Adena 39 River Valley 14

RVRaiderFan
All State

Adena 39 River Valley 14

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Thoughts on this one, as both teams come into Friday's game at Bidwell, 0-1.

River Valley is still without starting QB Dayton Hardway, and as it is well known, there back up in no longer on the team. I am assuming that Tyler Twyman will be at QB again after being there in the opener. Did I mention it was the first time he had ever played QB!?!?!

Good luck to both teams!

GO RAIDERS!!!!

bulldawg22
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2: Adena vs. River Valley

Post by bulldawg22 »

River Valley had an impressive jv quarterback last year. He played against Adena in the 4th quarter. Very good passer. Is he the one that is no longer with the team. I believe he wore #4 last year. Pretty impressive last year for a freshmen.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Good luck River valley!!

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

bulldawg22 wrote:River Valley had an impressive jv quarterback last year. He played against Adena in the 4th quarter. Very good passer. Is he the one that is no longer with the team. I believe he wore #4 last year. Pretty impressive last year for a freshmen.
I believe that's Hardway? I know he's #4 this year, so I'm guessing he was also #4 last year.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

dragonsfan24 wrote:
bulldawg22 wrote:River Valley had an impressive jv quarterback last year. He played against Adena in the 4th quarter. Very good passer. Is he the one that is no longer with the team. I believe he wore #4 last year. Pretty impressive last year for a freshmen.
I believe that's Hardway? I know he's #4 this year, so I'm guessing he was also #4 last year.
Hardway was injured in the jamboree game vs South Gallia. Read on another thread he is expected to be out 2-4 weeks.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Good Luck river valley. Turmoil with injury and player decisions to quit are no good . Rooting for our neighbor school to pull one out !!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Hardway is #4. He is still with the team, but injured. Injury report I was given was 2-5 weeks.

Regardless, the games still go on despite injuries, so the Raiders will have to continue to improve each week. Hopefully that improvement shows in Week 2 against Adena!

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

I heard that the RV head coach is asking the kids in the school (specifically juniors/seniors) to come out and play football and telling them they can play in tomorrows game. Maybe he should have thought of this before last school season ended? Or at least before now. What are everyones thoughts?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

can't believe any coach would do this. Especially telling them they can play this week as this would break all kinds of OHSAA rules. And unless they have had a lot of kids quit they have plenty out. I would not believe everything i hear.

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

For the record that is incorrect. The boys are asking to come out and play and that is a good sign that the program is turning around. The new boys will not play in a game (Varsity or JV) until at least week 6 if they earn a spot. Again please don't believe everything you hear.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RioProf wrote:For the record that is incorrect. The boys are asking to come out and play and that is a good sign that the program is turning around. The new boys will not play in a game (Varsity or JV) until at least week 6 if they earn a spot. Again please don't believe everything you hear.
Why the hell would you even let them in the team? That is definitely the opposite of a good sign and is most definitely a bad sign. If I were on that team and worked my butt off all summer, I'd tell these new guys to beat it. They did this a couple of years ago too. What a mess! Sorry but this is not good. Adena big in this one.

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

BlizzardMan wrote:
RioProf wrote:For the record that is incorrect. The boys are asking to come out and play and that is a good sign that the program is turning around. The new boys will not play in a game (Varsity or JV) until at least week 6 if they earn a spot. Again please don't believe everything you hear.
Why the hell would you even let them in the team? That is definitely the opposite of a good sign and is most definitely a bad sign. If I were on that team and worked my butt off all summer, I'd tell these new guys to beat it. They did this a couple of years ago too. What a mess! Sorry but this is not good. Adena big in this one.
Let me add one more thing - the entire team voted and approved of this. These are different kids now and they understand what family and commitment is at RV. Instead of complaining just support the boys. Thanks

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

Your record of this is wrong. The coach has been asking kids this week and there was no mention of sitting out until week 6. This is first hand info not 2nd or a rumor. You may not have much company thinking this program is turning around?

RioProf
Riding the Bench

Post by RioProf »

kidsarewhatmatters wrote:

Your record of this is wrong. The coach has been asking kids this week and there was no mention of sitting out until week 6. This is first hand info not 2nd or a rumor. You may not have much company thinking this program is turning around?
Wow - I'm just gonna laugh this one off. I guess being in the program doesn't count of having first hand knowledge. Go Raiders!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RioProf wrote:
kidsarewhatmatters wrote:

Wow - I'm just gonna laugh this one off. I guess being in the program doesn't count of having first hand knowledge. Go Raiders!
Coach, come on. Even if they do sit until week six, why would you want people joining the team after the year has started? The boys may have said "yes" but that doesn't mean they actually want it. Of course they are gonna "give" the ok. If it doesn't bother them that they've busted their butts on a freakin high school football team (not a professional team with free agency) and people are just gonna walk in after the hard stuff like two a days and summer lifting and possibly take their playing time then they shouldn't even bother playing. What if URG told me I could show up tomorrow and observe you for four weeks. Then after those four weeks I take your job and they say "sorry professor, the staff said it would be okay to let him join us." You wouldn't have a problem with that? Explain to me how this is any different. Then you just expect people to stop complaining and support this? What are you teaching these kids by doing this? You being in the program gives you all the reason to spew bs and tell us that they can't play until week 6. Where is the AD in this? He should be saying no way.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

how is this a good sign? whether boys are asking to come out or the coach is asking them in early September? my observation from the cheap seats this tells the others they can wait and come out late also.

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

COMMITMENT!!!! WHAT COMMITMENT?
RioProf wrote:Let me add one more thing - the entire team voted and approved of this. These are different kids now and they understand what family and commitment is at RV. Instead of complaining just support the boys. Thanks

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Why do I feel like every thread that mentions River Valley on here, just quickly turns into various people calling out coaches/admins/etc and then a person of that ilk jumps on to defend themselves?

Back to the game, Adena by 4 scores. Just sounds like too much turmoil and a key injury for RV as well.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Will RV be able to move the ball much on this defense?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to the Raiders tonight!! I will be right there in the press box cheering you on, NO MATTER WHAT!!!

With that being said, I invite everyone to check us out on the broadcast tonight from Bidwell. We are streaming live on the internet all season long for the Raiders!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

Return to “Football”