MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Minford Falcons 2013

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

I'm very surprised nobody has started a post yet for next year's Mighty Minford Falcons, but I guess I will start it. Minford is coming off an unexpected playoff appearance in 2012 with almost every starter returning. That means expectations will be extremely high for 2013. If I remember correctly, we only lose (offensively) 1 o-lineman (center), 1 WR, & 1 RB. IMHO, our biggest loss is the WR Farrar. He really came on strong during the 2012 season, and we should have used him even more. In addition, we have no sure player to replace him at this point, although Caleb Clark could be very promising. Our biggest strength should be at the RB postions, b/c there will be a lot of depth. Austin Carter @ FB and Zach Justice and Grant Piguet @ the wings should be the starters, but we will also have Nathan Compton and Aaron Alley behind Carter, and we need to use both of those players @ FB, since Carter will be asked to play physically-demanding positions on both sides of the ball. Defensively, I'm not sure exactly who we lose on that side of the ball besides Farrar, but I think there isn't too many losses there. Our best returning player will be OT/DT Jared McCray, who is being looked at by multiple Big Ten Schools, inlcluding Ohio State. Also, we will have a returning starter @ QB for the first time since 2009. Stapleton has a strong arm for his size, and I hope that the coaches give him all the work that he needs during the offseason, so that he can help this team meet the expectations for 2013.

Any other thoughts???

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Post by Bleeding Red »

They lose Dyer at center, Farrar at WR and DB and Berry at RB and CB.

All three played very well last year. Minford probably had the best corners duo in the SOC II in Farrar and Berry.

The strength of the offense will definitely be the running game behind McCray and the other returning lineman. Carter, Justice and Piquett all have the potential to be explosive backs next year but they do have some big shoes to fill in Berry as he had a tremendous amount of yards and contributed a lot to the offense last season.

Defensively they should be strong at LB but they have to replace both Farrar and Berry at CB. I think the Joyce kid will do a very good job next year. He was a smaller kid but would flat out hit people.

It should be an exciting season with all the returning starters from last year. Plenty of speed in the backfield and a very good line to run the ball behind. It will be interesting to see how Stapleton progresses going into his 2nd and final year at QB. He showed alot of potential last year and started being a big contributor with his feet toward the end of the season. I would expect that to continue and add to the running game next year.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

TTTTT

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

WOW!!! Is there anyone out there willing to speak their mind about the Falcons???

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Look forward to a good season for the Falcons. I think it is still a little early. Come summer time, posts will be crazy.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This is another team from Southern Ohio that seems to be one that has good seasons even when it looks like they could struggle.

I see another good season coming their way in 2013.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I look for the falcons to be a little more dynamic on offense this year. I like what is being said about Joyce on defense, but he needs carries as well, he is a pure speed player.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Farrar, Berry and Howard are alot to lose but Minford should be in the hunt for SOC next year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think a really big surprise will be the Alley boy at LB this year. He really played well as a freshman. Baptism by fire so to speak.

I know Minford will be very talented up front and they should have the skill players to regroup on defense. Offensively Farrar and Berry will be missed as skill players but Carter, Justice, Piquett, Compton and Joyce provide a loaded stable of backs! I wouldnt be surprise to see Stapleton on more designed runs like we saw vs Valley. I dont see many teams matching up with Minford's line. They should be a run oriented offense but I think they will be more balanced with the passing game than we have seen in a Minford offense in a while. I think if they can develop a couple good receivers they will be hard to stop.

Looking at 16-20 seniors next year and 12-15 juniors, most of which have seen significant playing time.

KingoftheCourts
Riding the Bench

Post by KingoftheCourts »

Rumor has it that Kenton Gullion and Brandon Rowe, both basketball players, may play next year. I know Gullion has had some football experience in the past and heard that Rowe played over at Waverly. Any truth?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I heard that Gullion was a heck of a QB when he played. I would have to think he would be a good receiver with his athleticism and hands. Rowe looks like he would be a very good football player.

The more the merrier!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I think the skill set will be similar to the 2009 team that nearly played for the regional title, Fast QB, stable of backs, heavy #'s of upper classmen, veteran defense, etc.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

Hopefully this years team will live up to all the hype..

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

Hopefully it's not embarrassing for us like last year. Losing the first game in playoffs to Piketon? That was really rough. Our kids talked about how they were going to kill Piketon, and got beat. Not so cocky, and dont buy into the hype. we need to play solid wing t football like minford knws how to do.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

you piketon boys keep running those mouths.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

Bandwagoner wrote:Hopefully this years team will live up to all the hype..
agree. The Falcons have a bunch of hype surrounding them!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

little doggy wrote:you piketon boys keep running those mouths.
Exactly, you boys win one playoff game and think you're kings of the world.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Piketon had a very good team last year. They had a very explosive offense and a solid defense. To say they were ready for Minford in the playoff game would be an understatement.

They did however lose a ton of talent while Minford has a large group coming back and will be even better next year.

Piketon made the playoffs once in I believe 16 years and Minford has gone to the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years.

I will take going consistently instead of catching lightning in a bottle and going once in a 16 year period. Not taking anything away from the fine season Piketon had last year, but they wont do it consistently.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

With everyone Coach Daniels has coming back, he should be the favorite to win the SOC and should be able to make a great run in the playoffs

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Still need more balance. At least pass the ball 16 times a game, that's 4 passes a quarter that not asking too much, 4 times a quarter!

Return to “Football”