SEOPS Hippo

Re: THE NEW LOOK OF THE NEW OVC 2015

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TRUE NUFF FIDO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OVC SCHOOLS TONIGHT, PLAY HARD, PLAY SMART, BE CLASSY, AND STAY SAFE.

AND IRONTON IS STILL THE ''MILLION DOLLAR MARCHING BAND''---------NOT THE PRIDE OF SOUTHEASTERN OHIO. OR WHATEVER THEY CALLED THEM.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Cpeake740 wrote:OVC winners will be Coal Grove, Portsmouth, and Chesapeake
Rock Hill , Portsmouth and ?

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Standings after Week 4

Rock Hill 1-0 (3-1)
Portsmouth 1-0 (2-2)
Coal Grove 1-0 (1-3)
Ironton 0-0 (0-4)
Chesapeake 0-1 (3-1)
South Point 0-1 (1-3)
Fairland 0-1 (0-4)

This is going to be a fun season to watch!

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

The OVC is definitely going to be a wide open, anybody could win it kind of year....

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

pope_snoopdog_the_1st wrote:The OVC is definitely going to be a wide open, anybody could win it kind of year....
Agree. Ironton is still the favorite for me. Next week will tell a lot now that portsmouth beat fairland handily. I cant imagin anyone going undefeated in conference this yr.

Ironton, RH, Portsmouth are the contenders and dont count out chesapeake just yet.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

Fairland was ahead 7-6 at halftime. It was a closer game than the final score indicated. Still a good win on the road by the Trojans. Next week will be big.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OVC ACTION THIS FRIDAY;
CHESAPEAKE AT VINCENT WARREN
FAIRLAND AT SOUTH POINT
PORTSMOUTH AT IRONTON
COAL GROVE AT ROCK HILL

Grove4Life
Riding the Bench

Post by Grove4Life »

I would like to say Coal Grove is still in the mix, and maybe they are but there was just something off about the offense against South Point. We looked slow and just not into the game, I could be wrong on this but the offense is the problem with this team, the defense has gotten better and is playing pretty good right now. I just think the offense needs a little more enthusiasm to it. I don't know if it is play calling or what by against the Pointers last week the Grove's offense looked and played like they had somewhere else they would have rather been.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

I just don't know what will happen over the next few weeks, but this weekend should show a little more. However, one thing is clear that consistency will be the key to winning this title.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE HENRY THIS WILL BE A VERY INYERESTING WEEK INDEED

can ironton put up a win or do the Trojans take the tigers down
can Chesapeake rebound after their loss
can rock hill continue to hold up the ovc lead
and can the grovers get on track
and can the ovc make any noticeable strides towards stability and playoff contenders.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

I have to say this is the most interesting the OVC has been in quite a while.....and it will only get better next year when Gallia joins the fray....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I AGREE SNOOP

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

EVERYBODY WANTS A PIECE OF THE 2 NEWBIES NOW. GONNA GET WILD.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:EVERYBODY WANTS A PIECE OF THE 2 NEWBIES NOW. GONNA GET WILD.
True, and there are some tried and true rivalries that will get more attention due to the expanded Conference.

Rock Hill/Coal Grove & Portsmouth/Ironton are two traditional rivalries that will be marquee games for the conference just this week.

I'm looking forward to some new rivalries that will develop over time between all of the schools. What I can feel developing is a sense of mutual respect for each school in the conference. Yes, every school has its sport or sports that it excels at, but I am finding that folks from each school are learning that underestimating an OVC opponent in any sport can result in a loss for your school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

true nuff.

bd452
Waterboy

Post by bd452 »

pope_snoopdog_the_1st wrote:I have to say this is the most interesting the OVC has been in quite a while.....and it will only get better next year when Gallia joins the fray....
Gallia Academy is well on their way to an 0-10 season and they might be one of the weakest programs in SEO. How does adding a weak team make things better?

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

bd452 wrote:
pope_snoopdog_the_1st wrote:I have to say this is the most interesting the OVC has been in quite a while.....and it will only get better next year when Gallia joins the fray....
Gallia Academy is well on their way to an 0-10 season and they might be one of the weakest programs in SEO. How does adding a weak team make things better?
Coal Grove and Chesapeake will get some points for beating a Div 3 school. but other than that it wont help much. Their other programs are pretty good though.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

There is so much more to a conference than just the football programs. The geography, scheduling, for all sports factors into the benefits for each school.

The new makeup of the OVC is so strong not because the football teams at the schools are all great (they are not), but because it makes sense from an economic standpoint. When games are close enough for Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles to go to, then gate receipts go up coupled with lower travel expenses for all sports starts to add up.

This in the long run will benefit each school's athletic department, which with proper planning and sound fiscal practices will improve schools facilities, coaching, and in turn will make it much more appealing for kids to come out and play for their school. This will lead to a better product in all sports for the conference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

bd452 wrote:

bd these things run in cycles. the ovc will be lesser opponents than who Gallia academy is playing and should result in better records. the jury is still out as far as affecting playoff readiness. right now the whole ovc needs to step it up. I was all against this when the talks began. now I'm all in, and think it was pretty genius at this point. and it will be amazing in all other sports as well. frankly I think we'll start seeing more kids come out.

Return to “Football”