TVC says no to Jackson and Warren

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: TVC says no to Jackson and Warren

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson and Logan to the SCOL would make a super 10 school league or they could split 5 and 5.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Viking96 wrote:Jackson and Logan to the SCOL would make a super 10 school league or they could split 5 and 5.
Adding Jackson & Logan, then split 5 and 5 (East and West) might work..
It's been very quiet around Logan about everything.. Almost leads me to think they may have something they're waiting for..

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Viking96 wrote:Jackson and Logan to the SCOL would make a super 10 school league or they could split 5 and 5.
Pretty confident the divisions would look like this if Jackson and Logan were both accepted and the SCOL split into 2 5-team divisions:

East Division:
Chillicothe
Jackson
Logan
Miami Trace
Washington C.H.
West Division:
Clinton-Massie
East Clinton
Hillsboro
McClain
Wilmington

US-35 divides the division and it maintains inner-county rivalries although the divisions would be one-sided enrollment wise and Wilmington would probably dominate the West Division in most sports.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Pretty confident the divisions would look like this if Jackson and Logan were both accepted and the SCOL split into 2 5-team divisions:

East Division:
Chillicothe
Jackson
Logan
Miami Trace
Washington C.H.
West Division:
Clinton-Massie
East Clinton
Hillsboro
McClain
Wilmington
US-35 divides the division and it maintains inner-county rivalries although the divisions would be one-sided enrollment wise and Wilmington would probably dominate the West Division in most sports.
First off, Look where Logan is on a map in comparison to the rest of the SCOL. Not going to happen. Second, Court House and Greenfield are very old rivals and they will never separate, especially to bring in two schools Court House has no relationship with whatsoever.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

East Clinton came into the SCOL when the SCOL was going smaller. The SCOL reversed course and went bigger with Chillicothe and Wilmington joining the league. East Clinton, thus, no longer makes sense for the SCOL and will leave once it can find a new home.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

bman wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:

East Division:
Chillicothe
Jackson
Logan
Miami Trace
Washington C.H.
West Division:
Clinton-Massie
East Clinton
Hillsboro
McClain
Wilmington
First off, Look where Logan is on a map in comparison to the rest of the SCOL. Not going to happen. Second, Court House and Greenfield are very old rivals and they will never separate, especially to bring in two schools Court House has no relationship with whatsoever.
WCH and Logan played in the early 90s--over all record is 6/5/1 in Logan's favor

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

That's over two decades ago. Court House is a lot different school today than it was then. It will probably be D4 on the next enrollment count. The SCOL was also dissolving around Court House back then, thus the need for WCH to schedule more games. Obviously that problem doesn't exist today.

And it still doesn't explain away WCH being in another division than an age-old rival like Greenfield under the proposal above to bring in a school WCH has little history against. Makes no sense.

Logan to Court House would be at least an hour and a half. Makes no sense whatsoever for the SCOL. And that's not the worst drive.
Last edited by bman on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Logan's best hope is either the LCL or MSL. No other league will even consider them.

Jackson's best hope is East Clinton leaves the SCOL and the SCOL can't find a better school than Jackson, thus the league brings in the Ironmen.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

bman wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:

East Division:
Chillicothe
Jackson
Logan
Miami Trace
Washington C.H.
West Division:
Clinton-Massie
East Clinton
Hillsboro
McClain
Wilmington
I know where Logan is, it's way out there and it's at least an hour for the closest schools to get there. I feel Circleville and Logan Elm would have better chances of getting in than Jackson and Logan, but the difference is Circleville and Logan Elm are happy where they are right now and probably would stay if they were offered. As for maintaining rivalries, that is where you set up protected cross-division rivalries so if rivals get split (McClain-Court House, Chillicothe-Wilmington, etc.). Gets a 14th game for Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball if they'd schedule like the SHAC playing. Double-round Robin within the division and round robin out of the division, and then your protected rival for the 2nd time. Football would be round robin within the division, your protected rival, and 2 of the 4 out of division opponents and the out of division opponents rotate every year or two.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Can anyone give me a reason why the SCOL would take Logan or Jackson? A lot of people are having fun coming up with these crazy league scenerios. I don't think the SCOL will take either Jackson or Logan. They have no reason to do so. A lot of teams don't get admitted to leagues when they apply. Once in a while leagues will reach out to a team to gage interest. In today's climate, there is a serious issue with athletic budgets. Probably 90% of schools in Ohio are hurting for money, so they aren't going to stress tight athletic budgets to travel 1.5 or 2 hours for league games. Clinton Massie wants to travel to Jackson on a snowy Tuesday night to play basketball? Not gonna happen. I understand why Jackon is scrammbling here. If they have to go independent, their athletic budget will go thru the ceiling. Not to mention the competiton they will have to face. It will be interesting the next few months.

mr.hyde
Riding the Bench

Post by mr.hyde »

I'm afraid Jackson is screwed. None of the local leagues want to let that potential monster into the fold.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan and Jackson would be better off going independent. Area leagues may not want them but I don't think it would be a problem if they schedules them for games outside their league.

No need to schedule game that will get you home late. Plenty of schools to schedule were the two can make most game home before mid-night.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I hope that NY schedules Warren and Jackson in non-conference games in the future. Since NY voted yes for both, I would take that as meaning NY would like to play both schools. NY and Warren have not played each other since 1985. NY and Jackson have not played each other since 1994.
Viking96 wrote:Much respect to nelsonville York. It would be a honor for jackson to play them
Yes let's get this game scheduled. Is anyone working on this?

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

It's official! (According to Paul Boggs, Jackson County Times-Journal) Jackson will not be joining the SCOL! The SCOL decided to remain at 8 teams and won't be expanding. I find it a wise move for the SCOL, but a devastating move for Jackson. Unless something crazy happens in the OVC or SOC meetings (which the dates of the meetings are unknown at this time), Jackson looks to be heading Independent unless they opt to get the SEOAL to expand and get someone to join.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

The OVAC is a REAL conference. Some schools are dual conference schools. It has 5 divisions with around 60 schools. 5A where Warren would be is Parkersburg South, John Marshall, Morgantown, University, Brooke, Wheeling Park, Steubenville, Weir, Indian Creek, and Cambridge. The division champions are determined by point values like the state playoffs. You only have to play 3 OVAC schools, but you'll NEVER win a championship only playing three. One of the problems is that you get Zero points if an opponent you beat defeats a non-OVAC school. I played and coached in this conference and it is very competitive. Warren plays two of the smaller OVAC school this coming season in football and will be lucky if they are competitive in either game. (Union Local-Meadowbrook). Lost to East Liverpool 2 years ago, E.L. went 2-8. Lost to Martins Ferry last year and Meadowbrook 3 years ago (Meadowbriook went 3-7). Very, very competitive league! Parkersburg just resigned for 4 more years in the MSAC and I spoke with Marietta's new high school principal on Sunday and they have NO desire to get back in the SEOAL.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

redandgreen10 wrote:The OVAC is a REAL conference. Some schools are dual conference schools. It has 5 divisions with around 60 schools. 5A where Warren would be is Parkersburg South, John Marshall, Morgantown, University, Brooke, Wheeling Park, Steubenville, Weir, Indian Creek, and Cambridge. The division champions are determined by point values like the state playoffs. You only have to play 3 OVAC schools, but you'll NEVER win a championship only playing three. One of the problems is that you get Zero points if an opponent you beat defeats a non-OVAC school. I played and coached in this conference and it is very competitive. Warren plays two of the smaller OVAC school this coming season in football and will be lucky if they are competitive in either game. (Union Local-Meadowbrook). Lost to East Liverpool 2 years ago, E.L. went 2-8. Lost to Martins Ferry last year and Meadowbrook 3 years ago (Meadowbriook went 3-7). Very, very competitive league! Parkersburg just resigned for 4 more years in the MSAC and I spoke with Marietta's new high school principal on Sunday and they have NO desire to get back in the SEOAL.

What is the back ground of the new Marietta principle?

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

Non-reply
The Principal at Marietta has been the Asst. Principal at the high school for several years now. Not sure but I believe at least 3-4 years.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

redandgreen10 wrote:Non-reply
The Principal at Marietta has been the Asst. Principal at the high school for several years now. Not sure but I believe at least 3-4 years.
He probably went to one of the schools from the league they are in now.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

redandgreen10 wrote:The OVAC is a REAL conference. Some schools are dual conference schools. It has 5 divisions with around 60 schools. 5A where Warren would be is Parkersburg South, John Marshall, Morgantown, University, Brooke, Wheeling Park, Steubenville, Weir, Indian Creek, and Cambridge.
Are you sure that Warren would go in the big school (5A) division and not 4A? I believe the only DIV-size school in 5A is Steubenville and most of the WV schools are DI-equivalent in Ohio.

The 4A division is currently evenly split between DIV & DV schools. Seems to be a more natural fit so I'm wondering if you know for a fact where Warren is going or if you were just speculating.
redandgreen10 wrote:Parkersburg just resigned for 4 more years in the MSAC.
I know they have a 5-year notice deal with the MSAC; did they actually "re-sign" or are they just riding out the agreement (according to the paper, they would have to pay $5000 to exit early)? Have they decided to move on at the end of the 4 years?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Ground Buck wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:I hope that NY schedules Warren and Jackson in non-conference games in the future. Since NY voted yes for both, I would take that as meaning NY would like to play both schools. NY and Warren have not played each other since 1985. NY and Jackson have not played each other since 1994.
Viking96 wrote:Much respect to nelsonville York. It would be a honor for jackson to play them
Yes let's get this game scheduled. Is anyone working on this?
Is Davey working on getting these teams on the schedule? Hopefully we will see both Jackson and Warren on the turf at Dave Boston soon. No way the principal would vote yes for these teams without the "go ahead" from Davey. Why would he let her vote yes unless he wants to play them? So what if the rest of the TVC is afraid of them, we know Davey isn't and the Buckeyes will play anyone, anywhere, any time. So let's get them scheduled.

Return to “Football”