WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
IBTT wrote:33-0 Tigers. The defense did just as I expected last week. The offense and special teams didn't show up. Numerous corrections have been made and I believe the real Tigers are going to show up this week. That is why the prediction is 33-0. Russell is no Burg. Burg was lucky that Ironton played worse than they did. Ironton had twice the talent while playing with twice the mistakes. If the tigers clean up the mistakes, and we don't get illegally chopped all night, Ironton will begin to roll.
Twice the talent burg has. You seriously are stupid. Lick your wounds pussycat and focus on russell..
IBTT... This is totally out of line & disrespectful to WB. The Pirates are a solid team. I may agree that the score may be different if the TIGERS had showed up offensively.
WB could claim the same.
The only way to end this debate is for both to perform well during the rest of the season & qualify & we get a ReMatch.
Then we can start the talent debate. I do feel like the tigers have a great offense that didn't show up & will hopefully reorganize & put their strengths on display.
WB HAS some great talent coming up for several years & the Tigers will have to start off season conditioning if they want to compete with WB!!! Ironton desperately needs more boys to join the team & show some pride.
WB has done this & in doing so, has built the premiere team in the southeastern Ohio area.

Back to the task @ hand. Beat Russell & continue the streak that Russell desperately wants to end.
Go
Tigers
Go !!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Listening to the pregame show and coach Vass was on it.
Interesting he pointed out Wheelersburg chopped blocked 9 times and only got called once and that was only after he complained heavy at half time.
This is the first time I heard him complain about anything or any game about officiating but he seemed very upset about it.
If these two teams meet again in playoffs I believe it will be a great game again no doubt with these comments made.
I read where people was saying Ironton was holding and it wasn't called and that maybe be I wasn't there but if the chop blocking was going on that is something that should be addressed it is a dangerous thing to do.
Good Luck Ironton tonight and though I would like to see Fairland win do to conference pride I see Wheelersburg winning but wish both of them teams well and injury free game.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

tjhtygeverve wrote:
BurgGrad_06 wrote:
IBTT wrote:33-0 Tigers. The defense did just as I expected last week. The offense and special teams didn't show up. Numerous corrections have been made and I believe the real Tigers are going to show up this week. That is why the prediction is 33-0. Russell is no Burg. Burg was lucky that Ironton played worse than they did. Ironton had twice the talent while playing with twice the mistakes. If the tigers clean up the mistakes, and we don't get illegally chopped all night, Ironton will begin to roll.
Twice the talent burg has. You seriously are stupid. Lick your wounds pussycat and focus on russell..
IBTT... This is totally out of line & disrespectful to WB. The Pirates are a solid team. I may agree that the score may be different if the TIGERS had showed up offensively.
WB could claim the same.
The only way to end this debate is for both to perform well during the rest of the season & qualify & we get a ReMatch.
Then we can start the talent debate. I do feel like the tigers have a great offense that didn't show up & will hopefully reorganize & put their strengths on display.
WB HAS some great talent coming up for several years & the Tigers will have to start off season conditioning if they want to compete with WB!!! Ironton desperately needs more boys to join the team & show some pride.
WB has done this & in doing so, has built the premiere team in the southeastern Ohio area.

Back to the task @ hand. Beat Russell & continue the streak that Russell desperately wants to end.
Go
Tigers
Go !!!
Coach Vass said on pregame show the game film showed Wheelersburg Chop blocking 9 times and getting called once.
Maybe he has a point chop blocking is dangerous to any player but regardless Ironton lost time to move on and focus on the Red Devils

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

game cancelled tonight due to lightning and weather, will be played tomorrow at 8pm.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:Corrections have been made? Ironton had more offensive yards than the pirates. Not to mention ironton could have been called on more false starts and a couple of pass interference calls. Sometimes the loss pill is hard to swallow but by now you should have pooped it out. The pirates are good. Accept it. Ironton could have easily won the game as well. They are good too. They just didn't win. Move on.
burg folk you all should worry about what your team is missing cause it sure was missing something that 2013 , 2014 had!!!!!!!!! and as I said before any1 watching knows what it was!!!

tigers be fine came out a throwing some tonight early , everyone had to like that !!!!
tigers 27-13

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Has Vass ever beat Burg? Maybe his first year or the year he had 20 seniors? I can't believe this has become acceptable.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Vass=coach of excuses, so 8 plays could have been a penalty? Wonder how many false starts could have been called? Oh wait, the burg coach never counted them and talked about it in pregame.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

wobycat wrote:Vass=coach of excuses, so 8 plays could have been a penalty? Wonder how many false starts could have been called? Oh wait, the burg coach never counted them and talked about it in pregame.
So you're really comparing a couple 5 or 10 yard penalties to penalties that could end a high school kids playing career? Let's call them what they are cheap shots. Dirty tactics Wheelersburg has to use in order to win a game. Cut blocking on backs and linebackers are cheap shots just as dangerous as a helmet to helmet hit is to a kid. You condone that kind of stuff apparently I would expect no less from a Burg fan.

joshcrace
Waterboy

Post by joshcrace »

Both teams are good. Period. watching last night (only 7 offensive plays for Russell ) tigers still a little lackadaisical against spread teams. It's early in the game but they did not look agile, hostile and mobile. They need to throw to Carey or campbell early on 1st down. We'll see tonight

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Cheap shots? You know that you can cut block in the free blocking zone? The danger is when they are engaged with another player. That's a cheap shot, which he never mentioned. And if that is a play that ends players career then it should be illegal to tackle someone head first below the knees which is essentially the same thing. They very well could have been out of the zone and been called penalties but Burg is not a team that cheap shots. I know burg coaches aren't the type of people to try to endanger a kids health just so they can win. If that's the case, they should have done it every play. Nice try though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well let's try er again tonight fellers.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

wobycat wrote:Cheap shots? You know that you can cut block in the free blocking zone? The danger is when they are engaged with another player. That's a cheap shot, which he never mentioned. And if that is a play that ends players career then it should be illegal to tackle someone head first below the knees which is essentially the same thing. They very well could have been out of the zone and been called penalties but Burg is not a team that cheap shots. I know burg coaches aren't the type of people to try to endanger a kids health just so they can win. If that's the case, they should have done it every play. Nice try though.

Yea you can cut block on intial contact if and only if the the players are in the free blocking zone. A linebacker and a running back are not in the free blocking zone. A linebacker shooting at the knees of a running back coming through the hole on a block is a cheap shot meant to injure someone. I forgot though as long as it's your players doing its ok. As for your coaches they were instructing their linebackers to go after the knees of our players. This is a fact. One Ironton happened to be standing on the sideline behind the Burg benches and he heard the coach instruct the linebackers to do that. So yea you coaches would never do something like that.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Cheap shots? You know that you can cut block in the free blocking zone? The danger is when they are engaged with another player. That's a cheap shot, which he never mentioned. And if that is a play that ends players career then it should be illegal to tackle someone head first below the knees which is essentially the same thing. They very well could have been out of the zone and been called penalties but Burg is not a team that cheap shots. I know burg coaches aren't the type of people to try to endanger a kids health just so they can win. If that's the case, they should have done it every play. Nice try though.

Yea you can cut block on intial contact if and only if the the players are in the free blocking zone. A linebacker and a running back are not in the free blocking zone. A linebacker shooting at the knees of a running back coming through the hole on a block is a cheap shot meant to injure someone. I forgot though as long as it's your players doing its ok. As for your coaches they were instructing their linebackers to go after the knees of our players. This is a fact. One Ironton happened to be standing on the sideline behind the Burg benches and he heard the coach instruct the linebackers to do that. So yea you coaches would never do something like that.
Is that even a penalty?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Yea, it's a penalty that's what we have been talking about the past few comments.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

A blitzing linebacker can be in the free blocking zone. I'm not disagreeing that the burg player was out of the zone when the block was made or that should have been a penalty. And I'm sure the coaches told them to do so in the zone. But maybe those boys went too far down hill. But if burg was such a team to be classified as a dirty team, why hear about it now? Why not last year or the year before.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Coach vass is basically saying that his team was cheated in 7 plays and that's why they lost.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

The elite teams of Ironton past are gone, and sorry too say so is the coaching, when the rubber hits the road they can't get it done jmo.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

wobycat wrote:A blitzing linebacker can be in the free blocking zone. I'm not disagreeing that the burg player was out of the zone when the block was made or that should have been a penalty. And I'm sure the coaches told them to do so in the zone. But maybe those boys went too far down hill. But if burg was such a team to be classified as a dirty team, why hear about it now? Why not last year or the year before.
Why, because the coach at Ironton screwed up royally and he's deflecting the blame for the loss. I mean, according to one Ironton poster, Ironton had twice the talent but still couldn't overcome a few plays. That's piss poor coaching all day, if you want to believe Ironton had twice the talent. The whining going on now by some shows exactly how far the program has digressed in the past couple of years.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I'm not whining. Our coaches had horrible play calling and are lacking in a lot of ways. Burg beat us straight up, but intentionally going after a player in the manner the Burg backers did is wrong and needs to be addressed.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tried to look that up but everything I found is offense cutting defensive, nothing the other way around.

Return to “Football”