#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by bigblue allday »

Let the talk begin

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Re: #1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by bigblue allday »

Cats better have a better offensive plan this week maybe throw the ball more

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Shadyside and Caldwell had 4 common opponents that I noticed. Shadyside won against Bridgeport in an early season match-up, 49-14. Caldwell won in a late season match up, 42-13. Since Offenses typically take longer to get rolling, I'll give Shadyside a slight edge in that game. However, if my memory serves me right, the late season Caldwell win was in rain (if it was raining there at that time). Caldwell beat Monroe Central 20-19 in mid-season AT Monroe Central, while Shadyside won an early-season matchup against them 21-0 AT Shadyside. With the same seasonal factor applied (ever-so-slightly), and ignoring the venue, that also indicates an advantage for Shadyside. Next, 50-0 was the Shadyside-Bealsville score, While Caldwell won 64-14. Both games were at home for Shadyside, and Caldwell. I'd call that even. Last, the Shenandoah match-up had a 48-0 vs. a 39-6 Shadyside advantage in MOV. In three of the games mentioned, Shadyside scored more, and their defense allowed less in all four.
With that said, my heart is with Trimble, but they're going to need a turnover, or some other edge to win by more than 7. Indications are that Shady is every bit as good, if not slightly better than Caldwell. However, Caldwell didn't make many mistakes in the Trimble game, except for failing to take advantage of a couple of Trimble's weaknesses. Caldwell didn't lose any fumbles or interceptions (but the INT was close!), and Trimble was penalized more. That could be the difference! Should the Shadyside live up to the reputation of their line, I could see them winning in a 28-14 'ish game. In a positive light, I can also see a scenario which enables my Cats to win in similar fashion. Sometimes it's just the timing of the play, and the bounce of the ball making the difference. Just like last night.
I want the Cats TO- GO- ALL- THE-WAY!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It will be interesting to see the gameplan

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After watching Shadyside last night my thoughts on them.

They are really strong on the lines and their QB is much better than last season at running the offense.

They defend as well as any team I have watched all season and they will knock your head off especially on special teams.

They throw enough to keep you honest and again the QB I.M.O. throws the ball better this year.

I think going to a hurry up/no huddle offense is the way to go against them along with blitzing like mad.

I.M.O (which means nothing)
You can throw short over the middle passes against them and some short outs.

They defend the run really well and they cover the deep ball as well.

Another match up where I like both teams and both have great/nice fans.

Good luck to both and safe trip for all headed to the game.

I am guessing New Lex/Zanesville/New Philly or Thornville is where this one will be played.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

As a fan, I really liked the venue at New Lex. Very intimate, scenery was cool, atmosphere is unique.

As a media person - it was a little tough to call a game - not a lot of room due to small press box.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

Im hearing game is played at meadowbrook

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Trimble is my favorite team in all SE Ohio. I'm afraid this may be the end to the run. Shadyside is the real deal this year. I'll go with Shadyside by 2 scores but my heart is so hoping Trimble moves on. Great school, community, kids and pride. It doesn't matter if they are 10-0 or 2-8 their fans follow them and fill the stadium no matter what, unlike others local schools that only jump on the band wagon when they are winning. Tomcat pride.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

TTomcat99 wrote:Im hearing game is played at meadowbrook
Yes it is.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I remember Shadyside and Newark Catholic playing there a long while back.

I do not remember it being turf back then.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

My prediction is this............... Trimble does the same as they always do, they will find a way to win.

The coaching staff at Trimble is first class all the way. They will put the boys in position to win. Phil never takes the credit and always takes the blame. That guy is one heck of a coach.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Game will be played in Byesville.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

danicalifornia wrote:Game will be played in Byesville.
Correct at Meadowbrook High School.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

For Trimble Fans. In comparison to St.Clairsville, the site Trimble played BWR last season. Not as large or nice.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

athens78 wrote:Trimble is my favorite team in all SE Ohio. I'm afraid this may be the end to the run. Shadyside is the real deal this year. I'll go with Shadyside by 2 scores but my heart is so hoping Trimble moves on. Great school, community, kids and pride. It doesn't matter if they are 10-0 or 2-8 their fans follow them and fill the stadium no matter what, unlike others local schools that only jump on the band wagon when they are winning. Tomcat pride.
Who are you referring to?
The Alexander faithful who just a few years ago made it into the Play-Offs and had great fans support them?
The Nelsonville-York faithful who shut down the Town every Friday Night to support their Buckeyes?
The Athens Faithful who have come out in full force, making trips to Watkins Glen, Zanesville, Fairland, and Stuebenville in Regular Season Games and have done nothing but support the Bulldogs during the Play-Offs making trips to Columbus, Zanesville and Logan.

YOU, are what is wrong with this Country...
ATHENS COUNTY has supported each other BETTER than any Area in the State...
Do You say anything factual?

Ex: Logan did not put in to host any Play-Off Games this year.
TRUTH: Athens is playing at Logan this Week.
Result: You have no clue what you are saying.

GO TOMCATS, GO BULLDOGS!
Keep Shutting Anti-Athens78 Up!

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

Watched shadyside this year early on and watched Trimble last night.I have to go with cats in this one.I believe they will stay a td ahead through out the game..tigers have athletes obviously but you contain the qb which won't be easy and you have them beat ..( if your Trimble) they have good hb and a lot of team back from last year..Jenkins w big game IMO..21-14 replay of last yeAr...

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

By the way meadowbrook is located in byesville Ohio...great stadium just went to turf 1 or 2 years ago .I'm bout 15 min away will watch this go down..hope both teams stay safe n smash mouth football

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to a very fine trimble squad.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

athens78 wrote:Trimble is my favorite team in all SE Ohio. I'm afraid this may be the end to the run. Shadyside is the real deal this year. I'll go with Shadyside by 2 scores but my heart is so hoping Trimble moves on. Great school, community, kids and pride. It doesn't matter if they are 10-0 or 2-8 their fans follow them and fill the stadium no matter what, unlike others local schools that only jump on the band wagon when they are winning. Tomcat pride.
We know who you are talking about since you have made ridiculous post that Athens stands have been half full
Funny how at Zanesville Athens had as many fans as Tri Valley of curse you wouldn’t know that since there not your favorite team and you weren’t there
For over 7 years I have been taking photo of family members playing ball at Athens and I can show you pics of full stands at the games.
I feel sorry for Trimble that you have decided they are your favorite team you’ll start bad mouthing them soon. Oh Waite you just did said they won’t win
Said Athens will lose by 14 to DeSales.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Sorry Trimble got off track Good luck (don't think you will need it) Athens Fans know you will do it .then on to state

Return to “Football”