MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Re: MINFORD FALCONS 2013

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

28Buck wrote:Your still running into districts and conferences in those states. I know we tried for Ashland fairview and a couple other Kentucky teams before we got Grandview Heights. We were lucky to even get that game
This does NOT answer my question(s). I am talking about scheduling better teams in non-conference early in the season (obviously, you can't really fill your conference schedule with out-of-state teams), and then I asked about who we would pick up in the SOC 2. Personally, I believe Oak Hill should move up into the SOC 2. I'm sure that, with the talent comping up the next 3-4 years, that some other good teams in the state would be interested in playing us, so it shouldn't be that hard to fill all the open dates that would be created if Oak Hill would choose to move up.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I like the schedule. Decent non-conference, and more importantly, wheelersburg and valley at home. Those two home games could be big + for Minford.

My Falcons have a good mix of experience coming back for 2013. If they put the work in, and do what Coach Daniels and his staff tell them, they will have a great shot at the SOC II and winning in the playoffs.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

nobody is coming into the conference, so now minford along with everyone else left have to find 6 non - conference games, darn I bet that will be easy :122246

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

little doggy wrote:nobody is coming into the conference, so now minford along with everyone else left have to find 6 non - conference games, darn I bet that will be easy :122246

Do you have a source for that? I would bet that all the teams would like at least somebody to step up and join the SOC 2.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

liking and actually happening are two different things, guarantee all the teams would LIKE someone to join, but it won't be HAPPENING in the near future. Whose gonna come in the conference, portsmouth- not LIKELY gonna occur , oak hill - no way the will move from where they are , so who is it gonna be? hence this is whats HAPPENING in your conference + valley, minford ,wheelersburg, waverly , west in 2014 and so on. so now those school have to find 6 non-conference games , unless they can get some locked in which case some schools have locked in for multiple years, I would bet that none of them will be able or allowed to travel very far away , so you are even more limited in who you can match up with, most of your week 6-10 are schools such as youngstown ursuline or cardinal mooney or winton woods. Valley I dont think has a week 2 yet , scheduling is so easy even a caveman could do it! get a clue AFF :12222

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I'd be willing to bet a whole host of teams would be willing to join the SOC II if given the invite...Portsmouth, GAHS, Jackson and Ironton to name a few. The big question is will an invite be extended to them or another team..

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Any news coming from the weight room?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

i dont see any schools getting a invite to the soc. with the strength of the soc 2 right now i dont think anyone would want to play us every year. i also think that the teams will be better off with what they have left.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

game day wrote:
Vladimir wrote:Saw where OT/DT: Jared McCray was offered a full ride with the Big East and Sugar Bowl champs Louisville. Congrats to him, and hopes he realizes this is his ticket and concentrates on the weight room this spring and summer, instead of baseball, and becomes a football player ready to compete at the major D-1 level.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jared-McCr ... tion=18250

Come on why would a kid not want to play all sports? Playing all kinds of different sports makes kids better in the future. Coaches should encourage kids to play other sports and coaches should work togther to make sure this happens at all levels!!
I disagree, not in this situation, this maybe true for other kids. It's not every year that a BCS championship program make a kid from So.Ohio an offer. The big thing I've notice with McCray is, that he isn't as strong as others his same size, and he'll get a rude awaking at the next level if he's not stronger. He needs to be in the weight room as the football field is where his future is, and it's not swinging a baseball bat.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Vladimir wrote:
game day wrote:
Vladimir wrote:Saw where OT/DT: Jared McCray was offered a full ride with the Big East and Sugar Bowl champs Louisville. Congrats to him, and hopes he realizes this is his ticket and concentrates on the weight room this spring and summer, instead of baseball, and becomes a football player ready to compete at the major D-1 level.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jared-McCr ... tion=18250

Come on why would a kid not want to play all sports? Playing all kinds of different sports makes kids better in the future. Coaches should encourage kids to play other sports and coaches should work togther to make sure this happens at all levels!!
I disagree, not in this situation, this maybe true for other kids. It's not every year that a BCS championship program make a kid from So.Ohio an offer. The big thing I've notice with McCray is, that he isn't as strong as others his same size, and he'll get a rude awaking at the next level if he's not stronger. He needs to be in the weight room as the football field is where his future is, and it's not swinging a baseball bat.

I believe that McCray is concentrating on football and the weights and, thus, knowing where his "bread and butter" will be.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

@CodyLeist: BREAKING: A plethora of #Minford athletes dismissed from teams after weekend arrests, according to sources. More to follow #OHSAA.

Saw this on twitter. How many football players were at this prom party?

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Sounds like a potential mess...first softball an now this

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

What a total waste of tax payer money. With all the drugs and crime in this area is busting a prom party that high up on the law enforcements priority list? What a joke.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Those who host loose the most!

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Plethora? More like 4 athletes suspended for the rest of the season for Baseball. Agreed Fbnut it's not like there are any less pill heads running around stealing property. Lets go bust what 99% of the high school youths are doing that night :roll:

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

fbnut wrote:What a total waste of tax payer money. With all the drugs and crime in this area is busting a prom party that high up on the law enforcements priority list? What a joke.

agreed. especially when law enforcement can go to the four keys motel on any night and bust a group of heroin/pill dealers from detriot and columbus.

sadly, law enforcement probably make side money letting the out of town smugglers do what they do.

when we were in school there were always after prom parties. if there was alcohol, it was in a controlled location where car keys were taken and not given back until the next day.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I should call you guys the next time a kid goes out drinking and I have to put them in a body bag again. It's usually not much of a joke.

It would be my guess that a friend, student went home talking about this party and the possible use of alcohol. I would imagine it would be pretty
easy and quick to sit back off the road and see the drinking going on. The rest is just making a phone call to make the arrest.

This isn't a isolated thing only to Minford. It goes on everywhere. These poor kids just got unlucky. I've done the same thing as a young adult many
times going out with the friends on a Friday night and throwing down a few brews. But to blow it off as a joke is crazy. Then again I've seen the down side of
this stuff more often than the average Joe. As long as everybody goes home safe, it was a good night.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Minford Lift-a-thon is 5/23/13 @ the field house. Big Daddy will be providing the food. Great fundraiser for the football team.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

marshallman wrote:Minford Lift-a-thon is 5/23/13 @ the field house. Big Daddy will be providing the food. Great fundraiser for the football team.

What's the start time?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Prob. 6pm.

Return to “Football”