WK 4: Monroe Central (2-1) @ Caldwell (3-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

WK 4: Monroe Central (2-1) @ Caldwell (3-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Could be huge for PVC title implications

PVC MAN
JV Team

Re: WK 4: Monroe Central (2-1) @ Caldwell (3-0)

Post by PVC MAN »

The Noles will be coming in angry and should win this one by Atleast 2Tds. Kilburn will be in the backfield all night giving Clark nightmares. With no Lori this one may get ugly. Hooper should have a great game throwing the ball.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Why wasn't this Kilburn person in River's backfield all night?

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

Caldwell by 14+. With the weapons that they have, Caldwell does not need Lori to beat Monroe. Keep in mind, an average Union Local team ran for nearly 200 yards in the second half alone against Monroe. Yes I know that Monroe won the game, but Caldwell is much better than UL.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Maybe a somewhat close game , but Caldwell wins.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Would love to see Central win this, but I can see Caldwell taking it by 13.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

Caldwell 41 Monroe 7

studRB
Waterboy

Post by studRB »

Actually I correct my previous post: Belmont Union Local ran for 200+ yards in the third quarter against Monroe, not the entire second half. Caldwell has many more weapons than UL and a much better quarterback. Not saying Monroe is bad, awful, etc, but Caldwell is a very, very good ball team.

the natural
Waterboy

Post by the natural »

wagner97 wrote:Actually I correct my previous post: Belmont Union Local ran for 200+ yards in the third quarter against Monroe, not the entire second half. Caldwell has many more weapons than UL and a much better quarterback. Not saying Monroe is bad, awful, etc, but Caldwell is a very, very good ball team.
I'm so confused as to where you got these numbers? I just watched the entire 2nd half and only had UL with 110 rushing yards the whole half and only 90 in the 3rd quarter. Union Local is not a bad football team either, they just beat Martins Ferry this past weekend.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ferry is way down might get beat by 40 this weekend to St C

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

MC has to many athletes for Caldwell to contain. I don't see Caldwell having to much success moving the ball on our big front line. I don't think Clark can beat us with his arm.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

PVC MAN wrote:MC has to many athletes for Caldwell to contain. I don't see Caldwell having to much success moving the ball on our big front line. I don't think Clark can beat us with his arm.

Caldwell is much faster and stronger than River
By the way who won that game ???? OH YEA RIVER

Not taking nothing from river

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Monroe Central has the schedule that's still got Ft. Frye, Magnolia and Barnesville (a combined 8-1) but beating Caldwell could happen.
The Noles did score 3 times at River, but the defense will have its hands full with Caldwell.
I think it's a 1-touchdown difference.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Potential PVC title on the line for these two squads. Defense has been playing really, really well for Caldwell, but with the loss of Lori, they'll need to get others involved offensively. Can't rely too much on Clark and give MC the ability to key in on one player. Still gotta stay with the Redskins in another close one.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

After watching the game films, I don't think Caldwell can keep up with our offense. I know we can shut Clark down. The league title is going to be back where it belongs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Find it hard to believe you were breaking down game films. Caldwell has speed and is big and physical I think Hooper might be running around with his head cut off. Caldwell by 2 scores.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

PVC MAN wrote:After watching the game films, I don't think Caldwell can keep up with our offense. I know we can shut Clark down. The league title is going to be back where it belongs.
You're hilarious. Do any of these look familiar?

"Not only will Kilburn be in (River's) backfield all night, Hooper will be in the end zone all night"
"MC wins by 2 scores (against River). What a tough schedule to the start of a season. Look for Hooper to have another good game."
"I will take Shady by 14 points at home (over Caldwell)."

Once in awhile, just for a change of pace, you should actually try to get something right. Edit: Thanks for the diversion though. It gave me a good laugh.

F-54
Waterboy

Post by F-54 »

This will be an excellent match-up once again against two tough teams. Caldwell has the better team by far though. Caldwell will win this game and another PVC title! "especially when Caldwell won by a fluke" last season. These kids are so talented and play with a lot of heart. No way will they let this game slip on their own turf. The loss of Lori will only strengthen team and their will to play! Caldwell wins by at least two touchdowns and remains undefeated!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Might go catch this one. It'll take a couple turnovers by Caldwell for MC to pull this one out IMO.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

This game was close last year and Monroe is going to come in with a chip on their shoulder, so I think it's a tough game to call. I read the sudden absence of Monroe Central posters as a distinct lack of confidence in their team, but maybe they're busy raking leaves or something else important this week.

Return to “Football”