Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Re: Week 3: (2-0) Beechwood KY @ (0-2) Ironton

Post by Senatorz10 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Ironton probably faced the best team they have played thus far this season, tonight, but they will face a juggernaut next week when they travel to Putnam to face the Tomcats. If the defense can't stop the run next week it will be a long night because of all the scoring. Does KHSAA have a running clock when the lead is at 35? And if I read it's just Ashland in the forum I think I'll puke. No discipline = No wins
beechwood would destroy Ashland!!!!!!! stop playing Ashland up to be something there not

they may have the best back In the area but they beat a medicore WV team by 1 pt
BTW... That WV Team Ashland beat by 1 (George Washington) hung 87 on St. Albans tonight! They musta been mad...

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Their gonna down play any of their oppenents all they can. And find a way to cry. i find it funny. that ironton is sucking and shoot i can't believe this site has'nt closed down with all their posters on here. But somehow someway ironton posters will find a way to put them in the top 5 of a powerpoll

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Was mark lutz ever associated with the Vass era? I just can't imagine if he wasn't why he didn't take his Bob's place. But if he was involved, he could smell the sinking coaching staff ship through the locker room stench. If so, no wonder He jumped ship!
If I'm not mistaking, he hasn't. I think he took a sabbatical up until taking the Rock Hill job.

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Was mark lutz ever associated with the Vass era? I just can't imagine if he wasn't why he didn't take his Bob's place. But if he was involved, he could smell the sinking coaching staff ship through the locker room stench. If so, no wonder He jumped ship!

For somebody who claims to be an Ironton fan, you sure do take a lot of pleasure in blasting the current coaching staff with every one of your posts. IMO you should respect the players on "your" team enough as to not constantly dog their leaders on a public forum.

I'm sure that the coaches let this stuff roll off of their back, but it's the players that you're ultimately hurting with posts like this.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

What planet have you been living on? That kind of talk has gone on as long as these forums have existed.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The reason's I've resorted to it are obvious. It needs to be said. The team is hurting because of certain coaching not what I post. Not Everyone stays silent on this topic.Call it what you want. Once you finally accept it, grow a pair to own it, you stand behind it.
Read ALL OF THE POSTS that call it out, I'm not the only one. But I'm the one who will not let it rest until things change. The fighting tigers have pride deep inside & therefore; they are stronger & smarter than you gave them credit for.
So, after you read the other Ironton posters calling out all the things they are not pleased with about the IHS Staff, come back and "quote" JUST ME for speaking OF the offensive play calling & all of its results & how it ROLLS Off the coaches back & mental bruises for players.
Btw, I was one of the firsts to point out the vast improvement on team play by the fighting tigers tonight. I also pointed out what I felt they needed to work on. I supplied a positive for what I felt was a negative. I'm still here @ 0-3 cheering & pushing the boys on & I'll be here as long as it's the Lord's will. I'll be back home in 3-years with some enemies from these posts, but I'll still be in a seat @ EVERY GAME!!!!
Gotigersgo!!!
Chin up.
One play @ a time.
Get the ball!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fbnut wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:
zebra77 wrote:Ironton probably faced the best team they have played thus far this season, tonight, but they will face a juggernaut next week when they travel to Putnam to face the Tomcats. If the defense can't stop the run next week it will be a long night because of all the scoring. Does KHSAA have a running clock when the lead is at 35? And if I read it's just Ashland in the forum I think I'll puke. No discipline = No wins
beechwood would destroy Ashland!!!!!!! stop playing Ashland up to be something there not

they may have the best back In the area but they beat a medicore WV team by 1 pt
Now thats funny, you guys have been playing ironton up to be something there not for the last 4 months :lol:

OH MAN, AT HURT

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I THINK ALL TIGER FANS HAD VISIONS OF SUGAR PLUMS DANCING IN THEIR HEADS WITH LIKE 16 SENIORS COMING BACK AND ALL THIS SIZE.AND THEY HAVE A VERY GOOD SEASON LAST YEAR. NOT BY TYPICAL TIGER STANDARDS , BUT NONE THE LESS SUCCESSFUL. I FIGURED IT MAY END UP BEING IRONTON OR BURG TO WIN THE REGION.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I KNOW I DID.I'LL ADMIT IT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tjhtygeverve wrote:Was mark lutz ever associated with the Vass era? I just can't imagine if he wasn't why he didn't take Bob's place. But if he was involved, he could smell the sinking coaching staff ship through the locker room stench. If so, no wonder He jumped the boat to RH.

no he coached for bob lutz

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

tjhtygeverve wrote:The reason's I've resorted to it are obvious. It needs to be said. The team is hurting because of certain coaching not what I post. Not Everyone stays silent on this topic.Call it what you want. Once you finally accept it, grow a pair to own it, you stand behind it.
Read ALL OF THE POSTS that call it out, I'm not the only one. But I'm the one who will not let it rest until things change. The fighting tigers have pride deep inside & therefore; they are stronger & smarter than you gave them credit for.
So, after you read the other Ironton posters calling out all the things they are not pleased with about the IHS Staff, come back and "quote" JUST ME for speaking OF the offensive play calling & all of its results & how it ROLLS Off the coaches back & mental bruises for players.
Btw, I was one of the firsts to point out the vast improvement on team play by the fighting tigers tonight. I also pointed out what I felt they needed to work on. I supplied a positive for what I felt was a negative. I'm still here @ 0-3 cheering & pushing the boys on & I'll be here as long as it's the Lord's will. I'll be back home in 3-years with some enemies from these posts, but I'll still be in a seat @ EVERY GAME!!!!
Gotigersgo!!!
Chin up.
One play @ a time.
Get the ball!!!

Divided houses can't stand.....if you think these kids at this point in the season aren't fragile and impressionable by words on a computer, you're sadly mistaken.

Sure there are other negative posts regarding the coaching, but the fact that you're so persistent from 1,000 miles away is a real head scratcher. Yeah, you've really "got a pair" to constantly go at the players vis-à-vis their coaches like you do.

That's not exactly the phrase that comes to mind.

Here's a thought: try being positive on here all week. Get behind the kids and their parents and yes even the coaches. Negativity is contagious....it's a big problem in our area. Reach out to a connection of the team and encourage them. That's how comebacks start. Tell the kids you believe in them AND their leaders. Maybe post a highlight tape of one of IRONTON'S players and help inspire some confidence in them for a change.

Good luck IHS, beat Ashland!

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: Nice post POCKET ACES I agree with your WISDOM!!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Do you want to be Politically Correct or do you want to be RIGHT?

If you want to give the players trophies and tell them they are doing good. Pat them on the back. Go right ahead. That does not change their record of 0-3.

The players and coaches all have to improve. Learn from their mistakes to overcome. The pat on the back needs to be replaced by a kick in the butt. All the talk before the season started means nothing. The record is 0-3 so what is every player and coach going to do about it to improve the team. Not just listen to the fans praise them. Ohio State lost their first game. Heard everyone say they didn't belong. Went to their third string QB. All they did was prove it on the field as a team.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

farmer wrote:Do you want to be Politically Correct or do you want to be RIGHT?

If you want to give the players trophies and tell them they are doing good. Pat them on the back. Go right ahead. That does not change their record of 0-3.

The players and coaches all have to improve. Learn from their mistakes to overcome. The pat on the back needs to be replaced by a kick in the butt. All the talk before the season started means nothing. The record is 0-3 so what is every player and coach going to do about it to improve the team. Not just listen to the fans praise them. Ohio State lost their first game. Heard everyone say they didn't belong. Went to their third string QB. All they did was prove it on the field as a team.
^ The perfect post. ^ Well Done!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

farmer wrote:Do you want to be Politically Correct or do you want to be RIGHT?

I think we all know why Lutz was so successful as a coach. He didn't accept average. If you didn't leave it all on the field, you had to keep it all on the bench. Everyone is so worried about hurting feelings when everyone should be worried about the kid after High School football. No discipline will hurt a kid later in life when he/she is in the real world and not a darn thing is handed to them. 0-3 is an embarrassment in Itown and it should be. These kids need some very strong criticism to right the ship. Get positive on Friday, but work their guts out til then.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Pocket Aces wrote:

For somebody who claims to be an Ironton fan, you sure do take a lot of pleasure in blasting the current coaching staff with every one of your posts. IMO you should respect the players on "your" team enough as to not constantly dog their leaders on a public forum.

I'm sure that the coaches let this stuff roll off of their back, but it's the players that you're ultimately hurting with posts like this.
yo grover!!! this dude and mine and few others are right on money!!!!!!!!!

in this game in particular though , the play calling and formations was very much improved

if ANY coach cant take criticism they shouldn't coach period!!!!!

and I seriously doubt very many current players read this!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton is lost at this point.
Bad blocking play calling and lack of focus.
Ironton is 0-3 looking at 0-4.
Ironton's running backs are not getting holes to run through QB is not getting time to pass Defense makes a great play and then gives up a big play.
Coaching has to get better period Ironton was in game one and 2 game 3 they got out played period in 2nd half.
I know not having 2 players may have hurt but the play calling was beyond bad.
Ironton is a talented team but if the talent is not allowed to play up to it's ability then you are wasting talent.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Praise in public....discipline, rant, act a fool or whatever in private....

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Everyone loses players to injury. it is part of the game.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The question cg-ironton fan is not if Beechwood can beat Ashland, but can Ironton beat Ashland?

Return to “Football”