that are good. I have not personally watched Wahama but they must be a pretty good team. Both of those teams would probably give a good account of themselves whoever they were playing in our area of the state and give some teams fits in other parts of Ohio.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

WV AAA = OH Div 3
AA = Div 5
A = Div 6

Weirton Madonna wouldn't make it out any of the D6 regions this year.

What the head to head is between local river rivals is meaningless.

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

The Ohio peeps are just sore losers. They can't get depth in the tourney so they have to tear down everybody else.

Wahama was a strong team.

Maybe the SEO teams need to admit they are more like W.Va. teams than the teams from the civilized parts of Ohio?

Titletown TVC
JV Team

Post by Titletown TVC »

93Bulldog wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:and if you want to compare the TVC Wahama beat Trimble easier than state runnerup Newark Catholic did,people get this idea Ohio wins every time they play a WV school, but the numbers don't back it up
I watched Trimble on numerous occasions this year (including their game versus Wahama) ... and the Trimble team in week 2 resembled nothing of the team that I watched versus Newark Catholic.
Another time tested tradition........each year seops users get on here and say that the Trimble team that Wahama beat was much improved by the end of the season. Then, a few months later, Wahama beats them again. Wahama now leads the series 6 to 3. What no one mentions is that Wahama improves as the year goes on as well. I do however think this is the end of the road for our white falcons. Graduation is killing them and rumor is that several players are considering transferring to Point.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I had the luxury of watching Trimble/Wahama in week 2 .... then I watched Wahama beat Fed Hock 24-6 in week 7 ... then I watched Trimble man-handle Fed Hock 41-8 in week 10.

I can't say for sure if Trimble would have beat Wahama - no matter what week they played in ... I just think Trimble playing Wahama 7 days after their big game with Nelsonville-York isn't ideal for them.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Is there any talk at all of moving Wahama Vs. Trimble to week 9 or 10? I know these 2 won't win the league every year but between them they will have a say in who does. This would be a killer game for the fans of Trimble, Wahama, and the TVC if it were played later.

Return to “Football”