Vinton County Vikings vs Wellston Golden Rockets

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Re: Vinton County Vikings vs Wellston Golden Rockets

Post by Blue Duck »

I stopped by the field Tuesday and the Rockets will have 3 key starters out. Two key lineman that start both ways due to injury. Starting RB/LB due to disciplinary reasons. I was also told a few more starters are being held out by the school for disciplinary reasons. Some of the younger guys and back ups are are going to have to step up and perform Friday. I'm sure V.C. Is banged some also. I've said it every year for over two decades,.. when it comes to this game, throw the records out the window. Whoever straps it up and plays harder usually wins. I think it will be a close one like last year. I believe the Rockets will pull this one out and send the few seniors out with a W.
Wellston 19
V.C. 14

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Good Luck to the Rockets, sounds like from the above it is "next man up" tonight. I hope some of the kids that have worked their tails off and came in all those days during the off season to lift and work out get a chance to do well tonight. Congratulations to the Wellston seniors.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The ship sails south tonight and hopefully brings back another Viking win in the sinkhole!

cgqb5
Waterboy

Post by cgqb5 »

Official made a bad call on the Wellston player that was ejected at Meigs game!
No kick happened.. Got to see this on film. Sad for the young man!
Good Luck to Wellston tonight!! GO ROCKETS!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vikes win in Wellston 44-36. Great job VC.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Now the question is, Who will be the next head coach at Vinton County???

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Great game Vikings, you simply wanted it more in this one. Good luck to the seniors from both teams.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

What a lot of readers don't know is that VC had Three seniors out for disciplinary reasons too. And lost another one in the first half of the game and had some youngsters step in and help in this battle. The last two seasons have given both sets of fans a he k of a game. Hate to see either team lose but love to see the Vikes win. Saw a lot of good sportsmanship last night and respect between players. Congrats to the seniors and all the rest of the Vikes.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

Good question orange and brown ! The talent at Vc is there to be a Tvc contender in the upcoming years !

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

Whenever wellston players figures out its about the team and play as a team instead of(ME) then that's when they will start winning games. No discipline what so ever..

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I was very happy I got to witness VC come together in the second half and pick up a win over the rockets. The first half was shaky but in the second half they looked like a team that just would not be denied. Two things that disappointed me though were on a kickoff from the wellston 30 yard line (because of penalties) and the last 30 seconds of the game. Why on earth would you not trt an onside kick from the wellston 30 yard line?? It baffles me that we kicked it to the goal line. Second, why did we run the clock out with a minute to go inside the 3 yard line? Its wellston! Punch it in ans score 52 points!! Why play the nice guy against a team that put 62 on you 2 years ago?? Anyways, I'm happy with the win! Congrats to the seniors for going out with back to back wins over wellston.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote:I was very happy I got to witness VC come together in the second half and pick up a win over the rockets. The first half was shaky but in the second half they looked like a team that just would not be denied. Two things that disappointed me though were on a kickoff from the wellston 30 yard line (because of penalties) and the last 30 seconds of the game. Why on earth would you not trt an onside kick from the wellston 30 yard line?? It baffles me that we kicked it to the goal line. Second, why did we run the clock out with a minute to go inside the 3 yard line? Its wellston! Punch it in ans score 52 points!! Why play the nice guy against a team that put 62 on you 2 years ago?? Anyways, I'm happy with the win! Congrats to the seniors for going out with back to back wins over wellston.

I can tell you just love Wellston! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

Leroy 1 I dont know what film you saw but I have watched it three times and he clearly kicked him in the throat, and Meigs people who was at the game said the proof was the cleat marks on his neck. He also had a personal foul earlier in the conest

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

Leroy 1 I dont know what film you saw but I have watched it three times and he clearly kicked him in the throat, and Meigs people who was at the game said the proof was the cleat marks on his neck. He also had a personal foul earlier in the conest

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Because ANYTHING can happen in this game Dundas. Had VC fumbled the ball and Wellston ran it back . . . heartache in VC. Something similar happened in Utah last Friday. There is video on Football Scoop of a team losing with 3.2 seconds left. A team in Northwest, Ohio lost early in the season by not taking a knee. They went ahead and scored, kicked off, the other team got a good return, scored and got a two point conversion. Result, one team ahead with less than 2 minutes lost a game it shouldn't have because a coach wanted to rub it in. I understand the rival factor with Wellston, Dundas. Congrats on the win for your Vikings. Long off-season for the Rockets.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Things are going to get very interesting very soon in Wellston. Changes are on the way

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Wellston will go 10-0 NEXT year! Just wait and see. Hutch and the boys will be ready for Jackson.........

Maybe Boilermaker will take over the rains and finally lead the team to glory.....

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Was suprised the way Vc took it to wellston is the second half, makes you wonder what could've been for vc

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Viking96 wrote:Was suprised the way Vc took it to wellston is the second half, makes you wonder what could've been for vc
No doubt. If VC could've played like thatfor the majority of the season instead of the minority, they could've been a contender for 2nd place in the Ohio. The talent is there for sure. They proved that in spurts this season and last.

Return to “Football”