D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

85yards
Riding the Bench

Re: D5 State Semis! Final 4! Coldwater vs. Wheelersburg

Post by 85yards »

wobycat wrote: I wouldn't make remarks about getting blown out as us being overrated when your team isn't even getting there.

Of course they can, because what happens once we get out of the area? We get a running clock put on us for pretty much the whole 2nd half. It is what it is guys..... We'd better be glad Bishop Hartley moved up a division or else it would have been the same old story as the past couple of years.

The state championship doesn't run thru Scioto or Lawrence county. We can beat out chests as to what we've accomplished down here, but to the rest of the state of Ohio we're only small potatoes. Until we figure out that playing the OVC schools is useless (Exception of Ironton,) we will never get over the hump. Unless of course, Coldwater does what Hartley did and change divisions.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Burg gave Hartley all they wanted last year and physically beat them up.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

85yards wrote:
Sport Fan wrote:
lineman7 wrote:Congrats to WB

I have watched Coldwater play a lot of games the last 6 years and this was their worst team in the 6 years i have been watching. The size and speed on Coldwater was way down this year and the amount of athletes across the board was lower.

WB exposed that SE Ohio football was just way down this year. WB played one quality opponent the whole year before playing Coldwater and that was Valley who didn't bother showing up (7fumbled snaps, 20+ missed tackles, dropped picked 6, tipped pass for TD, etc). The rest of WB schedule was extremely weak and their region was the weakest I have seen in 15 years of keeping track of this stuff.... SE Ohio has a long way to go to compete at the state level if WB can't even get within 5 TD's of a weaker Coldwater... sad but true

Anyone saying WB would EVER beat Coldwater didn't watch that beatdown... it was a blowout and Coldwater is at least 5+ TDs better than WB, period.
Valley was not a quality opponent this year it was Jackson.. Valley's front line were not very good this year or last year.. Coldwater would beat any team around here and will win the State yet again this year , even though they have their worst Team in 6 years LOL.. The Burg Team will be a better Team moving forward because of this game... Again The Burg dominated this year every Team in the area..... And earned final 4... And they will again next year....

Who cares? Then what happened once we got out of the region? Mercy ruled?!?! Wheelersburg had a running clock put on THEM for almost the entire second half. Are you kidding me with a statement like that?!?!?!?!?
Statement like what exactly ?? Valley?? Coldwater would beat any team and will win the State yet again? The Burg Team will be a better Team moving forward because of their loss to Coldwater? GO BURG GO...LOL Burg haters go figure

BURGISTHEWORD
Waterboy

Post by BURGISTHEWORD »

I predict Burg-Coldwater will see a lot of each other during the next 3-4 years (in football and in baseball.) Burg had a lot of younger players play football this year during the 2nd halves of games.

The freshman played a very competitive schedule this year...freshman played against the undefeated Jackson team, undefeated Cabell Midland JV team, undefeated Point Pleasant JV team, Ironton JV, Chillicothe JV, and several other freshman and JV teams. Burg Freshman beat the Alexander JV team 55-6.

Also, the Burg JV team finished an undefeated season. Going to be an exciting next few years!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

85yards wrote:
wobycat wrote: I wouldn't make remarks about getting blown out as us being overrated when your team isn't even getting there.

Of course they can, because what happens once we get out of the area? We get a running clock put on us for pretty much the whole 2nd half. It is what it is guys..... We'd better be glad Bishop Hartley moved up a division or else it would have been the same old story as the past couple of years.

The state championship doesn't run thru Scioto or Lawrence county. We can beat out chests as to what we've accomplished down here, but to the rest of the state of Ohio we're only small potatoes. Until we figure out that playing the OVC schools is useless (Exception of Ironton,) we will never get over the hump. Unless of course, Coldwater does what Hartley did and change divisions.
Two years ago, Hartley creamed us at Nelson ville. Last year, coaching staff had them right in the game and almost came away with it. This year coldwater did the same, next year the burg coaches will have us right there should we meet up. They are the best coaching staff in the area. Don't start bashing a team that won a regional and only lost one game just because they didn't win a game. At least I wouldn't if I lost to them pretty much every year.

Richard
Waterboy

Post by Richard »

I guess this is the 606th post. Let's keep it going 12 more months and we will just keep talking in this forum when Burg plays Coldwater in the 2016 Final 4 baby!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Richard wrote:I guess this is the 606th post. Let's keep it going 12 more months and we will just keep talking in this forum when Burg plays Coldwater in the 2016 Final 4 baby!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

With the same results as this year ;)

Richard
Waterboy

Post by Richard »

Hopefully not s junkie! We'll see 51 weeks from Friday!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Burg beat every Team this year by running clock , and what you heard from many of the fans on each game is that their Team did not play very well or the refs were terrible , or to many turnovers cost us the game... Burg gets beat by Coldwater and what do your hear from Burg Fans.. We got beat by a much better Team and we will learn from it and it will make the Burg better for the future... No Excuses !!!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

As mentioned earlier: Play 1-2 teams up North in your Non Conference Schedule. Make em Home and Home series.

I could see Burg Scheduling teams like Coldwater, Amanda Clearcreek, Wynford, Bishop Hartley..

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Valenth wrote:As mentioned earlier: Play 1-2 teams up North in your Non Conference Schedule. Make em Home and Home series.

I could see Burg Scheduling teams like Coldwater, Amanda Clearcreek, Wynford, Bishop Hartley..
i've always wanted to see a burg - amanda series

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

amanda is not near what they used to be!
ZT will be back for burg and will be much better after seeing them.
We had a total new staff this year. Having worked together for a year, schemes will come much easier next year.
Imagine if burg had to replace the o and d coordinators and the head coach in the offseason.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wrestlefan wrote:amanda is not near what they used to be!
ZT will be back for burg and will be much better after seeing them.
We had a total new staff this year. Having worked together for a year, schemes will come much easier next year.
Imagine if burg had to replace the o and d coordinators and the head coach in the offseason.
How much does ZT lose?

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

By a lot if they get to play Burg again lol

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Schedule Logan Elm, not Amanda.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

How about one of the Pickerington teams?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The thread that won't die
Burg is great southern Ohio program in football
But the chances of them beating Coldwaterin the near future is slim
No matter who they schedule

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I see where you're going, but it wouldn't make any sense for anyone in Southeast Ohio - sans Logan in the glory days (oh God, I said "Logan" in the context of scheduling, not another one of those threads!) - to play Pickerington Central nor North. Nor would it for a be a good idea for either of the two to play a non-Logan from SE Ohio. Namely because those schools have roughly 80 kids 10-12 in the program, are coached well enough to be competitive on the Division 1 statewide level and have an abundance of talent. Hate to be the guy that says "no", but it wouldn't work out. It'd be similar to Mount Union playing Ohio State.

I will, however, suggest Pickerington's younger cousin named "Bloom-Carroll". Division 4 school, has good participation numbers but smaller classes of football players, will always be talented but not "oh man this is insurmountable" Pickerington talent, and is generally well-coached. They have awesome facilities too. Didn't they play a couple years back in the state title game for baseball? That would be an AWESOME football series, me thinks!

Jonathan Alder, Johnstown-Monroe, Dover, and Steubenville (Big Red's senior class this year as I understand it is a "lightning in a bottle" deal... could be wrong) would be on the tougher end of middle-sized schools but definitely more appropriate for Wheelersburg than either of the two schools that have dominated an Ohio Capital Conference division.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Poo Bear wrote:The thread that won't die
Burg is great southern Ohio program in football
But the chances of them beating Coldwaterin the near future is slim
No matter who they schedule
1) Incorrect. I don't believe Ironton played in this game, therefore this is not the "thread that won't die".
2) Nothing else football related to talk about for at least five months... anything meaningful and expansive won't come until middle of the summer.

Return to “Football”