#4 Athens (11-0) vs #1 Tri Valley (11-0) - week 12

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #4 Athens (11-0) vs #1 Tri Valley (11-0)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Taking out the turf talk.

Lancaster should get this one.

If not then perhaps Lick Valley, who has turf.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

seoconstruction wrote:Should have this game at Logan and desales vs Jackson at Ohio u

Jackson at DeSales will not happen at Ohio University. DeSales has been there done that, with their 60 fans. Many places can hold that game, as only one team will have fans.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I still think the Jackson vs DeSales game will be at Logan with Athens vs Tri-Valley at Zanesville or Sheridan.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Despite their lack luster performance last night, I still believe Tri-Valley is the team to beat in this region. I think they may have got caught looking ahead to this weeks game and maybe overlooked New Philly a bit but I certainly don't think they will play bad two weeks in a row.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:I still think the Jackson vs DeSales game will be at Logan with Athens vs Tri-Valley at Zanesville or Sheridan.
agree on jackson at loagan but Zanesville to close to Dresden (13miles) and Stuebenville and MF might be there i think Athens and TV might be at Reynoldsburg

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

I saw that Tri valley Logan game in 07 live ! Tri valley totally out coached a very good Logan team that ppl thought could win the region. Tri valley plays playoff football , they throw it all at you and don't think twice about taking chances.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

athens by 13

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ATHENS BULLDOGS, AND GOOD LUCK AGAINST TRI-VALLEY.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

If some think Lancaster - but Lancaster has no turf - then drive a few more miles and play at Pickerington.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

Gahanna would be an option. In terms of drive time, 57 minutes for TV and 1:07 for Athens. Between The Plains and Gahanna High School, there are 5 traffic lights and 99% 4 lane. Trust me on that.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

It seems there are a lot of playoff games next week that have similar match-ups geographically. It will be interesting where everyone is assigned. Jackson vs DeSales will need a venue in between. Valley and Grandview is in a similar situation. I've seen Marion-Franklin vs Steuby will most likely be at Zanesville, which takes that stadium out of the equation. Beechcroft vs Maysville also needs a neutral location. Athens and Tri-Valley need a place.

I would not be shocked if they send Athens and TV north to play somewhere near central Ohio. I like Sheridan, but I watched Trimble vs NC there two years ago and it just doesn't seem big enough. Not to mention its an MVL school, which I'm not sure if that plays into the decision making or not.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

DeSales v Jackson could be at Athens or (God forbid) Nelsonville. I can drive from the Easton area of Columbus to Athens in my sleep and probably have a few times.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Looking at the statewide match ups next week, this game could be a Hamilton township game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Birdofprey wrote:DeSales v Jackson could be at Athens or (God forbid) Nelsonville. I can drive from the Easton area of Columbus to Athens in my sleep and probably have a few times.
It won't be at Athens! We will be playing the same night and I can guarantee nobody will be there to work the game.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

93Bulldog wrote:
Birdofprey wrote:DeSales v Jackson could be at Athens or (God forbid) Nelsonville. I can drive from the Easton area of Columbus to Athens in my sleep and probably have a few times.
It won't be at Athens! We will be playing the same night and I can guarantee nobody will be there to work the game.
Nelsonville is too small for a d2 game. OU has not hosted since NY and Athens got turf. Jackson will be at logan, and if NY host any game, it be valley vs grandview.

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

indianabuck wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:
Nelsonville is too small for a d2 game. OU has not hosted since NY and Athens got turf. Jackson will be at logan, and if NY host any game, it be valley vs grandview.
Nelsonville is to small for a d2 game, but we could host a d3 game.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

93Bulldog wrote:It seems there are a lot of playoff games next week that have similar match-ups geographically. It will be interesting where everyone is assigned. Jackson vs DeSales will need a venue in between. Valley and Grandview is in a similar situation. I've seen Marion-Franklin vs Steuby will most likely be at Zanesville, which takes that stadium out of the equation. Beechcroft vs Maysville also needs a neutral location. Athens and Tri-Valley need a place.

I would not be shocked if they send Athens and TV north to play somewhere near central Ohio. I like Sheridan, but I watched Trimble vs NC there two years ago and it just doesn't seem big enough. Not to mention its an MVL school, which I'm not sure if that plays into the decision making or not.
Sheridan has a nice field but to small. plus there in the middle of nowhere. I still wouldn't be surprised if it's in Reynoldsburg,or Canal Winchester,Hamilton Township would work too. good memories there
Last edited by bengals01 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bulldog
Waterboy

Post by Bulldog »

Nelsonville has a nice facility. I graduated from a HS that always got smashed by the Buckeyes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Why not New Lex?
They have turf, plenty of seating and it's darn near in the middle.

Tumble4You
Waterboy

Post by Tumble4You »

Go Dogs.

Return to “Football”