Athens @ Meigs

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Athens @ Meigs

Post by Poo Bear »

Coach Bartrum is doing an outstanding job . I love the fact that he held the junior high team accountable for their actions. He expects his players to act like young men. Admire that !

DUKE BBALL
Waterboy

Post by DUKE BBALL »

Folks if you don't know the entire story shut the heck up. He has things under control, injuries have been the downfall this season. At one point they were playing their fourth option at quarterback. Enjoy all your trash talking while you can, in a few years you won't be able to :oops:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

OK, back to the game. I Think the combination of a really wet field, a wet ball, and the potential for rain at game time will keep the score much lower than if this were being played in ideal conditions. Remember people, strange things happen in the mud sometimes.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Ultron wrote:^ That is ridiculous. He is the head coach of the Meig's football program. If he does not have a say in the JR high program than that is the problem. He just have a hand in the scheme and the philosophy. What is the point of a JR high program, if you are not preparing them for the varsity level? Otherwise, you will have to start from scratch when they are freshman. Does anyone wonder why Jackson's varsity team is typically competitive every single year? It is because the pee wee and jr high programs are running plays and formations that they will run when they get to high school. Anyone that thinks the JR high should be different than the high school level obviously does not know how to run a program IMO. He should have a say on who is hired at the JR. high level

Your Jr high program is to help develop fundamentals and basics. If you don't understand that then you have a lack of knowledge on the subject and need to learn more before opening your mouth.

If a high school football coach has time to go sniffing around the Jr high team to see if they are behaving, then he has some serious issues because ALL of his attention should be on the team he is coaching......

Some people make me shake my head.......

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Athens 84 meigs 6

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rolling Rock wrote:Folks if you don't know the entire story shut the heck up. He has things under control, injuries have been the downfall this season. At one point they were playing their fourth option at quarterback. Enjoy all your trash talking while you can, in a few years you won't be able to :oops:

Who's talking trash?

No one has said anything disrespectful towards your kids........

You are gonna get blown out just like everyone else who plays Athens in the regular season, that's not trash talking, that's the truth. Everyone in the league will have to deal with it, but after this season the Revenge begins lol

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:OK, back to the game. I Think the combination of a really wet field, a wet ball, and the potential for rain at game time will keep the score much lower than if this were being played in ideal conditions. Remember people, strange things happen in the mud sometimes.
2012 Last time Athens was at Meigs it was raining, cold and very windy.
that was a 47-14 score. probably more than that this year.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

BIG FISHSMALL POND

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

boilermaker wrote:BIG FISHSMALL POND

I would guess that would be better than a regular fish in a big pond and the pond is draining really fast. ;)

(I don't know why I felt the need to respond to that. I could not care less what league Athens is in.)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They say that teach1 until Athens beats a team like Tri-Valley, with 400 boys ... then they shut up for awhile until Athens plays a smaller school.

Although it should be noted Meigs is DIV and Athens is DIII ... wow ... big difference there.

PeakeBack
Waterboy

Post by PeakeBack »

Athens wins this game big... The height out at wide receiver for the bulldogs helps a lot in burrows throwing game do to how small the corners are for meigs... Good luck to both teams!

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Does any Athens radio stations have this game covered with a internet stream?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

UrbanOhio2012 wrote:Does any Athens radio stations have this game covered with a internet stream?
yes ... 970wath.com

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

thanks! coming in loud and clear!

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

I am never a fan of running up the score but especially with these weather conditions deep in their own end zone why not take it into the locker room up 42-0? This could be a big mistake by the Athens coaching staff if their top WR is seriously hurt after the last play trying to run the 2 min drill while being up so big.

ckbetz
Waterboy

Post by ckbetz »

I think it's the first time I've seen a team leave in their starters until the final seconds tick off during a running clock game while being up 49-0.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

ckbetz wrote:I think it's the first time I've seen a team leave in their starters until the final seconds tick off during a running clock game while being up 49-0.
And passing the ball at that trying to score...Meigs got slaughtered, but at least we kept them under 50 and held them to only 7 points the entire 2nd half....The mud was a solid Defense...lol

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Seemed unnecessary to risk injury with a commanding lead on a muddy field in those weather conditions!

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

There comes a time where you must condition for the post season. With the rain and mud it was a great opportunity to work on adversity. Enough said

85cruiser
Riding the Bench

Post by 85cruiser »

buckfever wrote:There comes a time where you must condition for the post season. With the rain and mud it was a great opportunity to work on adversity. Enough said

Amen to that! I know the varsity starters are glad to be allowed to play a full four quarter game for the second time this season, but I'm sure If Meigs had pulled their starters, Athens would have done the same.

Return to “Football”