Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by 4thgoal »

Ptguard wrote:Not too confident about that 28 points. West held LU to 13 at LU.
West also allowed a total of 48 pts in the other 3 SOC games, compared to 13 allowed by Burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ptguard wrote:Not too confident about that 28 points. West held LU to 13 at LU. And the present West coach(s) have had success vs Burg with (IMO) less overall talent before. And the game is on grass, and it may be wet, neither favor Burg.
Before someone hammers you on here, burg threw 1 time at waverly in a monsoon, on a grass field way worse than west's field, and was never stopped. Won 38-0.

Burg has solid players all over the field. West will still be hard to handle but I think burg sneaks away with the win.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

One thing's for sure, there's gonna be plenty of dumpsters burning after this one!

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

Ptguard wrote:Not too confident about that 28 points. West held LU to 13 at LU. And the present West coach(s) have had success vs Burg with (IMO) less overall talent before. And the game is on grass, and it may be wet, neither favor Burg.

I agree that 28 points is not enough, it will be more like 40......Rain or shine...... :roll:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

4th n Goal wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:The big difference with this year's Burg team is that you don't really know who is going to get the ball. Last week, there were 5 backs who each ran for 50 yards. Also, there are 3-4 receivers that will catch passes nearly every game. There are not the individual stats of the past 2 years, but the team is much more balanced and it is much harder to defend every target on the field. The last 2 years, you knew what was going to happen, but they were such good athletes that it was very hard to stop.
The Offensive Line helped with all those rushing yards. They opened holes for everyone. Great performance last week by the whole squad.
Absolutely, the line has played well! I just was pointing out that you couldn't really concentrate on stopping 1 back. You could have Hutchinson, May, Howard, Burk, or Cunningham coming at you and getting nice yards. All have different styles of running and fresh legs all through the game is a good thing.
I got ya. Just pointing out the athletic ability all around.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

It all favors West. That's fine. Come on out Friday night and you will see that nothing and I mean nothing will impede the Burg O. West on the other hand............ big question mark there.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Same old arrogant burg fan base year in year out lol nobody ever is good enough to beat da burg ...burg better not come into this game thinking majority of the way this fan base does or they will be in for a big surprise...I ain't taking away anything from the burg kids they are good every year just this fan base gives them a reputation that they act nothin like

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Burg wins this one! Rain or shine it doesn't matter. Burg takes home the gold football and starts practice for the playoffs. West can get out the round balls.. Lol just being an arrogant burg fan!

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

I guess only time will tell we will see tomorrow night.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Rain or shine the winner of this game wins by single digits.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

D_Journey9 wrote:Rain or shine the winner of this game wins by single digits.

I dont think west pep ralley with turning over the burg car will hekp them out tomorrow night.... Just because people say that they will beat west, they are arrogant ........

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

D_Journey9 wrote:Same old arrogant burg fan base year in year out lol nobody ever is good enough to beat da burg ...burg better not come into this game thinking majority of the way this fan base does or they will be in for a big surprise...I ain't taking away anything from the burg kids they are good every year just this fan base gives them a reputation that they act nothin like

That is not True... Jackson was good enough

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Sport Fan wrote:
D_Journey9 wrote:Same old arrogant burg fan base year in year out lol nobody ever is good enough to beat da burg ...burg better not come into this game thinking majority of the way this fan base does or they will be in for a big surprise...I ain't taking away anything from the burg kids they are good every year just this fan base gives them a reputation that they act nothin like

That is not True... Jackson was good enough
Jackson is the best team in southern ohio IMO

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Weather will be a factor. Valley found that out against West. I'm not saying burg doesn't win, but think kind of game has favored west this season.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

indianabuck wrote:Weather will be a factor. Valley found that out against West. I'm not saying burg doesn't win, but think kind of game has favored west this season.

We shall see..... I always thought rain.. wet field favors the bigger Team.... and the running game.....

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Sport Fan wrote:
indianabuck wrote:Weather will be a factor. Valley found that out against West. I'm not saying burg doesn't win, but think kind of game has favored west this season.

We shall see..... I always thought rain.. wet field favors the bigger Team.... and the running game.....
U know if West had the bigger line they would be saying that also.

Burgs D had better be very disciplined out there tonight. Screens, flat passes, wheel routes are on the way. We are susceptible to the bomb also. Overall it has been good but we continue to make mistakes in coverage. Not good. If we can get pressure on Irwin quick we can limit his passes, but again, watch out for the screen. This west team reminds me of Minford back when Kaskey was a junior. except that Minford had a bigger Oline. They liked to throw the lil flair pass to Rb and quick traps or dives with the fullback. West is small on both sides of the ball but they are well taught. And they have good linebackers as always. Should be a good game. I hope we wear down on them with our oiline and control the clock but we need to score. I look for Davis on Burke and see who can match up with Howard and Jenkins. And interested to see who will be spying on May. If the field is half decent, which it should be, May could have a good night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Again? Burg played in a heavy downpour on a muddy field. Threw only once. And won 38-0. The pirates have a power running game. Weather affects turnovers and passing game but the pirates have proved they can play in those conditions.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Whoever parks a chuck wagon at The Rock and starts grilling crow about 9:00 will make an absolute killing off one side of that stadium! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by The Oaf on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

The Burg Team believes that they can and will win...Just a West team should...... The Pirates understand that this will not be easy!!!! West new coach is the real deal and has brought Discipline and a mind set they can win every game.... This will be a playoff game for West, they must win , they are pumped up and ready to battle.... The Pirates are comiing in knowing that there will be adversity tonight, and they know it is how you respond to this adversity that makes the difference... Pirate Team will be coming into the ROCK , Confident and not over Confident.... They are not worried or concern what the final score will be, they will play every down of this game to the best of their ability , they will expect and trust each team mate to do his assignment .... This will be a great game tonight in Southern Ohio........

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:Whoever parks a chuck wagon at The Rock and starts grilling crow about 9:00 will make an absolute killing of one side of that stadium! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: no doubt.

Return to “Football”