WK6 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Gecko
Varsity

Re: WK6 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Post by Gecko »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:More points for Logan if the Buckeyes win. Good luck to Coach Dean and co.
You have no clue how points work then. NY is D5 and Meigs is D4. If you beat both, you want the bigger school to win.

Meigs is 4.5 times wins= Logans L2'points
NY is 4 times wins = Logan's L2 points

Beating a 7-3 Athens is the same as beating a 7-3 Akron SVSM
Wrong raider you want the smaller team to win if you beat them both. If ny wins they would get 5 level 1 points from Meigs. Which Logan would get for level 2 points. If Meigs wins then they would only get 4.5 But either way we're only talking about half a point.

Good luck to Athens county teams tonight.

BlackStar
Waterboy

Post by BlackStar »

Thought this might be a good game with miegs winning bye 2 scores.But word on the street Andrews was suspended for this game,but just herd he was kicked off team.Big task with 3 heads now down to 1,going to be a long night for the buckeys if this is true.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

gecko wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:More points for Logan if the Buckeyes win. Good luck to Coach Dean and co.
You have no clue how points work then. NY is D5 and Meigs is D4. If you beat both, you want the bigger school to win.

Meigs is 4.5 times wins= Logans L2'points
NY is 4 times wins = Logan's L2 points

Beating a 7-3 Athens is the same as beating a 7-3 Akron SVSM
Wrong raider you want the smaller team to win if you beat them both. If ny wins they would get 5 level 1 points from Meigs. Which Logan would get for level 2 points. If Meigs wins then they would only get 4.5 But either way we're only talking about half a point.

Good luck to Athens county teams tonight.
You're wrong. You want the bigger team to win. Logan already has 4.5 from Meigs and 4 from Nelsonville for L1. L2 is the only points they can add. 4.5 is bigger than 4. But yes it's only .5 but Logan is gonna be a bubble team at 8-2

oldschool
Freshman Team

Post by oldschool »

ttomcat 80 wrote:Thought this might be a good game with miegs winning bye 2 scores.But word on the street Andrews was suspended for this game,but just herd he was kicked off team.Big task with 3 heads now down to 1,going to be a long night for the buckeys if this is true.
I would have thought orange and brown would have mentioned this if it were true! It very well could just be a rumor.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

TheLot wrote:
ttomcat 80 wrote:Thought this might be a good game with miegs winning bye 2 scores.But word on the street Andrews was suspended for this game,but just herd he was kicked off team.Big task with 3 heads now down to 1,going to be a long night for the buckeys if this is true.
I would have thought orange and brown would have mentioned this if it were true! It very well could just be a rumor.
The messenger writer on twitter confirms Andrews and Mount NOT in uniform tonight.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/00....NY

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

Post by Ohiosoftballrocks »

N-14
M-12

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Meigs started out slow last week too

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

N-14
M-12
At the half.

Yeah, the Marauders started slow last week, and here's hoping that they can pick it up the second half.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

NY getting. Homered

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

N-14
M-18

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

nybucks70-80 wrote:NY getting. Homered
Seriously?!
Please eloborate.

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

N-14
M-26

Ohiosoftballrocks
Waterboy

FINAL!
N-14
M-32
WAY TO MARAUDERS!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Boy the Buckeyes really pile up penalties. They could be a much better team of they didn't take themselves out of games. Meigs adjusted and absolutely dominated from mid 2nd quarter on.

NY's QB is good though. He was the only reason this game was even close for a while.

Meigs really loves to take risks. Can't say I've ever seen a timeout called with 1:35 left in the first half down 14-12 to stop the clock on defense on a 3rd and 1.

Good game and good luck to both teams moving forward.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:Boy the Buckeyes really pile up penalties. They could be a much better team of they didn't take themselves out of games. Meigs adjusted and absolutely dominated from mid 2nd quarter on.

NY's QB is good though. He was the only reason this game was even close for a while.

Meigs really loves to take risks. Can't say I've ever seen a timeout called with 1:35 left in the first half down 14-12 to stop the clock on defense on a 3rd and 1.

IMHO meigs is not a very well coached team, they have some weapons but are prob going to lose a game or 2 they should win. Bartrum's high risk offense is prone to turnovers and as weather gets worse they will struggle. Being a Div 4 team with that offense even if they make the playoffs they won't last long!! Defense is not very good and takes too many chances. They could easily lose 3 games the rest of the way! This league does not help them or Athens in any way when it comes to making the playoffs! beating Div 5 teams don't help much!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:Boy the Buckeyes really pile up penalties. They could be a much better team of they didn't take themselves out of games. Meigs adjusted and absolutely dominated from mid 2nd quarter on.

IMHO meigs is not a very well coached team, they have some weapons but are prob going to lose a game or 2 they should win. Bartrum's high risk offense is prone to turnovers and as weather gets worse they will struggle. Being a Div 4 team with that offense even if they make the playoffs they won't last long!! Defense is not very good and takes too many chances. They could easily lose 3 games the rest of the way!
I will just say they are coached in a way I've never seen. Yes, a lot of risk is involved.

I'll disagree that the defense isn't that good. I feel they've played great this year. Defense makes at least one huge play every week. Cody Bartrum scooped up a fumble and ran it back tonight.

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

Bevo wrote:

IMHO meigs is not a very well coached team, they have some weapons but are prob going to lose a game or 2 they should win. Bartrum's high risk offense is prone to turnovers and as weather gets worse they will struggle. Being a Div 4 team with that offense even if they make the playoffs they won't last long!! Defense is not very good and takes too many chances. They could easily lose 3 games the rest of the way! This league does not help them or Athens in any way when it comes to making the playoffs! beating Div 5 teams don't help much!

Seems like we have played in this weather in every game, so we should have lost them all...Amanda Clearcreek (heavy rain-2 hour delay) Won that one, Logan (downpoor) Lost by 5, Vinton (rainy weather Won, RV (Rainy Weather) Won that one...Tonight, Oh we won tht one in this bad weather 2...So seems like our offense and defense plays well enough in this kind of weather...What you should ask yourself or tell yourself is darn, Imagine what these boys can do in clear conditions...HUMMMMM. Go lay down BEVO!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Coach_K wrote:
Bevo wrote:

Seems like we have played in this weather in every game, so we should have lost them all...Amanda Clearcreek (heavy rain-2 hour delay) Won that one, Logan (downpoor) Lost by 5, Vinton (rainy weather Won, RV (Rainy Weather) Won that one...Tonight, Oh we won tht one in this bad weather 2...So seems like our offense and defense plays well enough in this kind of weather...What you should ask yourself or tell yourself is darn, Imagine what these boys can do in clear conditions...HUMMMMM. Go lay down BEVO!!!
Wanted to tell you Coach_K, your son #11 has really stepped up and is making great reads on the ball with another pick tonight. The Meigs secondary is surely one of the best around!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Bevo wrote:

IMHO meigs is not a very well coached team, they have some weapons but are prob going to lose a game or 2 they should win. Bartrum's high risk offense is prone to turnovers and as weather gets worse they will struggle. Being a Div 4 team with that offense even if they make the playoffs they won't last long!! Defense is not very good and takes too many chances. They could easily lose 3 games the rest of the way!
I will just say they are coached in a way I've never seen. Yes, a lot of risk is involved.

I'll disagree that the defense isn't that good. I feel they've played great this year. Defense makes at least one huge play every week. Cody Bartrum scooped up a fumble and ran it back tonight.
My point! The RV game hinged on turnovers either team could have won, other than that game and Logan they have played 4 other teams who have won 2 games between them. I think Athens, Alexander and Jackson will tell how good Meigs is, remember they are a Div 4 team so when you say anything about them is good is needs to be really good when playing div 5 teams and they haven't been!

Return to “Football”