Ironton the OVC and Playoff Points

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton the OVC and Playoff Points

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Actually Burg has wanted to end the series for years, but they haven't because of the money that it brings in.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Lets just call it like we see it this Ironton staff needs to go period

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Dropping Ironton wouldn't make sense at all, especially with all of the whining you here about traveling expenses. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to drop a competitive program just down the road and have to replace them with someone 2 or 3 hours away. I never like to hear about traveling expenses because, frankly, that's what boosters are for and I think they're a bit overstated, but it's just another reason not to cancel the Ironton/Burg series. And I'll just add: to say that beating Ironton doesn't give you playoff points is absurd (sorry).

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Mad_Dogg wrote:I'm not takin anything away from ironton they are a great program but I wouldn't care if they drop us or we drop them. I've always said I wish the burg would drop them and ports. We haven't lost to ports since the yr before they got the new stadium. We lost to them the last time we played them at spartan. As for 2nd level points we don't get much.

As for ironton we have beat them 4 straight games and don't look to get much help. The yrs they beat us they get in the playoffs and get a bunch of 2nd level points from us.

So personally I would not care if this is the last yr we play either of them. In recent yrs we have played fairland, rock hill, coal grove and south point. All three we didn't get much help from. I wish we would quit playing teams from the ovc. The only team w we really got points from is cg.
no logic behind your statement whatsoever

I only looked at 2014 you guys got 35 L2 points for beating us

in 2012 when ironton beat burg we got 39.5 L2 points

seems pretty even to me!!!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Palladino back in for Ironton & Ashland game!

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

So much for the arguement of Peake running the table!!!

FINAL SCORE...ROCK HILL 27 PEAKE 20 (OT)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

fuzzhead wrote:Dropping Ironton wouldn't make sense at all, especially with all of the whining you here about traveling expenses. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to drop a competitive program just down the road and have to replace them with someone 2 or 3 hours away. I never like to hear about traveling expenses because, frankly, that's what boosters are for and I think they're a bit overstated, but it's just another reason not to cancel the Ironton/Burg series. And I'll just add: to say that beating Ironton doesn't give you playoff points is absurd (sorry).
YUP

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oldtrojan wrote:So much for the arguement of Peake running the table!!!

FINAL SCORE...ROCK HILL 27 PEAKE 20 (OT)

THIS WAS THE SHOCKER OF THE NIGHT FOR ME.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M PROUD OF THEM.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fuzzhead wrote:Dropping Ironton wouldn't make sense at all, especially with all of the whining you here about traveling expenses. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to drop a competitive program just down the road and have to replace them with someone 2 or 3 hours away. I never like to hear about traveling expenses because, frankly, that's what boosters are for and I think they're a bit overstated, but it's just another reason not to cancel the Ironton/Burg series. And I'll just add: to say that beating Ironton doesn't give you playoff points is absurd (sorry).
no truth to it, some people just like to throw stuff out there to get a rise out of the burg fans. The burg and ironton have been playing ever year now for over 20 years, if the burg wanted to end the series they would have done it by now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you are totally right. 4 wins in a row is bad. but they are giant killers now, and too much pride involved in beating ironton. schools have success in various years. ironton's lasted 40 plus years somehow. now we are in the bottom of the barrel looking up. and we can expect to take the jaw bumping. and we should. now can we climb out of the barrel and start tossing others in it.

Return to “Football”