2015 Wellston at Jackson

05buckeye
JV Team

Re: wk1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by 05buckeye »

It will still be the same outcome dandy don no matter how much you flap your gums! Ya might wanna grab that bottom lip and roll it up after your bottle rockets get blown out and your jaw hits the floor.migjt even disappear off the page for a while.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:
05buckeye wrote:Oh where oh where has dandy don gone? Oh where of where could he be?? Lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh I am right here, don't worry. Nothing left to say really, made my prediction and gave the reasons why.

I guess that other team has a little scrimmage against Nelsonville (not NY lol) tonight so my guess is everyone will start to see things for themselves. My guess is the Buckeyes will come out looking good and then remember it was only a 12-7 game last year when Wellston played NY.

Draw your own conclusions after that, since most everyone on here are rocket scientists.

They all worried about getting all their "preseason recognition" and laying on the banks of Lake Jackson getting fanned with palm leaves. Our kids quietly putting in their time, doesn't matter where they play they just do what they are asked. Big culture difference.

It will be crystal clear in a week and a day.
It's laughable that you think jackson hasn't been training all off season as well. Your team better win with ease as much smack and disprespect you've spewed on here. You've put all your chips in the pot, hope that works out for ya

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:Jackson will have at least the 2 best football players on the field and 2 of the top 4 fastest.
Ok, and we will have next nine best football players.

You play your two best and nine worse against our nine next best and two almost as good as your best.
Not sure how I missed this. It's just impossible to believe that you would in any way shape of firm believe that.

So you have 9 players (not counting your two fastest players) better than Hunter Sexton and Raymond Potter? Ok

ovcbuck77
Waterboy

Post by ovcbuck77 »

Jackson must come prepared for war...anything less and it could be a dog fight, but if they are adequately prepared they will handle business with ease.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Rumor is wellston is much improved and has ran over everyone this season. Jackson kinda has an underdog mentality. They will be hungry to earn some respect Saturday

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I haven't been able to see Jackson in action yet, but I will be in attendance on Saturday.

From everything I've read and heard, it looks like Coach Hall is still trying to find the right combination up front on both sides of the ball. Jackson lost some very talented and experienced linemen from last year's squad. They're also returning some outstanding players up front, but there will be some younger guys mixed in. It may take the sophomores a little while to adjust to the varsity game, but hopefully they pick things up pretty quickly since the front half of Jackson's schedule is loaded with tough opponents.

If the Ironmen can get things figured out on the offensive line, they're loaded with several talented and experienced skill players, and they'll only get better when they get a couple guys back. Winning the battle up front is the key to success though, so we'll see how much progress is made. Defensively, Jackson features some of the best linebackers and DBs in the area, in my opinion, so I once again expect a fast, aggressive defense, especially once the full unit is together.

I have a lot of respect for the new coaching staff at Wellston. Those guys have had a lot of success and they're also great motivators. They'll have Wellston ready to play, and I think the people of Wellston will be pleased with the overall results of their program in the near future. Jackson needs to play with a chip on their shoulder and bring their "A" game on Saturday. It's a new year, and last season doesn't matter now. It's time for this group of Ironmen to go out and prove that they're the real deal.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Wellston Week 1 started lasted night when Jackson got on the bus to come home from Nelsonville-York.

Time to get after and get into the routine of game week (a Saturday night game week albeit)...players and staff can't have anything less than focus and determination all week and all game. Rockets are coached up and from it sounds like above ready to play and expect to win a lot of games.

Forget all the preseason predictions/selections nonsense and prove yourselves in 2015...let's go Red!

Get to the game early the JHS band, all 150 or so strong, will be honoring the five branches of service in each of the home games pre-game performance. Wellston game will be honoring the Army...my guess is it will be a good show and well worth the $2 to park and ticket to the game.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Viking96, if you heard that Wellston has ran over everyone ALL preseason, IT HAD TO BE A RUMOR IF SINCE THEY PLAYED ZANE TRACE... Wellston's best plays came from Qb semi roll to the right, then cut back just left of center and try to juke his way up the field OR nice pass play to a speedy wife out that got vertical and caught a couple balls over top of ZT defenders. Wells ton will need to hire some outside forces for BALL SECURITY--way to loose carrying the rock!!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

jackson goes 10-0/ 9-1 regular season then tanks in the playoffs same ol same ol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tl895 wrote:jackson goes 10-0/ 9-1 regular season then tanks in the playoffs same ol same ol
Please list all of the examples in JHS history of going 10-0 or 9-1 and tanking in the playoffs. Thanks

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Hey Dandy Don....How'd those Rockets look in their scrimmage vs Zane Trace? The fact that you have yet to be on here speaks volumes about your ridiculous predictions.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

I heard 21-6 for Zane Trace.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

What's the all time records on this series?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

1987chieftains wrote:What's the all time records on this series?
Jackson leads 70-27-6.

Jackson High School is also 3-0 against a team from the City of Wellston/Wellston YMCA in the earliest years that JHS fielded a football team.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

T minus 5 days

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:Hey Dandy Don....How'd those Rockets look in their scrimmage vs Zane Trace? The fact that you have yet to be on here speaks volumes about your ridiculous predictions.
Looked pretty good against the likely SVC champs actually, thanks for asking.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:
BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:Hey Dandy Don....How'd those Rockets look in their scrimmage vs Zane Trace? The fact that you have yet to be on here speaks volumes about your ridiculous predictions.
Looked pretty good against the likely SVC champs actually, thanks for asking.
Talked to someone from ZT and they said Wellsburg didn't really show up the other night. ZT was hoping for a good scrimmage before their opener and it didn't happen.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

noreply66 wrote: Talked to someone from ZT and they said Wellsburg didn't really show up the other night. ZT was hoping for a good scrimmage before their opener and it didn't happen.
Maybe try talking to a football guy instead of track that may help. If not check out the Wellston 2015 thread for what a ZT coach said about the scrimmage...you know someone that was actually there. Thanks

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:
noreply66 wrote: Talked to someone from ZT and they said Wellsburg didn't really show up the other night. ZT was hoping for a good scrimmage before their opener and it didn't happen.
Maybe try talking to a football guy instead of track that may help. If not check out the Wellston 2015 thread for what a ZT coach said about the scrimmage...you know someone that was actually there. Thanks
It might help you handy wand to know what back ground the ZT coaches have. That ZT coach you are talking about didn't want you to move your pad back to the hanger :lol: :lol: now that is funny right there..........WILBUR

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 Wellston at Jackson

Post by PIGSKIN »

Dandy will use that launch pad to escape after Saturday's game. Load your starters up and blast off after first quarter and win some games later in season. While your enjoying all the crow you will have to eat after Saturday's game.

Return to “Football”