Logan Vs Shadyside

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Logan Vs Shadyside

Post by noreply66 »

1987chieftains wrote:
Logan grad wrote:And I know that Logan doesn't schedule down to look good. They schedule now to fill games with teams they can compete with a few central district teams to get ready for post season if possible and now whoever is a good fit bc the league is dying and you have to find opponents. Again these are my own opinions and I don't know what the admins think but you can see it and I know they are struggling to fill open dates. But they're not going to schedule Ignatius to prove a point based on their numbers bc people really have the wrong opinion of what's real and what's assumed in their own minds from the outside looking in.
GOOD POINT GRAD! ive said this a few times now, logan is a 1 county district. for an easy example look at athens. 5 high schools in 1 county....... athen, nelsonville, trimble, alexander and fed hock. if those would be consolidated into a 1 county high school. giving them an enrollment of about 2291. athens would be in worse shape then logan because they WOULD be DI. then everyone could say " big fish little pond, scheduling down, etc.... athens wouldnt really be able to efford for gas to travel to c-bus just to play school theyre own size.

Also they wouldn't travel to Athens to play them. They don't even like coming to Logan.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Your numbers are way off
I 608 and more
II 403 to 607
III 402 to 281
IV 280 to 213
V 212 to 156
VI 155 to 112
VII 111 and less
my apologies. you are correct. i had 2013-14 numbers. logan is 75 from being DIII.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Who says you have to stay below I70. You could go as far as Gahanna, Upper Arlington, Pickerington, Reynoldsburg, Grove City, New Albany, Worthington, and Newark (I think you did recently play them) all within the same distance or less as traveling to Gallia Academy, Warren, Jackson, Portsmouth, Marietta (I include them since people had talked about them coming back to the SEOAL). Add Westerville, Dublin, Olentangy, etc. (a 5-10 minute difference from going to Warren) and that leaves a lot of bigger, Columbus-area schools in-between.
i didnt say we had to stay below 70. i was only showing teams DII and within the area. logan does travel .... alot in all sports. we just cant do it every week, every sport, every year. just to make the rest of seo happy.
As a quick sample, I found the following schools already in Logan's football region that are right around an hour drive (again, you are already making that drive to compete in the SEOAL). New Albany, Worthington Kilbourne, Licking Heights, Zanesville, St. Charles, Dublin Scioto, Northland, Hamilton Township, Hilliard Bradley, Walnut Ridge
outside of da-ville. none of these schools want to travel to logan..... hammy pretty much gave logan the middle finger when it was theyre turn to travel to logan. walnut ridge, logan traveled to them in 1984..... northland traveled to logan in 2012. the rest......

but whatever.... your right...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Like I have said before Logan will be fine. We will get our 10 games. One good thing is we will not be stuck in seo where just about every school keeps getting smaller.

Some leagues have problems and shut down and small school have problems and are shut down which will be happening all over seo over the next two decades.

Going to be some more one county schools that will result in kids living in one county and go to school in another.

Will seo put in to become northwest Virginia?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

1987chieftains wrote:outside of da-ville. none of these schools want to travel to logan..... hammy pretty much gave logan the middle finger when it was theyre turn to travel to logan. walnut ridge, logan traveled to them in 1984..... northland traveled to logan in 2012. the rest......
Yeah, I know it could sound easy on paper and play out differently in real life.
noreply66 wrote:Like I have said before Logan will be fine. We will get our 10 games. One good thing is we will not be stuck in seo where just about every school keeps getting smaller.

Some leagues have problems and shut down and small school have problems and are shut down which will be happening all over seo over the next two decades.

Going to be some more one county schools that will result in kids living in one county and go to school in another.

Will seo put in to become northwest Virginia?
I know the last line is a joke, but I have thought about how some of the better teams from Washington County over the years could have been competing/winning state titles if that river had just gone about 20 miles in a different direction.

I do agree that the landscape may look greatly different in the next 15-20 years. There may not be many of the smallest schools left.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

While its been mentioned, the reality is Logan has no choice but to schedule WHO IS WILLING TO PLAY THEM. Few schools, bigger or not, will not travel to Hocking Co. from Columbus. Game 6 with Shadyside appears to be a situation of both teams needing a game and no one willing to play them. Logan faces the same problem the following year when game 9 opens with Gallia leaving. I still chuckle at the "smaller school issue". Logan was for a long time a small school in the SEOAL and only in recent times has become one of the largest. I didn't see or hear people whining to get out of the SEOAL when LOgan was smaller. But over recent times, you have seen Lancaster, Pickerington North, Newark and others from the OCC on the schedule. Smaller teams ? Loudonville has ben a state ranked power. N-Y does well for itself and wants the $$$$$$$$$$$$ game. "Smaller teams" then would be the rest of the SEOAL. Zanesville ? Same as Logan. Logan's situation now is that they are too good for most of SEO, too tough and most here suffer with Chieftain envy. The "bigger" argument falls flat. Logan has and does play bigger but few of the "biggers" want to leave Columbus to come to Hocking Co. to play. Yet that argument for SEO holds true -- most of SEO runs from competition, be it a bigger school or one that IS TOUGHER.. Size often has nothing to do with it. Just be tougher ( while smaller) and watch SEO people run from you. Its endemic.

And , of course, nothing has been said about the JVs or Frosh. It becomes expensive to travel with your entire program seeking games. The long and the short of it is LOgan will seek out bigger schools, smaller schools who are tough and even parochials to fill its schedule. Logan will play anyone WILLING to play ( and travel to Hocking Co.). Meanwhile, its status quo for SEO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

That is the truth!! Logan is willing to play any Div. 6 or Div. 7 school. They are always scheduling up. LOL

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

No matter what team Logan plays the seo/Northwest Virgina is running away faster every day

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

noreply66 wrote:No matter what team Logan plays the seo/Northwest Virgina is running away faster every day
That is funny.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:While its been mentioned, the reality is Logan has no choice but to schedule WHO IS WILLING TO PLAY THEM. Few schools, bigger or not, will not travel to Hocking Co. from Columbus. Game 6 with Shadyside appears to be a situation of both teams needing a game and no one willing to play them. Logan faces the same problem the following year when game 9 opens with Gallia leaving. I still chuckle at the "smaller school issue". Logan was for a long time a small school in the SEOAL and only in recent times has become one of the largest. I didn't see or hear people whining to get out of the SEOAL when LOgan was smaller. But over recent times, you have seen Lancaster, Pickerington North, Newark and others from the OCC on the schedule. Smaller teams ? Loudonville has ben a state ranked power. N-Y does well for itself and wants the $$$$$$$$$$$$ game. "Smaller teams" then would be the rest of the SEOAL. Zanesville ? Same as Logan. Logan's situation now is that they are too good for most of SEO, too tough and most here suffer with Chieftain envy. The "bigger" argument falls flat. Logan has and does play bigger but few of the "biggers" want to leave Columbus to come to Hocking Co. to play. Yet that argument for SEO holds true -- most of SEO runs from competition, be it a bigger school or one that IS TOUGHER.. Size often has nothing to do with it. Just be tougher ( while smaller) and watch SEO people run from you. Its endemic.

And , of course, nothing has been said about the JVs or Frosh. It becomes expensive to travel with your entire program seeking games. The long and the short of it is LOgan will seek out bigger schools, smaller schools who are tough and even parochials to fill its schedule. Logan will play anyone WILLING to play ( and travel to Hocking Co.). Meanwhile, its status quo for SEO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder why Logan picked a D7 team to play? If they are going to do that why not schedule one of the MAC teams? Come on nutless wonder, explain that to us. :mrgreen:

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

I find it interesting that some people with short memories comment at all on this topic.

First ANY Athens poster. The original cut and run to play weaker competition. Yes I know you have had a good run. Everybody has a good run. Logan did and Jackson is in the middleof one. Now back to Athens. Athens cut and run. ATHENS PAID to get out of playing Logan. Not only quit the league but PAID to get out of the contract to play Logan.

Moving on, I see one of those Ironton posters. How many times have they cut and run? They Run to Kentucky to play. Really? ?? Wake up it is a basketball state. They have played Canadians who thought Fb was played with a puck. However Ironton can man up and lead the charge to get Jackson in their new league. Let's see how that plays out.

The other SAD thing is that adults or what passes for adults enjoy seeing the difficult times the student athletes of Hocking County .

I am guessing most of you are reformed bullies.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

toldya wrote:I find it interesting that some people with short memories comment at all on this topic.

First ANY Athens poster. The original cut and run to play weaker competition. Yes I know you have had a good run. Everybody has a good run. Logan did and Jackson is in the middleof one. Now back to Athens. Athens cut and run. ATHENS PAID to get out of playing Logan. Not only quit the league but PAID to get out of the contract to play Logan.

Moving on, I see one of those Ironton posters. How many times have they cut and run? They Run to Kentucky to play. Really? ?? Wake up it is a basketball state. They have played Canadians who thought Fb was played with a puck. However Ironton can man up and lead the charge to get Jackson in their new league. Let's see how that plays out.

The other SAD thing is that adults or what passes for adults enjoy seeing the difficult times the student athletes of Hocking County .

I find it interesting that you condone Logan people doing the same things you bash the rest of SEOPS for. :lol: I also find it interesting that you think it is okay for Logan to do the same thing you bash Athens, Ironton, and others in SEO for doing. More interesting is you even admit they are doing the same thing, yet you say nothing about Logan doing it, while bashing the other mentioned schools. You have taken a page from the book of the ole, smelly, nutless one, who is probably your hero. :mrgreen:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Ground Buck wrote:
toldya wrote:I find it interesting that some people with short memories comment at all on this topic.

I find it interesting that you condone Logan people doing the same things you bash the rest of SEOPS for. :lol: I also find it interesting that you think it is okay for Logan to do the same thing you bash Athens, Ironton, and others in SEO for doing. More interesting is you even admit they are doing the same thing, yet you say nothing about Logan doing it, while bashing the other mentioned schools. You have taken a page from the book of the ole, smelly, nutless one, who is probably your hero. :mrgreen:
dont play innocent buck. we ALL do it on here, jj puddle, on other post it sites. about other teams, hs, college and pro.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens didn't pay Logan a dime and Athens saved 50k-100k a year switching leagues. sorry we have to spend our own money and not the states money like Logan

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Now I remember why I stopped commenting on things....

I have no idea what is being discussed now...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan grad wrote:Now I remember why I stopped commenting on things....

Logan pissing off everyone in SEO. i guess Logan forgets they play an all SEO schedule

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

Logan pissing off everyone in SEO. i guess Logan forgets they play an all SEO schedule

Could you list the everyone or is the word everyone made up like everything else you say. Signatures will help on your statement too. You should come up with in the area of 100 people from seo schools. I would say you will not come up with 25% truth. This will probably prove you don't know much about anything. I will give you credit....you know a bunch of crap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

Give it a break, RAIDER6309. :roll: :roll:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Is this game final? To talk about the game
I find it odd Shadyside would play Logan next year, Shadyside lost a lot

Return to “Football”