THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope this league gets really competitive in football.

did any ovc teams have coaching changes this year besides Portsmouth.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Yes South Point and Fairland are interviewing coaches.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Where is Gallipolis on Ironton's or anyone else's schedule for that matter? With Wheelersburg, Jackson, and Russell on the schedule Ironton will be just fine in D-5, and Gallia will help once added. If Ironton drops 2 boys as mentioned before and goes D-6 with these teams, they'll be just fine with a 7-3 season, but should always no less than 9-1.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It would have been better for all if Ironton and Portsmouth were allowed into the league in all sports, but football. Really all these teams are playing for 4th place behind Ironton, Portsmouth, and Coal Grove. Coal Grove has 3rd locked up with the Tigers and Trojans competing for 1st and 2nd. Unless something changes a few of these schools might drop football within 10 years. If you think teams are having trouble getting players out now what do you think getting killed in league play year after year is going to do for the numbers.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

tigercannon71 wrote:It would have been better for all if Ironton and Portsmouth were allowed into the league in all sports, but football. Really all these teams are playing for 4th place behind Ironton, Portsmouth, and Coal Grove. Coal Grove has 3rd locked up with the Tigers and Trojans competing for 1st and 2nd. Unless something changes a few of these schools might drop football within 10 years. If you think teams are having trouble getting players out now what do you think getting killed in league play year after year is going to do for the numbers.
I agree with some of what you say, but you are saying that gallia academy will never beat ironton or portsmouth? To be independent in football has shown ironton that it is hard to get 10 games every year. The kids definitely want to play 10. Playing for 4th is ridiculous. Ironton will have some down years, portsmouth isnt anything special even though they will be very competitive next year. Coal grove was aweful in the 2000's, all schools have ups and downs. To say ironton wins the first 9/10 years is possible, then i see it leveling out. Maybe 6/10. Ironton would not have won the last 4 or so MSOVC's, and that combined with ironton now in the same league we will see if there are as many transfers as usual.

I do agree ironton will dominate at first, but it will level out "to some extent".

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

1. I didn't put GA in because I was just talking next year. When they come in they will fight for the top 3 spots with Ironton and Portsmouth.
2. MS championships don't matter its what happens at the high school level that counts. Ironton will win the lions share of titles. There will be transfers because why play on a 4th place team or lower if you're a good player. Go play at Ironton so you can win an OVC title in football. That's what its going to end up being.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

Am I mistaken that just last year, fans were predicting the end of Ironton football as we know it. Even if they beat everyone in the OVC that's only 6 wins. Has there been a Lazarus moment in Ironton that we are now predicting 9 - 10 wins every year?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I was just curious, I saw this a while back. but don't know where I saw it.
does anybody have enrollment of males only in the ovc school districts including ironton, Portsmouth, and gahs. I know they don't begin until next year. I was just curious.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I was just curious, I saw this a while back. but don't know where I saw it.
does anybody have enrollment of males only in the ovc school districts including ironton, Portsmouth, and gahs. I know they don't begin until next year. I was just curious.

You could look it up on the OHSAA website......

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

GA will be the biggest with 58 more boys than SP(all 4 grades). portsmouth 5th ironton 6th. Portsmouth will jump to 4th this summer.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I was just curious, I saw this a while back. but don't know where I saw it.
You could look it up on the OHSAA website......
Here is the link to the latest enrollment figures for OHSAA schools. You will have to search for the schools individually however. It will probably be updated in late May this year for the 2015-16 and 2016-17 school years.

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/hsenroll13.htm

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thanks, after church i'll check this out, just curious.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I looked it up after church.
ironton-162
Portsmouth -187
gahs-253
coal grove -140
rock hill-189
south point-209
Chesapeake-176
fairland-202

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Wow Ironton and Coal Grove are two smallest yet they dominate the rest.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it really surprised me cannon.

and go bucks.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

tigersbait mi good cusun Roy tells me that coach hass done ordered ironton a delux giant trophies case for them tigers being in the ovc. is that true? said them tigers goin bring hom that ovc trophy every year fore many years in a long time what do I think? i think coach hass is right the future is as brite as one of them trophies for iron ton in this league

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

Sounds like no one should even show up if they ever play Ironton. The Ironton cockiness begins

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ovc football is a joke

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHO ARE SOME OF THE YOUNG'UNS FROM THE OVC TO BE MOVING ON AND PLAYING FOOTBALL AT THE NEXT LEVEL. I'D BE INTERESTED TO SEE. AND CONGRATULATIONS TO ANY OF THEM THAT ARE.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Does anyone know right off when a OVC team beat Ironton in football?

Hope the OVC puts a lot more into their football programs now that the Tigers are there.

Return to “Football”