Bishop Watterson(17) @ (47)Wheelersburg

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Re: WK4 Columbus Bishop Watterson 1-2 @ Wheelersburg 3-0

Post by Burg Bias »

This is the best team that Burg has on their schedule. If Watterson has a power running game then Burg will have trouble. But I think the Pirates can score points. It'll be a good one!
Go Burg!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 am
fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 am
The Oaf wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Beyond laughable.....
Watterson would be a top 10 caliber D5 school
Agreed.

Watterson dismantled a D2 school in Whitehall-Yearling. They were beaten 22-0 by Olentangy Orange (who has only allowed 2 TD's so far this year and roughed up Dublin Jerome).

This is, by far, the best team Burg will face until the playoffs. Watterson plays a VERY tough schedule for a D3 school. If it wasnt for Burg's storied program, I dont think them scheduling a D5 school would have ever happened.
Minford could beat Whitehall yearlings. Ole tangy orange is a new school. Burg gets close to a running clock.

35-7.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

laser breath wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am
fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:27 am

Watterson would be a top 10 caliber D5 school
Agreed.

Watterson dismantled a D2 school in Whitehall-Yearling. They were beaten 22-0 by Olentangy Orange (who has only allowed 2 TD's so far this year and roughed up Dublin Jerome).

This is, by far, the best team Burg will face until the playoffs. Watterson plays a VERY tough schedule for a D3 school. If it wasnt for Burg's storied program, I dont think them scheduling a D5 school would have ever happened.
Minford could beat Whitehall yearlings. Ole tangy orange is a new school. Burg gets close to a running clock.

35-7.
Not hardly.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Ok. I'll come back and eat crow.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Watterson 24-Burg 21.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I definitely believe Burg will win and that Watterson is the best team on their schedule. I don't see a running clock. This one will go all four quarters. Going to have to fight all night to get this one done.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:21 am
laser breath wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:45 am

Agreed.

35-7.
Not hardly.
CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2017] Whitehall-Yearling (Whitehall, OH) 31, [2017] Minford (OH) 22

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Here is a clip from their game against orange

https://youtu.be/5eIFxdysmSA

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I do not see a running clock. I see Burg winning but they will earn it. You are going up against a well disciplined catholic school, so buckle up. Burg by 21.

I wish Abe. But my Cavaliers will be out matched Friday at The O. I heard Harris is out. I will take Hartley by 4 TDs. Go Cavs though! lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Olentangy Orange has been around since like 2011, if not before. That's not a new school.

Edit: I was wrong, they have been around since at least 2009, since they made the playoffs that year. They made the D1 playoffs last year as well.
Last edited by danicalifornia on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Not making any comments for now, just leaving it here.

Competitive Balance Adjustment Numbers
DeSales - 70
Watterson - 72
Hartley - 97

Athens - 15
Chillicothe - 11
Wheelersburg - 25

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:40 pm Olentangy Orange has been around since like 2011, if not before. That's not a new school.

Edit: I was wrong, they have been around since at least 2009, since they made the playoffs that year. They made the D1 playoffs last year as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck you guys.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AS I'VE ALWAYS HEARED THEM FOLKS FROM SCIOTY COUNTY SAY FER DECADES, ''THEM BURGITES SAY------'' IT'S ONLY COLUMBUS BISHOP WATTERSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW LET'S SEE WHERE YOU ACTUALLY DO STAND. HONESTLY I DO BELIEVE BURG WINS THIS GAME AGAINST A MUCH BIGGER OPPONENT THAT WILL BE EVERY BIT AS DEEP. BUT SPEAKIN OF GETTIN DEEP IF WATTERSON WINS, I GOT MY RURAL KING MILKIN BOOTS HANDY. BUT BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FER, CAUSE NOW YOU GOT IT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Pumped for this game! Heart and gut say burg wins a tight one. Brain says it's going to be a toss up. Least turnovers wins!! Good luck pirates!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm AS I'VE ALWAYS HEARED THEM FOLKS FROM SCIOTY COUNTY SAY FER DECADES, ''THEM BURGITES SAY------'' IT'S ONLY COLUMBUS BISHOP WATTERSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW LET'S SEE WHERE YOU ACTUALLY DO STAND. HONESTLY I DO BELIEVE BURG WINS THIS GAME AGAINST A MUCH BIGGER OPPONENT THAT WILL BE EVERY BIT AS DEEP. BUT SPEAKIN OF GETTIN DEEP IF WATTERSON WINS, I GOT MY RURAL KING MILKIN BOOTS HANDY. BUT BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FER, CAUSE NOW YOU GOT IT.
I only understand about half of your post.. either way good luck to your tigers this week....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

don't you understand english grad ??????????????????????????? just kiddin ya here. I want to see burg win as well. since hit don't look like my fighting tigers are apt to go on a big tear and needin you guys to lose.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Abe Froman wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:41 pm Not making any comments for now, just leaving it here.

Competitive Balance Adjustment Numbers
DeSales - 70
Watterson - 72
Hartley - 97

Athens - 15
Chillicothe - 11
Wheelersburg - 25
There is far more to this topic, as it relates to enrollment trends, beyond the adjusted enrollment numbers for football. I have this conversation with educators in Ross and Scioto counties from time to time. To frame this as "people only care about athletics" when it comes to unwillingness to enroll into home district is incorrect.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm AS I'VE ALWAYS HEARED THEM FOLKS FROM SCIOTY COUNTY SAY FER DECADES, ''THEM BURGITES SAY------'' IT'S ONLY COLUMBUS BISHOP WATTERSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only understand about half of your post.. either way good luck to your tigers this week....
Never would we say that. We respect all opponents. Big or small.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I am a burg grad and fan and I hope Burg wins but I see this being a very close game and burg will have to play lights out to win this one but will be a great game to get ready for the playoffs

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”