All State

TVC says no to Jackson and Warren

Post by Logangrad »

Vote was today' and wasn't even close.

Logangrad
All State

Re: TVC says no to Jackson and Warren

Post by Logangrad »

Story will available tomorrow in local media.

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

Warren had 3 votes and Jackson 1. Yes votes that is. NY voted yes for both.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Wow.. I guess I just don't get it. Seems like it would make the league a lot more competitive.. I think a 3 division TVC with the opportunity to play teams in other leagues as non league games would be great. Guess I'm definitely in the minority.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Belpre also voted yes but didn't attend meeting so vote didn't count.

River Valley also didn't show

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well, I think that this pretty much wraps up the sentiments of the TVC schools towards Warren and Jackson. Some long term hard feelings towards both schools result in the proverbial "middle finger" from the vast majority of the TVC with this vote count. Wouldn't be surprised that a number of the voters said "don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you on the way out". Ouch.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Exactly what I expected. Jackson too good in football and Warren too good in all other sports.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I expected this as well.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

http://www.timesjournal.com. Good luck as an independent Jackson.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Neil
Riding the Bench

Post by Neil »

Warren has been proactive and is moving on to bigger and better things in the OVAC. At the end of the day, Warren is better off...IMO.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I have posted this every time this has come up. I am pretty good friends with an AD from a TVC Ohio school. He told me back when this was first proposed (which time!) that Jackson would get 1-2 votes at the most. I saw him at a basketball game at the Convo last week, and he told me the same thing again. He was dead on. As I have stated before, except for having an odd number of teams in the Ohio, he said the members of the TVC are very happy with their league. He said that under no circumstances did the league want to break up into 3 divisions. He also told me that the "powers to be" wanted to draft a letter asking Jackson not to apply anymore. Not sure if this can or would happen. He just said they are tired of having to beat a dead horse over and over.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I doubt a letter asking not to re-apply is needed.

This latest attempt was made after Gallia announced it was leaving for the OVC which sealed the end to the SEOAL. There was probably some hope perhaps that the application would fall on some sympathetic ears and the TVC members would extend an olive branch to Jackson for the kid's sake. That obviously made no difference and you can't fault either party for the decision to apply and the final decision to not accept.

I can't imagine there ever being another attempt, they can save the postage for the letter.

The TVC was the best option for Jackson, it simply was not the best option for their current members and no one can argue with either party's logic. Don't blame either one for doing what was right for them.

If you are a Jackson fan, like I am, it is time for Plan B and to make the best out of a non-optimal situation.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

So does Jackson go to an independent schedule, or can they try to get in the MSL?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Why didn't jackson apply to the TVC in all sports but football?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Ultron wrote:So does Jackson go to an independent schedule, or can they try to get in the MSL?
The problem with independent in football (besides the travel) is the difficulty in scheduling your freshman and JV games. You may scratch and claw and get 10 varsity games when you open your travel radius up, but now you got to go find freshman and JV as well. I think at some point it impacts your program very negatively. Being independent in Columbus or Cincinnati is one thing, being independent in SE Ohio is an entirely different story.

I don't think the SOC II is a viable option due to our school size versus their members and based on what you "hear", so that leaves the OVC and SCOL I suppose. Although we clearly are a travel issue in the SCOL, but far on the outskirts of their current membership. Confident that Plan B (or C lol) is being worked on by our administration.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ultron wrote:So does Jackson go to an independent schedule, or can they try to get in the MSL?

Going independent looks to be the likely option for the football Ironmen. Rejection by the SOC2 and TVC pretty much limits their choices to trying for the MSL or SCOL. I guess Jackson even needs to look at the OVC or SVC to find a home for their non revenue sports.

A side question(s) please, what is Jackson's future enrollment projections? Being D3 in the land of D4,D5, and D6 size
schools is going to be an obsticle to scheduling within the SE district. If Jackson projects to be smaller in numbers in the future, would that cause a change in heart and acceptance by the TVC or SOC?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Omega wrote:A side question(s) please, what is Jackson's future enrollment projections? Being D3 in the land of D4,D5, and D6 size
schools is going to be an obsticle to scheduling within the SE district. If Jackson projects to be smaller in numbers in the future, would that cause a change in heart and acceptance by the TVC or SOC?
If you look at the data here: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Data/F ... lment-Data The 3 classes that determined their current enrollment were 171, 213 and 221. The count to be announced soon will include classes of 221, 223 and 194, so they will be slightly bigger for the next 2 years assuming those kids are still there and the % boys is similar.

Looking beyond that, their class sizes should stay in the 180-190 range, so long term they will be slightly smaller, but still likely D3.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Jackson in the T.V.C. would have made that conference better IMO. Again Southeastern Ohio good ole boys club in full effect. I mean lets think about it, you just had a team in the state championships, why not up the level of competition and get the T.V.C. product better? Getting better is not the status quo in these parts obviously. Good Luck Jackson! The KIDS and the fans deserve better. Now the question is , can Logan, Jackson, and Warren convince another school to come in. Maybe a Marietta?

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Why didn't jackson apply to the TVC in all sports but football?
The vote for all Jackson sports with football was 1-13.
The vote for all Jackson sports without football was 1-13.

Return to “Football”