Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by olegoat50 »

ironton 26-20 in a game not as close as the score would indicate...Burg scores late to make it look closer............You heard it here 1st!!!! :oops: Ironton pistol whips da Burg in the trenches.. :mrgreen: :lol:

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

oleblue52 wrote:ironton 26-20 in a game not as close as the score would indicate...Burg scores late to make it look closer............You heard it here 1st!!!! :oops: Ironton pistol whips da Burg in the trenches.. :mrgreen: :lol:
Ironton better have improved dramatically if they plan on pistol whipping anyone this year!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Really, this is a must win for Burg. Expectations for the Tigers aren't very high this year. Burg is clearly the favorite coming into this game. This is a pressure test for the Burg they must win this game. That's why I think Ironton wins this game. Burg will crumble under the pressure and Ironton has no pressure because not a lot is expected of them this year.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

oleblue52 wrote:ironton 26-20 in a game not as close as the score would indicate...Burg scores late to make it look closer............You heard it here 1st!!!! :oops: Ironton pistol whips da Burg in the trenches.. :mrgreen: :lol:

Ironton better have improved dramatically if they plan on pistol whipping anyone this year!!!

:shock: :oops: ;-)

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Why would expectations not be high for Ironton Tigers?? What a joke to say that. :roll:

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

Going into tank stadium is always a tough test no matter how much a team has lost from the previous year...I see the burg though squeaking one out...close hard fought game!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

tigercannon71 wrote:Really, this is a must win for Burg. Expectations for the Tigers aren't very high this year. Burg is clearly the favorite coming into this game. This is a pressure test for the Burg they must win this game. That's why I think Ironton wins this game. Burg will crumble under the pressure and Ironton has no pressure because not a lot is expected of them this year.
So now that Coach Lutz is gone, when Ironton graduates a lot of seniors everyone is just going to say "oh well, we will go 2-8 this year and it is Ok." It's Ironton football.....or did the tradition of winning go away too??

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Who said 2-8? No ones predicting a losing season, but after losing all those seniors and with the tough schedule Ironton could go 5-5. Thats the reality. Even with Coach Lutz at the helm that could be a possibility because of the schedule.
Like I said though Tigers underdog in this game the pressure is on the veteran Burg team to beat the young Tigers. Can Burg handle the pressure or will the Tigers upset the favorites in this opening game?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Going with the Burg in this one.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Arent all the Lutz' gone, and most of the original staff? Good Luck both teams, I see a Burg victory.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

2-8?? I think that will be enough to push this group of kids to surprise people! This is not the A-typical ironton team but these young men have worked extremely hard on conditioning and they all have put the time in at their specific position. I think in both scrimmage games this group has played well at times but we have a lot of room for improvement with tremendous up side! If you want us you better get us now!

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

The question is....."how bad is miller's throwing shoulder for burg?"

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Getting closer to a super game one of the best opening games of the season in the Tri-State area bar none.
Be in the Stands rooting the Tigers on Let's go Tigers and Hear that ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Getting closer to a super game one of the best opening games of the season in the Tri-State area bar none.
Be in the Stands rooting the Tigers on Let's go Tigers and Hear that ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

bubba_smurf
Waterboy

Post by bubba_smurf »

On a mission is correct.i have not seen this many good athletes on the roster in a while.the problem is that most of them are the age of most jv teams.however,if they can somehow get to the playoffs they might surprise a team or two.the following two years they will seriously contend for state titles...imo

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

know one knows how ironton is going to do this year with this group of kids but the following 2 years will be interesting for sure!! hopefully next year schedule not as brutal as this years!! any1 have a idea of next years schdule??

GO TIGERS

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

Come on now, while its not a cupcake schedule it's certainly not a brutal schedule for Ironton this year either. Stop the excuses!!

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

on a mission wrote:2-8?? I think that will be enough to push this group of kids to surprise people! This is not the A-typical ironton team but these young men have worked extremely hard on conditioning and they all have put the time in at their specific position. I think in both scrimmage games this group has played well at times but we have a lot of room for improvement with tremendous up side! If you want us you better get us now!
I hope they are better conditioned than in the past. Although I bet Ironton will still get cramps like they do every year, laying all over the field to get breaks! embarassing! :oops:

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

^^^^^^^^^ what a clown

TigsFan
Waterboy

Post by TigsFan »

If the Tigers aren't "conditioned" and they're "out of shape" every year then how come we always beat you guys? We have won 11 of the last 13.

Return to “Football”