Week 5 Wellston (3-1) @ Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Week 5 Wellston (3-1) @ Alexander (3-1, 1-0)

Post by loganlocos »

This will be a whole new challenge for the Spartans.

It's one thing to be the hunter, a whole 'nother thing to be "THE HUNTED."

As Ric Flair says, "To be the best, you have to beat the best!" - well the Spartans just knocked off the king of the mountain. They are going to get every team's best shot, and the pressure will build with each win.

TVC-Ohio gonna be a wild ride this year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Alexander 35

Wellston 21

Wellston has yet to play anyone!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

The Rockets are big and very physical, and nothing like Alexander has seen yet. Alexander is physical too but we have seen that and will be ready for this style of match-up.

Spartans had a great win over Athens but they are more of a finesse type of team.

Wellston plays with bad intentions on both sides of the ball and this game will be won in the trenches I think. We bring a lot to the table besides #15, but I doubt he is contained all evening.

The coaching staff will have the Rockets ready for this one and trust me the entire roster has bought in hook, line and sinker to this system.

Wellston moves to 4-1.

chillidawg
Waterboy

Post by chillidawg »

I have seen both teams this year. My heart says Wellston but my head sees Alexander winning in a close game. 28-16.
Should be a great game.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Still can't jump on that wellston wagon yet .... I think the Spartans win the battle in the trenches and will control the clock and the tempo. Those two big receivers and a dose of the run game probably be just enough to get the job done
Friday night at home.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Rockets TNT too big and strong. Alex doesn't have enough speed to beat the Rockets. Rockets go to 4-1 on the season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironmen44 wrote:Rockets TNT too big and strong. Alex doesn't have enough speed to beat the Rockets. Rockets go to 4-1 on the season.
I seen that exact same post last week ... Athens too big and strong. Alex doesn't have enough speed to beat the Bulldogs.

Alexander 31
Athens 14

I have seen a lot of different teams thus far, and I can tell you the Spartans are a darn good football team. Big, strong, fundamentally sound, tackle well, play very good defense, have a tough running back, tall receivers. They are going to be a load for any team in the Ohio Division.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Ironmen44 wrote:Rockets TNT too big and strong. Alex doesn't have enough speed to beat the Rockets. Rockets go to 4-1 on the season.
I seen that exact same post last week ... Athens too big and strong. Alex doesn't have enough speed to beat the Bulldogs.

Alexander 31
Athens 14

I have seen a lot of different teams thus far, and I can tell you the Spartans are a darn good football team. Big, strong, fundamentally sound, tackle well, play very good defense, have a tough running back, tall receivers. They are going to be a load for any team in the Ohio Division.

I have seen Athens play twice this year and they may have the worse defense that I have seen in a long time.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its not the 31 scored by Alex - but the 14 allowed. The Bulldogs put up 49 on a pretty darn good Logan (4-0) team. Scored 53 during their 53-0 win over Warren. But were held to just 14 points on their home turf by Alexander.

I'm not saying Alexander will win Friday - or Wellston - I have no dog in the fight. I was just impressed by the Spartans and their 22 seniors. Take it for what its worth, which is about 2 cents, 3 tops.

:mrgreen:

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

In the words of Roy D. Mercer: "Just How Big A Boy Are Ya"...Wellston gonna introduce you to some lads that are pretty darn big and pretty darn nasty.

Alexander lost to (3-1) Chesapeake, which lone loss came at the hands of Rock Hill. Wellston scrimmaged Rock Hill.

The idea that the TVC Ohio may run through Jackson County better start to enter into the thoughts of some people. Wellston kids know that this is the year and there will be absolutely nothing left on the table after every Friday night.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:Its not the 31 scored by Alex - but the 14 allowed. The Bulldogs put up 49 on a pretty darn good Logan (4-0) team. Scored 53 during their 53-0 win over Warren. But were held to just 14 points on their home turf by Alexander.

I'm not saying Alexander will win Friday - or Wellston - I have no dog in the fight. I was just impressed by the Spartans and their 22 seniors. Take it for what its worth, which is about 2 cents, 3 tops.

:mrgreen:
For once, I like your thinking dog!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Ironmen44 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

Alexander 31
Athens 14

I have seen Athens play twice this year and they may have the worse defense that I have seen in a long time.
I've seen worse...
Warren has given up 174 points.
Athens has given up 147.

If you watched the Athens/Alexander game, the Bulldogs Defense was the only reason they stayed in the game as long as they did. I believe it was 5 consecutive stops that the Athens O could not capitalize on. The Athens Offense did no favors for the Athens D against Alexander and eventually that Alexander Attack broke through and ran away with it.

Alexander is the real deal and I had a blast watching them play last week.
Coach Penrod has them playing inspired football and a Senior-Heavy Team can be very dangerous....

Good Luck to Both Teams...

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

^^^^^

Class. I agree with your post questionmark.

Go Alex! Go TVC!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I bet this will be a good game to watch.

the_big_coach
Freshman Team

Post by the_big_coach »

People better be thinking the tvc-ohio just might be running thought the county down along the river, MEIGS

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Ironmen44 wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:

Alexander 31
Athens 14

No worse then the past two years. They just don't have Burrow on the other side of the ball scoring more than the other team. Just shows it aint the X's and O's (coaching) it's the Joes (as in Burrow) that was winning those games. :mrgreen:

This is a pickem game IMO. Both teams look good of late. I'll take Alexander cause they'll probably have Yogi with the white hat on since it's at their place. :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Alex rolls. Wellston might win 1 of their remaining games this season.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:Alex rolls. Wellston might win 1 of their remaining games this season.
Is that 1 game your talking about against VC? Haha! A team that just drummed portsmouth west by 40, I would think Wellston can play with and beat anyone on the remainder of their schedule. I think their toughest game will come against Meigs.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Blue Duck wrote:
Dundas wrote:Alex rolls. Wellston might win 1 of their remaining games this season.
Is that 1 game your talking about against VC? Haha! A team that just drummed portsmouth west by 40, I would think Wellston can play with and beat anyone on the remainder of their schedule. I think their toughest game will come against Meigs.
Yes it is against VC IMO. Lol

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it :)

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

We are winning more than one more game...sounds like a case of Golden Rocket envy to me...must have caught it from the Hocking County folks...a variation of their Chieftain Envy virus.

Return to “Football”