D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

marshallman
Varsity

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by marshallman »

wobycat wrote:I think burg will be more explosive on offense next two years. D line and lbs will be fine but losing the entire secondary will hurt. Burg should be favored in every game next year.
. You lose some great lineman, Burk and your breaking in a new WB. I don't think you can be more explosive or the the coach would have played them over the Senior. West, Minford and Waverly were in rebuilding years most played underclassmen, I look for these teams to be better and more experienced. Ironton is coming back strong too. I don't care what players are coming back when you lose Seniors off a successful season they are the ones who got you there and replacing them is not easy. Davis was the straw that stirred the drink on that offense. He made them what they were.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That's exactly what they said last year. Davis won't be able to play better than may. And he did quite well. Dyer is extremely good. Taller and faster than Davis. If he can get a tough mindset about him, he could be all district. Skilled kids are really good. Offensive line will be the key. They lose 4 of 5.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Talking to some Coldwater people at the game, They said they thought Wheelersburg would be in the middle of the pack in the MAC.

Hard to argue that, Wheelersburg did not give them a game at all.

kodeman419
Waterboy

Post by kodeman419 »

sports junkie wrote:Talking to some Coldwater people at the game, They said they thought Wheelersburg would be in the middle of the pack in the MAC.

Hard to argue that, Wheelersburg did not give them a game at all.

I would definitely take CW, Marion local, minster, and ft. Recovery for sure... Then it's down to St. Henry, Versailles etc with delphos St. Johns falling on hard times... It would be competitive... I recorded the game and watched it again... CW athleticism on the DL and ol was a huge factor... On WB 1st offense play, 2 ol whiffed and missed... Too much speed. Size n power can be greatly beneficial.... If they can hit and sustain their targets

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Post by breadandbutter7 »

the back ups will be ready for next year... besides they got a lot of playing time considering they played the second half of almost every game :lol: :lol:

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Very true lol. Dyer played some second half and all the JV games correct? How well did he play in the JV games? He could be the starter for the next 2 yrs depending on how good the 9 grade QB is.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

How much did the backups play Saturday?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote:How much did the backups play Saturday?
I'll correct it for you. It was Friday. They could have played at the end with the game out of reach, but coach kept his seniors in.
Regardless the point was made that they've seen many varsity games against first teamers.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Sorry Friday.
They didn't play because Coldwater is a class program. They could have scored 50 or 60 but they went for 2 to get to a running clock and ran out the clock.

The Coldwater fans have a right to be arrogant. They play top competition and still win almost every game. Reading the Huddle, they display respect for every opponent no matter the outcome. Wheelersburg fans beat their chest about how great they are and will be for years. Honestly with all the garbage I've read on here since summer, one of the self proclaimed best two D5 teams in the state should of at least put up a fight. Not be running clock early 3rd quarter against any Division 5 team.

Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

Westfan wrote:Sorry Friday.
They didn't play because Coldwater is a class program. They could have scored 50 or 60 but they went for 2 to get to a running clock and ran out the clock.

The Coldwater fans have a right to be arrogant. They play top competition and still win almost every game. Reading the Huddle, they display respect for every opponent no matter the outcome. Wheelersburg fans beat their chest about how great they are and will be for years. Honestly with all the garbage I've read on here since summer, one of the self proclaimed best two D5 teams in the state should of at least put up a fight. Not be running clock early 3rd quarter against any Division 5 team.

Not if #1 is Waaay better than #2.... which is in fact the case... just take note to see who played them closer Burg or CCC... we will know soon enough

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Sport Fan wrote:
lineman7 wrote:Congrats to WB

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.
Valley was not a quality opponent this year it was Jackson.. Valley's front line were not very good this year or last year.. Coldwater would beat any team around here and will win the State yet again this year , even though they have their worst Team in 6 years LOL.. The Burg Team will be a better Team moving forward because of this game... Again The Burg dominated this year every Team in the area..... And earned final 4... And they will again next year....

Who cares? Then what happened once we got out of the region? Mercy ruled?!?! Wheelersburg had a running clock put on THEM for almost the entire second half. Are you kidding me with a statement like that?!?!?!?!?

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Spamoony
Waterboy

Post by Spamoony »

I think what is pissing some of the area fans off the most is the way we have reacted to our A$$ whoopin'... Instead of accusing Coldwater of recruiting, cheating, holding kids back, transfers, breaking rules, bending rules and every other crybaby accusation for Burgs long time dominance in the area..... we are analyzing exactly what Coldwater does or is doing better or different that us so we can incorporate it and try to get better!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

No bigger Burg fan than me, but we will have some work to do next year. Migrating this year's very talented freshman team into some varsity spots next year along with finding out about who will be best suited to run the offense and some other skill spots, will take a few games for all that to shake itself out.

A SOC schedule that is always tough and an out of league schedule that includes Ironton and a Jackson team that from what I understand is the one every one up there has been waiting on. They were a different team at the end of the year than when we faced them in Week 5 and as far as Ironton goes that is always a dangerous Week 1 match-up.

At end of the day though 2016 looks pretty darn good and I like the Pirates chances to repeat as a regional winner.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

People are just jealous of burgs success. But I'm just a keyboard jock. I think burg is exactly where they are supposed to be. Burg coaches are always putting in long hours. They care about the program and the community. I believe they will learn from this and be right back there next year.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

Spamoony wrote: We are analyzing exactly what Coldwater does or is doing better or different that us so we can incorporate it and try to get better!

1) No Soccer
2) offers wrestling as a winter sport
3) plays championship programs in their non-league schedule.
4) disciplined kids

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg has an
wobycat wrote:People are just jealous of burgs success. But I'm just a keyboard jock. I think burg is exactly where they are supposed to be. Burg coaches are always putting in long hours. They care about the program and the community. I believe they will learn from this and be right back there next year.
Some may be jealous but I'm certainly not. Wheelersburg has a fine program and has since Ed Miller went there. It's high school football. You have your ups and downs. Wheelersburg was up this year while everyone outside of Valley, Jackson, and Ironton (before injuries set in) were down. Kids graduate. Things change.
Wheelersburg has good coaching but so do several other schools in the area.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yeah right. Burg has won more SOC than all of the teams combine. I get it, burg wins. I would hate us too but I wouldn't make remarks about getting blown out as us being overrated when your team isn't even getting there. The years valley were on top, burg still had a winning record.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Talent wise the burg will be as good if not better than the previous 4-5 years. The offense has the potential to be very dangerous. The burg returns a lot of kids that saw a lot of playing time and have kids waiting in the wings that are very talented. Time will tell whether all the talent turns into teams that accomplishes as much as the previous teams.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

This thread will never die :lol: :lol:

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

600th Post on this topic... Incredible...

Return to “Football”