Final from the Shoe
Division Vl

Minster 46
Kirkland 42

n4sir
Freshman Team

Re: Divison Vl State Championship

Post by n4sir »

Anyone know why the OHSAA does not use official review in the championship games? The refs clearly blew that call of an illegal forward pass at a very crucial time in the game?

art08
Waterboy

Post by art08 »

Check where the quaterback threw it and where the receiver caught the pass. It was forward making the play illegal. The receiver stepped back after catching it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

N4sir wrote:Anyone know why the OHSAA does not use official review in the championship games? The refs clearly blew that call of an illegal forward pass at a very crucial time in the game?
I thought the samething.The ball was on the main yard line and the receiver touched the ball on the mark behind the line of scrimmage.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

It definetly was a backward pass. Even the announcers thought so. The replay clearly shows it was a backward pass. The refs really blew that call

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I will look at it again, have it saved on DVR but I am certain it was a backwards pass.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bad call but was not why they lost. Minister wanted it more. Outplayed them.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

wobycat wrote:Bad call but was not why they lost. Minister wanted it more. Outplayed them.
Agreed. Kirtland could've and should've won but Minster just wanted it more and made the plays when they needed to.

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

I never tried to make the point that officiating cost the game. It was however a blown call at a very, very crucial time. I simply wondered why OHSAA does not use replay in today's day and age?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Never implied you did.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

N4sir wrote:I never tried to make the point that officiating cost the game. It was however a blown call at a very, very crucial time. I simply wondered why OHSAA does not use replay in today's day and age?
I thought I heard them say that it would be implemented next season in the state championship games

n4sir
Freshman Team

Post by n4sir »

nutronron2012 wrote:
N4sir wrote:I never tried to make the point that officiating cost the game. It was however a blown call at a very, very crucial time. I simply wondered why OHSAA does not use replay in today's day and age?
I thought I heard them say that it would be implemented next season in the state championship games

Thanks. It only seems to make sense. Now, I have another question. What is all the talk of Catholic/Private schools having a huge advantage over public schools? Do private schools play by a different set of rules? If I understand some of what I am hearing it has to do with recruiting or transfers? Can someone feel me in on this? Thanks in advance.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

N4sir, take the div. 3 game between Athens and Toledo Central Catholic. Athens has a roster of 40 boys out of 297 in the school. TCC has a roster of 100 out of 375. Out of TCC's 100, how many pay to go there and how many are on scholarship because of athletics? I imagine they give academic scholarships as well, but I wonder how many scholarships they give to kids just because?

Return to “Football”