Russell ky (7) @ Ironton(35)

Noitall
JV Team

Re: Week 2 : (0-1) Russell ky @ (0-1) Ironton

Post by Noitall »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 am well gang time to move ahead after that loss to what the burg coach thinks might be his best burg team yet. time to move on to the Russell red devils.
I see you keep making a big deal about what burg coach said but for your info he says same thing every year not saying they aren't good because they really are but ,ironton is just not good at all they have absolutely no play makers except carico and he has NO line

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Noitall wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:48 am well gang time to move ahead after that loss to what the burg coach thinks might be his best burg team yet. time to move on to the Russell red devils.
I see you keep making a big deal about what burg coach said but for your info he says same thing every year not saying they aren't good because they really are but ,ironton is just not good at all they have absolutely no play makers except carico and he has NO line
Not sure I've ever heard the burg coach say that
He said it's the strongest fastest team he's had

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton has to put this tragic loss behind them and move forward.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Noitall wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm just telling you what the burg coach, said nothing more, nothing less. he had a quiet confidence about him. and a great respect for his opponent, the same way coach lutz did for many years, about 40 to be exact. I heard coach vass get interviewed as well, and he too gave the burg team plenty of praise, and felt his tiger team could compete. I have no imput into players that ironton have or have access to. I'm just an everyday joe fan. win or lose i'll always be a tiger fan.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

laser breath wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:21 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 pm Ironton could easily start out 0-4 and finish 4-6 if not very careful
If Salyers gets hurt, that's exactly what's going to happen. They've put all their eggs in his basket and now have to live with it.
I was not impressed with Salyers at all

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

laser breath wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:29 pm Well he's a really good transfer. And they've tailored a supposedly "copied playbook" just for him.
So hoe did that work out for him and Ironton?? Sad

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:14 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:15 pm Ironton could easily start out 0-4 and finish 4-6 if not very careful
If Salyers gets hurt, that's exactly what's going to happen. They've put all their eggs in his basket and now have to live with it.
I was not impressed with Salyers at all
Hard to say how good he is. He didn't even have time to breathe let alone set his feet. He's more than likely their best athlete. He might be better suited in a slot or running back where he can create. Reading coverages and throwing the ball isn't as easy as it sounds. But if they put him on the field as a free safety, he's involved in a lot of plays, and can lead to an injury.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

from the way it sounded on the radio. he had his track shoes on all night scrambling for his life. so no you won't get a chance to excel with no blocking.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Salyers is young, give him a chance. I am sure the young man will only get better but I doubt some of the posters on here will get any smarter. Not cool calling out a HS kid.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was just making the observation that it would be hard to evaluate anything about him since I have never seen him. based on the fact he was getting no blocking. I didn't even know his name until now. hard to get a fair shake playing a loaded team and poor execution blocking. if it was me someone was referring to. I'm just glad he didn't get injured. and maybe against a lesser team if he gets better protection he may be more productive. I don't even have any idea what grade he is in. if lisa can get off early enough we want to try to make the Russell game. but I can't drive at night that far by myself. just very locally.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Was not talking about you Bait, not this time :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Oak wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:35 pm 22 positions on Wheelersburg. Realistically how many Ironton players are good enough to start? Very few.

They are completely outmanned. As an example, the first touchdown was good defense. Holden was just better.
and about 8 inches taller :o He's a good one that's for sure.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Lets go Fighting Tigers, keep your heads up. The season is young, lets regroup and have a good week of practice.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS...........

softballfan2112
Riding the Bench

Post by softballfan2112 »

Gotta hope the Tigers win this one. Another week with the new offense, and an opponent not named Burg, and we will get to see what we can do. That was a tough week 1 matchup. Big play after big play. I don't know a lot about Russell except they lost in OT to Greenup. How good is Greenup this year?

timbo5252
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo5252 »

Well it's back to the drawing board, last week was just plain bad, time to regroup tigers, not sure about Russell but I doubt there as good as the burg is. It's not time to throw in the towel yet, good luck this week tigers

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm I was just making the observation that it would be hard to evaluate anything about him since I have never seen him. based on the fact he was getting no blocking. I didn't even know his name until now. hard to get a fair shake playing a loaded team and poor execution blocking. if it was me someone was referring to. I'm just glad he didn't get injured. and maybe against a lesser team if he gets better protection he may be more productive. I don't even have any idea what grade he is in. if lisa can get off early enough we want to try to make the Russell game. but I can't drive at night that far by myself. just very locally.
Gage Salyers is a Sophomore, if O-line does it's job, we will show you what he can do.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:23 pm
Im not gonna lie i have no idea who your talking about. I was not even at the game. Lol but just reading and looking at their oppenents it could be a long year..

win's
gallia
south point
maybe rockhill
and a toss up with fairland
I am not so sure about putting the Blue Devils in the win column just yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:18 pm Was not talking about you Bait, not this time :lol:

okay dutch, thanks a heap.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

flash wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 pm I was just making the observation that it would be hard to evaluate anything about him since I have never seen him. based on the fact he was getting no blocking. I didn't even know his name until now. hard to get a fair shake playing a loaded team and poor execution blocking. if it was me someone was referring to. I'm just glad he didn't get injured. and maybe against a lesser team if he gets better protection he may be more productive. I don't even have any idea what grade he is in. if lisa can get off early enough we want to try to make the Russell game. but I can't drive at night that far by myself. just very locally.
Gage Salyers is a Sophomore, if O-line does it's job, we will show you what he can do.

thank you flash.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Im not gonna lie i have no idea who your talking about. I was not even at the game. Lol but just reading and looking at their oppenents it could be a long year..

win's
gallia
south point
maybe rockhill
and a toss up with fairland
I am not so sure about putting the Blue Devils in the win column just yet.
It was no disrespect to gallia. Just at this point ironton may take them

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi

Return to “Football”