Week 4 (0-3) Ironton vs (3-0) Ashland KY

zebra77
Varsity

Re: Week 4 (0-3) Ironton vs (3-0) Ashland KY

Post by zebra77 »

Visions of sugarplums in July, now they're prunes!

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

Well let's see if the kid is able to play next week. Now answer my questiion, did you play football for Ironton,, CG, or not play at all? And are you going to let Vass know how you feel? Like to his face?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

whitwell wrote:Well let's see if the kid is able to play next week. Now answer my questiion, did you play football for Ironton,, CG, or not play at all? And are you going to let Vass know how you feel? Like to his face?
kudos pal u can defend this staff all u want

im no legal expert but had the kid got seriously hurt and that tape was given to a lawyer may the chips fall where they fall!!!!!!

if you want some good ADVICE go browse the stands with open ears LOL

u and a select few are dogging the 1's pointing out things here and im not the only 1 pointing stuff out!!!!

Observer57
Waterboy

Post by Observer57 »

I suggest to draw the plays from out of a hat. Couldn't do any worse. There is some good players out there. Keep on doing what you know to do. Injuries really hurt. Never no what a day holds for you.

whitwell
Waterboy

Post by whitwell »

First off I'm not your pal and second I haven't defended anyone. I have heard some things about this situation, I'll leave it at that. Now, answer my questions, did you play football for Ironton, CG, or not at all? And are you going to the coach and tell him how you feel?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

well it sets up a fun setting next week, Portsmouth-Ironton used to be THE GAME, now well, I have no idea. Question for my friends from Ironton,Have there ever been an Ironton team that began the season 0-4?

Observer57
Waterboy

Post by Observer57 »

yes 1968 I believe

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Don't worry all ironton is still a top 5 team in SEO haha

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

whitwell wrote:First off I'm not your pal and second I haven't defended anyone. I have heard some things about this situation, I'll leave it at that. Now, answer my questions, did you play football for Ironton, CG, or not at all? And are you going to the coach and tell him how you feel?
He isn't going to answer you. I would assume that he has never played football about jr high levels and no, he probably doesn't have the Cahoonas to go say something to someone's face. The anonymous message board seems to be the best playing field for him.

The sad fact is, nobody will ever live up to Bob Lutz. Even with a fair shake, many people in Ironton still expect unrealistic things to happen. Ironton is going to be a tough program to turn around because of that.

I would bet if Lutz kept this kid in the game, everyone woould be bragging about how tough Lutz players are on the field.

Very sad situation.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I assume a doctor cleared him to play, there are injuries that you can't make any worse and can play with as long as you can take the pain.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Why on Earth play #22 at all when he was visibly hurting bad. Should've held him out in hopes of getting more healthy for the OVC slate of games.
Folks, Ironton can still win a conference title and make the playoffs.

Remember a Van Wirt team a few years back that started 0-4 and went all the way to the State Championship knocking off an amazing Portsmouth team for the semifinal. Will Ironton make that much a turnaround? Doubtful but, wild things can happen. I really hate to see #22 playing hurt because when healthy, he's one of the better backs in Ohio. What I see from this Ironton team is zero blocking up front. THAT'S the difference in Ironton this year, the QB is running for his life thanks to no resistance up front.

One more note : Why did Ironton go away from the beast that is Desmound Young when the game was still 0-0 and 7-0?!?! He was gaining excellent yardage almost every time. Still scratching my head on that one.

Next week, Ironton and Portsmouth. Ironton should roll big.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Regardless if he was cleared to play, if he shows signs of injury, you bench him on precaution or the fact he's a baby. Either way he shouldn't have played. Obviously he was a non factor in the game on or off the field.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Hey cg. Let me know when you start walking from ironton. That way I can meet u at the burg mcdonalds! Haha and don't worry I'll give you a ride back home after the BURG GETS WIN NUMBER 4 ON THE SEASON TONIGHT!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't see how anybody could say we'll roll Portsmouth after getting smacked in the jib 41-0 by ASHLAND.or even consider talking playoffs at this point. it just seems kinda illogical to me, you have to win one first.it's sad to think that at this point, people think we can compete now because the ovc is down.i'm going to be absolutely honest here.what is happening in ironton is lil shy of a crime.it's really bad.and if not addressed then that would be a travesty.anyhoo congratulations to the Ashland tomcats. and the thing the fighting tigers need to do at this point after 40 plus years of domination, is just take 1 play, 1 game at a time and improve.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

In regard to playing Paladino who was "visibly hurting." Ironton has two athletic trainers as well as a physician on the sidelines. Coaches have medical personnel at their disposal to help make informed decisions CG. You are making statements that are unfounded. Surely you aren't questioning decisions made by trained professionals in the medical field. The athlete in question has removed himself from the lineup many times this season. If he was in fact that hurt he could have not returned to the lineup as demonstrated in past games.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Well how is the coaching staff working for you now!! :lol:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LetsGoPSU wrote:well it sets up a fun setting next week, Portsmouth-Ironton used to be THE GAME, now well, I have no idea. Question for my friends from Ironton,Have there ever been an Ironton team that began the season 0-4?
They started 0-5 in 1968

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

#22 wasn't a factor in the game, I watched the game too. I seen him take himself in and out of the game many times?? Coaches and the trainers would never let a "kid" play if he was NOT able, I'm pretty sure its THEIR decision, not the players. Truth is there was no blocking up front when the tigers were 2 times the size of the tomcats??? So who do you turn to and ask why???, line coach,??, head coach,?? Athletes??? Again questionable play calls, 3rd quarter tigers had the ball and RAN down the field to about the 10 yard line and then the player (players) that got them down there didn't get the opportunity to score??? frustrations are running high with plenty of question marks!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

What happened ? After all, it was ONLY Ashland !

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Again, why they went away from Young when he started with 4 carries for about 40 yards baffles me. Even the Ashland announcers were saying to stick with him. Could've been a lot closer even without #22.

Return to “Football”