bishop Hartley state semi.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Re: bishop Hartley state semi.

Post by siderman57 »

run n shoot 08 wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:Where is the guy who acted like Hartley could beat anyone in the state by 40???

Run and Shoot nowhere to be found...
Actually he's right here. Hartley played hard and had a chance to win it in the end. Pretty impressive considering they were without two first team all Ohio players and turned the ball over two times. Hartley had nothing to hang their heads about, but you can't win in week 14 when you turn the ball over. Great season by Hartley!

And Hartley will be better next season, along with playing most likely the toughest schedule in the state. Even tougher than this year.

I recall you saying in a past thread, Injurys , the refs not calling holding , etc. is part of this game, ajust and quit making exuses and find a way to win....

I guess that still does not apply now huh?? I stated in a past thread that Hartley has a weakness and that was their defense and I was correct...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Birdofprey wrote:Could you or FC Fan remind us about the racial aspect of the voucher program. You know, how it favors minorities. That's really the tub for you isn't it. You should call Mike Winters and voice your concern about educating under privileged students. You wouldn't want to call Brad Burchfield.
Why did you bring race into this?

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:
Birdofprey wrote:Could you or FC Fan remind us about the racial aspect of the voucher program. You know, how it favors minorities. That's really the tub for you isn't it. You should call Mike Winters and voice your concern about educating under privileged students. You wouldn't want to call Brad Burchfield.
Why did you bring race into this?
Is that the best you got? Your stock-in-trade is to use message boards to insult Hartley football through innuendo.

“The Hawks could be better in all depends on how well they use the voucher programs to bring in some more to notch athletes.” A reasonable interpretation is: Hartley’s success depends on voucher programs to have top notch athletes. Let me put it together for you: voucher programs + top notch athletes = newarkcatholicfan’s state of mind.

Your voucher program comment comes out nowhere on a tread titled, “bishop Hartley state semi”. I recall your sidekick FC Fan pointed out on another message board that vouchers disproportionately favor minorities or something to that effect. You frequently make provocative statements and grouse when called on them. If you don’t like being challenged on your innuendo directed at Hartley, I would suggest you refrain from making provocative statements toward Hartley. I could care less what you have to say about any other school, their student body, athletes, coaches, or administration.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

The Hawks use the voucher program better than any team in Central, Ohio.

Without it do you really think they would be playing at the level they do?

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

newarkcatholicfan, I intended to comment about, “Really the race card?”, but it seems to have disappeared.

I don’t know what motivates you to make comments about Hartley. All I know is that it is consistent and tiresome across multiple message boards. I don’t know if you are a racist or not. Some of your comments related to BHHS involve overtones that candidly invite the thought. You could be some old guy that likes to banter with other posters and best way to find a respondent is to be provocative. You’re the only one that can know what’s in your heart and mind when it comes to comments about Hartley. It's fairly clear you think their success is not a product of excellent coaching and hard work in the off season. Your view is top notch talent comes with a voucher and that top notch talent really belongs to taxpayers of failing public schools.

What specific knowledge do you have about voucher programs and Hartley that leads you to believe Hartley would not play at the level they do without the programs? Educate me on your knowledge. It’s your burden to support your statements. It could very well be you are involved in approving vouchers that are issued. Or maybe a family member shares that type of information with you. Maybe you know the circumstances of every Hartley student athlete. It would also be helpful to acknowledge Hartley has a fine academic program (its only real purpose) that complies with OHSAA eligibility standards. Your comments, in my opinion, disparage Hartley and its mission on a consistent basis just as you disparage another catholic school and their football program that you are not affiliated with. If you can’t be positive in a straightforward way about certain successful parent funded schools around central OH, keep it to yourself.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I deleted the race card thing because it was already insinuated that is what I meant, and I quickly put that fire out.

Since you seem to have read so many of my post on the Hawks, why didn't you bring up where I stated they were very well coached and I applauded them for using the voucher program so well?

There is a very good discussion on the catholic/Public school going on, on yappi.com.

I am sure your knowledge could be used there.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Run and Shoot nowhere to be found...[/quote]

Actually he's right here. Hartley played hard and had a chance to win it in the end. Pretty impressive considering they were without two first team all Ohio players and turned the ball over two times. Hartley had nothing to hang their heads about, but you can't win in week 14 when you turn the ball over. Great season by Hartley!

And Hartley will be better next season, along with playing most likely the toughest schedule in the state. Even tougher than this year.[/quote]

I recall you saying in a past thread, Injurys , the refs not calling holding , etc. is part of this game, ajust and quit making exuses and find a way to win....

I guess that still does not apply now huh?? I stated in a past thread that Hartley has a weakness and that was their defense and I was correct...[/quote]

Apparently you have trouble with reading and comprehension. I said you can't win in week 14 when you turn the ball over. Injuries are part of the game. Just because I mentioned Hartley had two first team all state players out for the game, doesn't in any way mean I was making an excuse. Hartley lost because of two turnovers, not injured players. It's a fact.

Thanks for playing.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I deleted the race card thing because it was already insinuated that is what I meant, and I quickly put that fire out.

Since you seem to have read so many of my post on the Hawks, why didn't you bring up where I stated they were very well coached and I applauded them for using the voucher program so well?

There is a very good discussion on the catholic/Public school going on, on yappi.com.

I am sure your knowledge could be used there.
I could be mistaken but I dont think that Hartley has as many voucher students as Desales or Ready. Yet they are beating them both.

Interesting that FC and NC fan frequently point to this as to their reason for success, yet no one else does. We all get that FC and NC fan dislike Hartley. That point is clear. I dont know if they got a parking ticket outside of the school or were denied admittance. Its puzzling to see their strong distain for one school, but no doubt it exists. FC fan supports a school that will not exist 5 years from now. Every time NC fan posts something, the NC faithful and administration cringe. I know that that the real NC people despise NC fan and have confronted him. They have to constantly tell people "HE HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH NEWARK CATHOLIC! HE DOES NOT REPRESENT US IN ANY WAY!" They are angry and bitter people. Feel pity for them.

Hartley has not been near as successful in any other boys sports as they have in football, so one might be led to believe that any voucher system that pumps athletes into the school really isnt accurate. Maybe Hartley just has a great football program. Really good players that play hard. That might be too easy of an explanation. I guess, point being, if you are going to applaud Hartley for something, I dont think the voucher system would be completely accurate, but I understand that would go against your intention or bitterness.

If you follow Hartley on social media, they list the grade schools in which the students come from. Overwhelming majority of the students come from Catholic Feeder Schools.

FC and NC fan should save their hatred for Hartley till next year. The Hawks will be loaded in 2015. They were very young this year, and have a great team coming back, and the boards will need your forces joining together against the Hawks!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I posted when Franks and I had a conversation.

I even posted that I allowed him to say his piece and I was yes sir even when he walked away mumbling and pretending he did not know me.

I look forward to see the new incoming Hawks voucher additions for the football team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

One thing I do know is, when kid's have to practice all year against regional champs they have a good chance of repeating that themselves.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Return to “Football”